Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stances & An Idea For Melee Alt Fire

Cyandana

So I've become OBSESSED with melee combat recently after becoming rather disenchanted with imbalanced guns.

Some of the popular and powerful melee stances have AWESOME movement/utility options that require a pause combo to activate. With practice it's possible to reliably execute a pause combo under a max power strength Warcry/Volt Speed and full berserker stacks but a LOT of players are missing out because it's "too hard".

Examples:

* Nikana - Blind Justice - Super awesome and useful dash

* Heavy Blades - Tempo Royale - as above but less so... but it's on a heavy blade. Feels and looks great.

* Dual Swords - Swirling Tiger - Multi hit attack that can be activated during a slide! Prisma Dual cleavers are amazing with this - gets REALLY touchy with high attack speed.

And there are of course many more.

What if we could... press alt fire instead? Would it really be OP to dash, twirl your dual swords or whatever on command? I don't think so.

I feel like melee is VERY restricted in its current state and that such an addition would be a good use of a currently unused button.

I think he means break up some of the button presses up between two buttons instead of the one button system we have now. People have been complaining about this for a long time. The fact that the reload button does nothing in melee combat has lead many to suggest it to be used for heavy attacks, charge attacks, or attacks for when the combo requires a hold press of the melee attack button.

I know key binding are different on PC, but on PS4 Alt Fire is R3 and reload is the square button. Much rather they used the reload button for melee combat instead of the alt fire button because using the right control stick to point the camera and depressing it for an attack mapped for R3 is already somewhat akward for secondary fire, let alone melee combat.

I know key binding are different on PC, but on PS4 Alt Fire is R3 and reload is the square button. Much rather they used the reload button for melee combat instead of the alt fire button because using the right control stick to point the camera and depressing it for an attack mapped for R3 is already somewhat akward for secondary fire, let alone melee combat.

Ugh, the game's controls are so bad...

I think that they should make the melee stance controls discrete entirely on the controller. We can remap the attack button, but it's not really clear.

Oh, and good luck doing complex maneuvers when R3 is "Alt Fire" I have to remap it to down on my D-Pad.

Edited by Snowbluff

Ugh, the game's controls are so bad...

I think that they should make the melee stance controls discrete entirely on the controller. We can remap the attack button, but it's not really clear.

Oh, and good luck doing complex maneuvers when R3 is "Alt Fire" I have to remap it to down on my D-Pad.

You remapped it to down on the D Pad? How do you move your Warframe while shooting alternative fire?