Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder Prime Weapons Are Too Weak...

Foureyes

Hello everybody,

I wanted to talk to you about 2 weapons that are in my opinion too weak for which they are prime.

It's about the Lato Prime and Prime Skana.

First, the Prime Lato ...

This second weapon has nothing to do with Prime, it is just as weak as the normal Lato and does not lift up.

The weapon needs a rebuild ... especially As Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Status chance.

Lato Prime vs. Lato ... not really a benefit

Second, the Skana Prime ...

The sword is too weak compared to the other versions ...

Comparison there Orthos and Orthos Prime is because a lot of damage in between.

Skana Prime vs. Prisma Skana, not even better...

Skana Prime vs. Skana, benefit is to small...

With these two weapons, I see no advantage to have them as prime.

You can also use the normal.

I think that it is in the interest of all Founder that these weapons also get the attention of developers.

P.S .: suggestion

Show in the details of melee weapons the hitbox range, it can then decide whether easier Primed Reach is needed or not.

best regards

Foureyes

A buff to them would incite unrest among the community. The weapons are meant as rewards and trophies to commemorate your actions in supporting DE.

However I do agree that they are not up to par, their stats have maybe only ever been touched during the transition from Damage 1.0 to 2.0 and then never again. But this won't stop me from using them. Try using a few Formae and a different mod combination to see what works. Just don't expect them to be endgame material.

A buff to them would incite unrest among the community. The weapons are meant as rewards and trophies to commemorate your actions in supporting DE.

However I do agree that they are not up to par, their stats have maybe only ever been touched during the transition from Damage 1.0 to 2.0 and then never again. But this won't stop me from using them. Try using a few Formae and a different mod combination to see what works. Just don't expect them to be endgame material.

still they are prime weapons and should be way better then teire regular counterpart look at nikana prime its even better then the dragon version

Turn Founder prime stuff to skins, then give 12000 MR points to compensate (Excalibro prime, skana prime, lato prime), scale when appropriate for other founder packages.

Skins can be used on appropriate gear:

- Excalibur prime skin to, well, excalibur (maybe umbra?)

- Lato prime to lato/vandal

- Skana prime to prisma/skana

Edit: This is a half-baked idea, don't cut my head and stab it on a stake

Edited by p3z1

i would agree with you but since these items are locked to 99% of the community, i feel they need a nerf not a buff

Which would upset the Founders, like me. They arn't exactly top tier, endgame weapons. Why nerf them?

Best just leave them as is. If people really feel strongly I'd say let the community have a vote or something.

Its impossible.Watch this and nothing changed since trillion of this threads. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/553547-poor-lato-prime-check-this-out/

DE act like this : "Lato Prime?Skana Prime?Founders?Whats that?Never heard of them."

They handle it "Dont talk about or note it ,so there isnt a problem."

In that kind of topic i feel as a founder like a unwanted child.Even in a lifestream they have a problem to play as or show Excalibur prime.

Edited by K0bra

Aren't they meant more as a symbol of what you did for the game to begin with. I do agree that they're pretty weak but if they got to big a buff it would cause unrest in the community since the Majority of players would never get it and be able to enjoy it. If they ended up being the best in the game it would be madness without a doubt. This is just my opinion though so please don't scrutinize me.

i would agree with you but since these items are locked to 99% of the community, i feel they need a nerf not a buff

Why would they need a nerf? Did you read Op's thread? They straight up suck. Even if most people don't have them, the few people that do have no reason to use them. We paid money for these things but because of how bad they are, no reason at all to wipe them out.

Skana Prime is mid tier when you use the syndicate mod, which is where it should be. DE should do the same thing for the Lato and call it good.

What, they already significantly outclassed by several weapons in their respective categories. There is really no reason to nerf them.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/553547-poor-lato-prime-check-this-out/

DE act like this : "Lato Prime?Skana Prime?Founders?Whats that?Never heard of them."

In that kind of topic i feel as a founder like a unwanted child.Even in a lifestream they have a problem to play as or show Excalibur prime.

Why would they, the accounts that they use during devstreams are copies of their standard accounts; usually Rebecca's. As far as I know, her DE account doesn't have founder status. Also, what is the point of showing a frame noone can get in a devstream. That would just insight rage on the forums.

Also Excal Prime recently got an armor buff. Skana Prime can take the Skana syndicate mod and founders have been given several things past what they originally purchased in the pack. DE has gone above and beyond to be nice to a very small portion of their player base.

Edited by xRufus7x

If they made them Top Kek Endgame material the community would get upset because these are Founder exclusive items.

If they nerfed them to hell the founders would get upset then.

These are more like a trophy rather than endgame weapons, midgame is where these belong.

(Pls no killerino for stating my humble opinion)

Why not asking for a buff to the whole family instead? This might get a better approach than "My exclusives are almost useless, please improve them" leading to answers like this one.

With the one I disagree mostly because founder weapons being a signature or a trophy doesn't mean they should be turned useless even on the early stages of the game.

