Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactor Sabotage 2.0

[DE]Whirrrrr

Eh, I felt sabotage was one of the more lasting gamemodes and would have maybe reworked other things first. It had a charming simplicity and a good pace.

That said as long as you guys don't turn the mission into yet another mobile defense it should be fun.

God forbid they should try to improve something.

I mean, how is this negative tweaking? Literally all you do in the current version is go to a place, shoot a thing then run off.

To a degree, I can see where they're coming from.  Exterminates have limited hostiles.  Deception requires a player to spend an undetermined amount of time utilizing their secondary/melee to kill things, which they may not like.  Capture might require a chase if a player doesn't bring a one-shot wonder cannon or misses that shot.  Sabotage kind of sits in that middle ground where one can treat it like an exterminate with an infinite number of bad guys, and the only fail scenario being the timer following the reactor's destruction.

I don't see why they're upset about the method to destroy the reactor changing, but I can also see where they might find the environmental effects a nuisance.  I look forward to all of it myself, but I do sympathize with those whom would prefer simplicity.  Someday, deception and capture may be reworked as well.  How they'll go about it I imagine will take inspiration from the sabotage rework - options for stealth or brute force.

And so i bid good bye, to the last of the nostalgic quick mission types.

There still is Deception man, but hey, it's aging very badly,unfortunately...

I also want to retrieve an artifact & get that nice red-glowing effect, but I guess that it's a thing from the past... :/

We can only look back with tender eyes filled of nostalgy...

DE you are making sabotage HELLA LONGER there better be some good rewards. No, amazing rewards.

Tru dat.

Variety is always great. But what's about surface sabotage missions? Maybe turn those into destroying a convoy of trucks?

Idea for Jupiter sabotage - mission happens on some sort of flying "train", where we must crash it and then escape before it sinks into Jupiter.

Edited by Necrius

Variety is always great. But what's about surface sabotage missions? Maybe turn those into destroying a convoy of trucks?

Idea for Jupiter sabotage - mission happens on some sort of flying "train", where we must crash it and then escape before it sinks into Jupiter.

They're starting with the ships, then moving on to other tilesets and applying more locale appropriate environmental effects.  It wouldn't make much sense for Earth's forests to suddenly freeze over or burst into flame because we overloaded the toxin injector.  Jupiter could probably adopt the Corpus Ship sabotage as a stopgap until the build a more proper Jupiter sabotage tile.  Corpus ships explode... Gas cities fall towards the core of the planet (or explode from increased pressure within their gas tanks.

Would definitely make the long-requested "Frost should resist coolant leaks"/"Ember should resist fire patches" passives more worthwhile and interesting if you could see them coming.

I'm surprised there isn't more of a Parkour element behind it though, beyond "don't stand in fire". I would expect sabotaging a ship to cause it to begin breaking down, changing its structure as machinery starts to fail and walls come apart, Michael Bay-esque explosions, and forcing Tenno to race to extraction before extraction becomes unreachable because some scaffolding and rubble fell over the door and sealed you into the wreck. Indiana Jones-ian escapes.

But, could save that for another mission type, to go with Archwing Racing - just seems hard to find a better context.

hydroid should gain 1 energy per second in water and frost should have his abilities reduced in damage in fire damaged places and ember should have her abilities buffed in fire damaged places

Pls interception 2.0

Pls Hijack 2.0

Pls Extermination 2.0

Pls Defend 2.0

Pls Assasination 2.0

Pls Deception 2.0(Remove this)

Pls Excavation 2.0

Did i ask for much?

I'd just make all defense missions operate like hijack minus the whole feeding it energy thing.  At least, with Ceres defense and Uranus defense, the intent seems to be to move the defense objective around, though it's currently moot to do so because players tend to just lock down the entire map then kill off their enemies at their leisure.

30 minutes ago, TheSacredToaster said:

I'd love to see Grineer and Corpus trying to evacuate, even more dim lights (remember when Warframe was scary? :^( ).

Oh! Oh! I remember! It was a loooong time ago...

Hopefully, [DE]Steve's lighting rework will bring that old "aura" back...

