Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactor Sabotage 2.0

[DE]Whirrrrr

FYI - finding all 3 Sabotage Caches (so getting the third 'Rare' desirable reward) is just another roll on the Mission Completion pool that you get for completing the Mission.

so the answer to that would be never because finding 1/2 Caches deliberately gives somewhat useful but no so great rewards.

1 - non Void, non Infested Ship Sabotage IS an unpopular Mission Type.

2 - Survival is NOT an unpopular Mission Type.

Oh, I know how caches work.  And were they to stay that way, I'd dislike it, but I'd do so quietly.  I'm rather concerned they won't stay that way.  They're not the only scavenger hunt based bit they've added.  Syndicate medallions have a similar, skippable nature.

This last event though, finding the acolytes was also a scavenger hunt - wander around, hope you wander into the right tile.  And wasn't skippable the way caches were.

Do non-void sabotages even have end of mission rewards?

Oh, I know how caches work.  And were they to stay that way, I'd dislike it, but I'd do so quietly.

Do non-void sabotages even have end of mission rewards?

- very well.

- Hive Sabotage does... generic, it might have a super low chance for some consumables like Capture does?

Last I checked the peak reward for non-void Sabotage caches was a built Forma.

ah! i forgot Toxin Injector Sabotage.

yes, that has some more valuable Rewards - but the rate of obtainment is too low for Established Players to bother as they are fully capable of being showered in Void Keys.

good for earlier Players to maybe get something for later on though.

so non void, non Hive, non Toxin Injector Sabotage - again, Generic Sabotage has little if anything in reward atm.

OK, but can we keep the original sabotage too? I think the mission type is PERFECTLY fine. Sometimes it just doesn't have to be a complex multi-stage mission. I think you are "fixing" things that nobody asked to improve. Making archwing enjoyable and re-distributing the rewards would have made way more sense.

I also miss the old raid mode.  =(

Nice ideas and feedback, thanks everyone!

We have plans to create more than three elemental events and expand them to appear in other modes. Sort of how the 'ice' and 'fire' events work now but not randomized after you enter a mission, so that there's an opportunity to prepare for it. They could be especially useful for adding a twist to special missions like sorties, quests and other alerts. For now we're focusing on developing the three events with the initial sabotage release, more will come later. At risk of complicating the mission outcome further, I'd like to keep it to 3 controllable outcomes per tileset (so perhaps other sabotage missions would end up with 3 different elemental events). Lots of possibilities!

It would be good too that the reactor enter in a state of meltdown and you get locked inside the reactor room, so you need to find a way to escape from the locked room or fight with some hard enemy inside the room so the room only will open when you kill that enemy.

how is this a negative tweak? i mean sure it takes longer but it's actually more fun that way

1) You just said it yourself, it takes longer. That might be more fun for you but it's less fun for other people. This was the only just-shooting type of mission where you could take as long or short of a time as you want without enemies scaling in difficulty.

2) Choosing something only works single player. Otherwise whoever gets there first gets to choose what happens to the reactor. They'll probably want to do something different than I did.

3) I disagree with the devs. Sabotaging a reactor shouldn't necessarily destroy things. You don't need to get out in a set time. It wouldn't necessarily introduce environmental hazards.

4) Environmental hazards are not fun. They're the opposite of fun. They're really, really annoying. Adding more types won't make them fun. Changing them to work this way won't make them fun.

5) What is wrong with the old way of walk in, shoot stuff along the way, shoot an objective, stroll out leisurely, and don't have to carry something with you preventing you from using your primary weapon? Now we won't have that type of mission. I'm going to miss it.

Edited by mrecentric

We have plans to create more than three elemental events and expand them to appear in other modes. Sort of how the 'ice' and 'fire' events work now but not randomized after you enter a mission, so that there's an opportunity to prepare for it.

FINALLY!

:3

We have plans to create more than three elemental events and expand them to appear in other modes. Sort of how the 'ice' and 'fire' events work now but not randomized after you enter a mission, so that there's an opportunity to prepare for it. They could be especially useful for adding a twist to special missions like sorties, quests and other alerts. For now we're focusing on developing the three events with the initial sabotage release, more will come later. At risk of complicating the mission outcome further, I'd like to keep it to 3 controllable outcomes per tileset (so perhaps other sabotage missions would end up with 3 different elemental events). Lots of possibilities!

