Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Overhaul

(XBOX)Aquarii Ptosi

So can I just start with... Why is hydroid in game? Just kidding. But really he's in need of some serious reworking. His abilities carry no synergy. I mean the guy is supposed to be the ocean's wrath. He's a puddle... I'd really to see his abilities touched up to add a ravenous terror. The best I can do with him is comical game play. Not to mention how reliant on his augments(I loosely use that in a plural form) he is. So here's my ideas.

Tempest barrage

He's calling down a barrage of liquid fury.

This tech I'm pretty okay with but it could be a bit more effective if the barrage rate was increased an didn't need narrow minded to focus it. Other then that and 1 more idea that I'll save for the end and should apply to all of his techs I think it's pretty solid as a tech 1

tidal surge

Crash through enemies in a ferocious puddle.... Okay really change the mechanics to work like rhinos charge and PLEASE! Change the "wall of ferocious water" into like a giant shark with razor scales amp the dmg and I think I'd be a pretty beastly tech. Or another option would be either tap the surge and he flows in 1 direction as a wave or hold it and he sends out expanding walls(of sharks) like Molecular prime in all directions from a stationary point while he is unable to move.

Undertow(my personal favorite)

Becomes a puddle....

So I'm not if this tech should even stay. As much as I love it it should have always been able to heal you're squad it should do more dmg and should have a little more range if you keep if change it to a dark hole in the ground and when enemies step on it tendril like appendages force enemies down also let the puddle move around(if so shorten the range to a static 15 meters).

Or you can ditch it entirely an add a buffing or Support tech maybe more CC?

Feeding Frenzy

Hydroid emits a mist of rampaging pheromones that send him and his allies into a feeding frenzy.

On death enemies increase your warframes damage and speed cap it at something like x2 dmg from all sources and speed increase at x2 or something idk don't break it. But sea creatures are fast as hell so it makes sense.

I feel as though this tech should be channeled but that could be a bit OP so eithef that or duration would be awesome.

Now then time to address elephant.

Tentacle Swarm.

Summons creatures from the deep to tickle the enemies? There is no havoc it's just WTF???

My thoughts on how to embody the oceans themselves is rather then summon tentacles hydroid becomes them I'll go in depth... No pun intended.

Leviathan

Hydroid unleashes the oceans and becomes their juggernaut.

Hydroid's body becomes more streamline like an actual predator of the deep an shoots water around him that encases himself in a leviathan shark/kraken hybrid shell of water. He should be extremely lager maybe a little lager then atlas's golems with tentacles laced with barbs an fins on a loch ness like body.

In this form his base armor is changed or multiple to be on par with valkyr or just really tanky in general with the option of modding it in someway.

He should not be able to use weapons an syndicate procs should be disabled

However allow him to be affected by both primary mods and melee mods for this.

While in this form he should be able to use his tentacle as melee and be able to fire of jets of water(water jets are fired using primary fire and consume some energy or add to drain)

He should only be able to gain energy from orbs and rage.

Lastly to really add synergy give him the passive

Runoff

All of his techs leave behind a trail/pool of water that's either curative amplificative I can't pick so I'll let you but either buff movement speed add a small regeneration affect or increase his own dmg depending on how much water is left around.

All the augments would still work just fine imo

Aside from that just give him a nice new look something a bit more fish/squid like and less I just thought random organs together.

Thnx.

Only thing I can agree with wanting is the moving Undertow. A mobile puddle waddling around would be so much fun. The Leviathan idea looks weird in my head. Feeding Frenzy is.. weird but discussable?

What sea monster do you know looks normal? not to mention what's normal looking about tentacles popping up from the ground an aimlessly flailing around?

I feel having a more interactive uti would be far cooler then.... Um yeah dildos.

Edited by (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi

His puddle is massively useful, everything held into stasis, just great especially with currative undertow.

His barrage only needs focussing IF YOU WANT THAT, me? well I like the bigger range so it can keep down bigger crowds, again, each their own, thats the beauty of it.

This tidal wave is fantastic to get around.

The only thing that hydroid needs is more accurate tentacle placement with the 4th, thats it.

His puddle is massively useful, everything held into stasis, just great especially with currative undertow.

His barrage only needs focussing IF YOU WANT THAT, me? well I like the bigger range so it can keep down bigger crowds, again, each their own, thats the beauty of it.