On 16/2/2016 at 5:46 PM, DesoPL said:

Pls interception 2.0

Pls Hijack 2.0

Pls Extermination 2.0

Pls Defend 2.0

Pls Assasination 2.0

Pls Deception 2.0(Remove this)

Pls Excavation 2.0

Did i ask for much?

Not really : Deception 2.0 NEEDS to happen eventually because it's outdated as Ruk....

Not sure about the others though.

(Excavation is technically already a 2.0 = it's the new outdoor survival. Assassination 2.0 is also in the making, as they go on placeholder bosses as time goes by.)

On 2/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, mrecentric said:

UGH. You guys keep negatively tweaking the only kinds of missions that I enjoy. Now all I have left is exterminate, crossfire, and capture D:

The only "negative" thing you could complain about in this rework is that it's no longer zoom in, shoot something, and zoom out, and now takes proper interaction, maybe a bit of thinking, and a bit more time.

In other words- the only complaint is that you don't like that you actually have to DO something- more than just run through the mission at mach 10. And if that's the case, it's straight up unfortunate that you don't want to actually have to PLAY the game.

@DE, I'm really looking forward to the sabotage rework. Always felt it was too fast/simple and knew this was coming some day. Really curious how you'll handle the other mission types. I picture the cicero one causing toxic mist clouds everywhere and the underwater labs flooding and causing us to use our archwings. Who knows though, you always come up with some pretty unique stuff.

i still think having all Elemental Types represented in every mission is doable :(
but if not enough time to be able to do so, oh well.
but it's doable! i can see locations having say, power cell factories that you can snag a unit off the line and 'stick a battery in and see what happens'; waste disposal areas you could snag a unit off of and 'stick a waste cell in and see what happens'; electromagnetic factories that you can snag a storage unit from and 'stick a magnet in and see what happens' - Et Cetera. many ways it could thematically fit and give options.
ideally IMO, every single Elemental Type would be represented in each Mission, but having a variety if not all would be nice. there's many already existing Tiles in each Tileset that could be just slightly altered to thematically fit a certain Elemental Type and have a conveniently located (alternatively thematically located) 'cell' type thing you can steal and shove into the Reactor.

in the long run i'd also love to see two Enemies run over to Cells you've left on the ground, pick them up together, and real slow like, crab walk them back to where they came from(to suggest they're pretty heavy or something, but Tenno can carry easily), and if given enough time, put them back in. it seems strange that the Enemies wouldn't try to keep the Reactor running while their friends distract the Tenno.
it also means that if you're basically inactive in the Mission, eventually Enemies will regress the Mission back to the start, putting all of the Cells (including the ones that came from other areas of the map) back where they came from.

what we have with Grineer Galleon and Corpus Ship, seems nice. the Tiles are interesting. the pipes to defend may be just a bit exposed to the doorways that Enemies walk into the room from, allowing them to shoot the pipes as soon as the door opens which seems questionable.

the Caches seem a bit easy to find, for now i suppose - i imagine in due time you'll go back and add some sneaky as hell locations like you did with Void Sabotage and Hive Sabotage.

some issues:
when the Reactor ejects the Fuel Cell, if you don't pick up the Fuel Cell and move it, inserting another Cell into the Reactor can be very difficult. yay, contextual actions. having the Fuel Cell fall further away from the Reactor would help with that though.

no HUD indicators for the integrity of the pipes - Health Bars or something on the HUD would make it easier to keep track of them.

in the ~Lv25 Reactor Sabotages i was playing, Enemies didn't seem particularly dense at times. specifically when defending the Reactor as you power it up incorrectly, often felt like very few Enemies. would prefer Spawning significantly more Enemies in higher Level Reactor Sabotages, but also giving the Pipes more Health to equate out to about the same, just with more to do.

some Magnetic Fields are placed directly in Doorways or on Mission Objectives. making it nigh impossible to complete Objectives or impossible to move through the map without stepping in a trap.

uhh... put Fuel Cell in Coolant; Fire + Ice == .... Magnetic? wut.

Edit:

hmm. cycling map didn't help.
6DiGkIb.png

pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

gfycat.com/ImpassionedPeriodicBarbet

Edited by taiiat