Can we have an electric overload in the ship and have volt benefit from it? he really does need some rework asap!

Earth: Aside from the Toxin injectors, what else could they do? Detonating something over a cliff could give us more river, gorge, and canyon type tiles to delve/fly down into, or a terrible weather system could come in to wreck havoc with a lightning storm. (akin to Ceres, but way more active) I've seen suggestions for ancient urban areas, but that'd mean a completely new kind of tile set, though what one can do sabotage-wise there would be greater. Freeing all of the captive animals, to sabotage animal tamer units, could mean having Kubrow, Skates, and Kavats rampage.

Europa: Super Coolant Leak, due to all of the natural ice everywhere. (flash freeze, kinda) A 'fire' hazard would just mean flooding the caverns enough to need Archwing for mobility. With the high humidity present from raising temperatures, heavy fog could also fill the areas. Sabotaging could also crack the surface, giving more of those crevasse kinds of tiles. (might need one of those rovers to escape!)

Gas City: Sabotage causes previous tiles to drop to the Void below, giving a sense of urgency without necessarily adding a timer. Malfunctioning the ballasts could mean more perilous outside, rafter-like construction areas with low gravity. Sabotage could also be simply releasing all of the inmates in a prison type area, giving it a Crossfire kind of feel. (I mean, those rescue areas have toooons of cells!) Sabotage could also put the place on perma-lockdown, requiring hacking through every door in the way.

Venus: Magma eruptions, like a general fire hazard, but including large patches of ashen lava. (guaranteed fire procs) Would work the same way as the Coolant Leak's snow/slow patches, in those regards. Atmospheric destruction, where anything considered 'outside' gives massive accuracy reductions and an uber bright, consistent shine. Void Storm: those ethereal, floaty void streamers all over the place, damaging both the powers of the Tenno and providing constant confusion to everyone. (imagine hostile decoys running everywhere, 'fighting' the Corpus and us)

Space Archwing: Sabotage could cause the hull to become highly magnetic towards other ships and asteroids, attracting them in to 'rain' down on the more open areas. Could also put a beacon out for infested to infect, making Jordas-types of mini-boss fights prevalent.

Sharkwing: Destruction could cause internal areas to flood, or external areas to have drained via barriers. With Oculysts here, drawing in Sentient agro would fit the bill, too, for a Crossfire kind of effect. Purposely gating in Corpus or Corrupted (via Torsion Key or something) could fulfill that too.

I'd like to keep it to 3 controllable outcomes per tileset (so perhaps other sabotage missions would end up with 3 different elemental events). Lots of possibilities!

i gladly await being able to poison everything on Grineer Shipyards then! :)

would like all available in each Mission, but oh well. then i presume like how Hive Sabotage has Viral and Magnetic which fits the Infested theme fairly accurately (based off of the Enemies in the Faction), that Grineer would have Fire and Toxin, Corpus Electricity and Radiation, Et Cetera.

including but not limited to, ofcourse.

though if by Tileset, then i suppose the area and the Faction would be the influences....

*rubs chin*

The single worst tileset in the game has been around for nearly two years and they still haven't gotten around to making it any less tedious to navigate.

I don't think I have the temperament for this kind of game.

i have to agree they are hard to navigate, but they are infested. they dont just build smooth steady corridors like the corpus or grineer. they take what the others have and cover it with infestation.

what i want to see (other than more infested tilesets) is the infested rooms in regular corpus ship tilesets. its odd running through an infested corpus ship that has a layout thats different than the regular corpus ships. like in mobile defense we see some big trash room thing but you never see that in regular corpus ships. or the L hall that has stairs at both sides and in the middle is the door to a little room. that hall is in infested tilesets but the door to the little room is just a wall.

same with crashed corpus ships on corpus ice planet, some rooms there you dont see in non crashed corpus ships. would allow for more varity if the rooms from infested and crashed where all shared in some way with one another and could open up to more targets or hidden things.

UGH. You guys keep negatively tweaking the only kinds of missions that I enjoy. Now all I have left is exterminate, crossfire, and capture D:

God forbid they should try to improve something.

I mean, how is this negative tweaking? Literally all you do in the current version is go to a place, shoot a thing then run off.

Edited by AdunSaveMe