The only thing that hydroid needs is more accurate tentacle placement with the 4th, thats it.

Undertow isn't as useful as you say. It's nice on paper but like I tried to pint out his techs carry no synergy what so ever. Tentacles have to rag doll to kill and tempest needs to hit them to kill undertow reject both of those abilities intierly not to mention the terrible dmg and eximus units still sap from team. At best it's an OK CC but it's farm good in terms of actual game play. You're basically waisting energy to hold the enemies still. That's the extent. Vauban gives stealth buffs banshee has x2 the range and x5 the dmg he'll even an accelerate stun lock is better. And again undertow "alone" is a fair lacking skill. Saying it's good CC is a far cry. The only real way like I pointed out to make it kinda good is to add curative

that's very untrue the new meta and general usage easily supports him needing another look.

that's very untrue the new meta and general usage easily supports him needing another look.

Undertow isn't as useful as you say. It's nice on paper but like I tried to pint out his techs carry no synergy what so ever. Tentacles have to rag doll to kill and tempest needs to hit them to kill undertow reject both of those abilities intierly not to mention the terrible dmg and eximus units still sap from team. At best it's an OK CC but it's farm good in terms of actual game play. You're basically waisting energy to hold the enemies still. That's the extent. Vauban gives stealth buffs banshee has x2 the range and x5 the dmg he'll even an accelerate stun lock is better. And again undertow "alone" is a fair lacking skill. Saying it's good CC is a far cry. The only real way like I pointed out to make it kinda good is to add curative

"Vauban gives stealth buffs banshee has x2 the range and x5 the dmg he'll even an accelerate stun lock is better."

I dont even know what im reading here.

The point is, you are not suppose to kill them when you are holding them, you are suppose to protect something, lock off an area by putting a puddle infront of it.

Then when everyone is ready you let them out and cast tentacles etc on the entire group instandly, bob's your uncle.

Honestly I think you need some more time with Hydroid because he is one of the better done frames out there imo, again, that 4th most def could use some work (but thanks to being able to recast abilities instantly even that is not too big of an issue).

(it would also be really cool if his first became a channeling ability, everlasting rain!)

Edited by ZoneDymo

My ideas...

Tempest Barrage: Pretty much the same, but increase the rate of fire for the duration

Tidal Surge / Undertow: Both abilities work the same, but Hydroid can now use Tidal Surge while in Undertow. Doing so will carry any enemies grouped by Undertow along.

Tentacle Swarm: Creates a large orb of water. When enemies come near the orb, tentacles reach out, swipe up enemies, and pull them into the water prison, where they receive damage over time

Honestly I think you need some more time with Hydroid because he is one of the better done frames out there imo, again, that 4th most def could use some work (but thanks to being able to recast abilities instantly even that is not too big of an issue).

(it would also be really cool if his first became a channeling ability, everlasting rain!) My hydroid has 6 forma and is my 3rd most used frame an 5favorite frame time I don't need with him my point wasn't that he doesn't kill it's that it's not effective as a tech compared to other frames/the New meta not to mention how are you getting these enemies into the undertow? Because it's not with hydroid as aside from the infested everyone sits back and shoots mostly. Moreover you're frame becomes completely unusable during the channel. Where as other frames offer far more advantages. I.e a gun. Or even walking..... It's very ignorant of you to make a comment like "I need more time with him" I've had him almost as long as he's be available. Case an point ALL of his techs need to be looked at again even if it's only cosmetic but he is most definitely lacking when put beside tier 2 frames and it's not like its a bad thing just he's old an needs to be revisited imo he was a rushed frame that needs a respectable reworking to add more synergy.... Idk like syarn rhino Excalibur. Ect all those frames have techs that work "well" in conjunction not hydroid. Swarm+barrage is about the only real 2 almost synergy techs and that's if swarm even spawns right.

Allowing you to move while using Undertow would be OP as hell. You could just puddle your way around the level scooping up all the enemies.

As someone who actually played a lot of Hydroid a few small changes is all he needs. His 1 and 4 need better targeting, particularly his 4. It would also be nice if the tentacles actually tried to grab new enemies entering the area instead of randomly flailing about.

He should also be tankier. His base stats are deceptively low and he could use a buff to his health and armor.

It would be interesting if undertow scaled off of range but that one would likely get a lot of hate due to most Hydroid builds using Narrow Mind.

51fc5972c8561132d1000002_736.jpg