Skana Prime is mid tier when you use the syndicate mod, which is where it should be. DE should do the same thing for the Lato and call it good.

What, they already significantly outclassed by several weapons in their respective categories. There is really no reason to nerf them.

Why would they, the accounts that they use during devstreams are copies of their standard accounts; usually Rebecca's. As far as I know, her DE account doesn't have founder status. Also, what is the point of showing a frame noone can get in a devstream. That would just insight rage on the forums.

Also Excal Prime recently got an armor buff. Skana Prime can take the Skana syndicate mod and founders have been given several things past what they originally purchased in the pack. DE has gone above and beyond to be nice to a very small portion of their player base.

You dont know what im talking about.In any DEvstream there was excal P equipped and they said "Oh sorry and put it fast away" (something like that) I read this in the forums and didnt see it by myself.I dont watch all devstreams.

Edited by K0bra

Some other old Prime weapons are pretty outdated as well. Bronco/Akbronco, Reaper, Sicarus are very underpowered. Weapons like Ankyros, Fangs or even Burston are nothing too special as well. I think all Primes should be brought up to a roughly similar power level (including Founder exclusive ones), so there's more options for high level content.

Some other old Prime weapons are pretty outdated as well. Bronco/Akbronco, Reaper, Sicarus are very underpowered. Weapons like Ankyros, Fangs or even Burston are nothing too special as well. I think all Primes should be brought up to a roughly similar power level (including Founder exclusive ones), so there's more options for high level content.

Absolutely.That Ankyros and Fang arent good is a shame.Especially Fang is sad because its one of the coolest looking meeles ingame.

I agree, they need a buff, these weapons are trophies, but how do you show off your pride if you can't even use them in high tier? Exactly, they need a buff, but so do many of the other old prime weapons. I'd say they just really need to bring up all of the old prime weapons to date.

You dont know what im talking about.In any DEvstream there was excal P equipped and they said "Oh sorry and put it fast away" (something like that) I read this in the forums and didnt see it by myself.I dont watch all devstreams.

I have watched every devstream since I started playing around U 10 and have never seen that but even if it did happen my original point still stands. Absolutely no good would come from showing off Excal Prime in a devstream.

i would agree that the founders stuff should get a buff overall... but if DE wont buff it because of all the unrest then why not make unique skins for the founders?

i mean it would be cool to see founders in skins like this instead of the extremely rare weaponry and warframes i very rarely see, or even notice.

-what about a skin that can be put onto any warframe? (one male skin and one female skin) that way it would seem like there is an omni warframe that can use any power, and being a skin it would probably reduce the unrest.

-perhaps even a skin that can go over any pistol (to replace lato prime) and any sword (to replace skana prime)

and i honestly feel it should be the same for the braton, lato vandal. (given unique skins for the beta and founders stuff would be pretty nice to allow those who beta tested and founded the game to still have something to show off, and much more noticeable to the community as well)

and perhaps to make up for the loss of the stuff that people no longer have as exclusive that give affinity perhaps then they could match whatever affinity the player has with the exclusives (ex. i would get the affinity for the braton and lato vandal) and have it added on to their accounts, because in all honesty, most of the people that want the stuff are complaining that they cant get it for the mastery rank and to finish their collection...

however this is just an idea, nothing 100% (and in all honesty i'm not certain on any of it)

No offense, but you got to use those weapons right at the start. That means that for a very long time, those weapons were basically the best gear you could have, and you gained an advantage for having them, over people that did not, when the game was just starting to run.

New mechanics appear, new Mods, etc etc, and now they are lagging behind. It's what happens, but you, just like everyone else, has access to all the new gear as well.

I have a Lato Vandal. Do I take it to Sorties? I do not. Should it get changed so I can? No, neither do I expect it to happen. Why should I?

I got it as a gift back when, I used it a while and had fun with it, it did what it was meant to do, which was get some use. Even if it did get a buff, what happens in another year of slow power creep? Come back in here and ask for yet another buff? When does it end?

No offense, but you got to use those weapons right at the start. That means that for a very long time, those weapons were basically the best gear you could have, and you gained an advantage for having them, over people that did not, when the game was just starting to run.

New mechanics appear, new Mods, etc etc, and now they are lagging behind. It's what happens, but you, just like everyone else, has access to all the new gear as well.

I have a Lato Vandal. Do I take it to Sorties? I do not. Should it get changed so I can? No, neither do I expect it to happen. Why should I?

I got it as a gift back when, I used it a while and had fun with it, it did what it was meant to do, which was get some use. Even if it did get a buff, what happens in another year of slow power creep? Come back in here and ask for yet another buff? When does it end?

What the crap do you want from me?Damn you stalk me i think. :D

I said its impossible and explained why it is so.So i dont know what you want from me now and asking me this leading questions..

Your Lato vandal comparison is wrong.

Please watch carefully and you see why your comparison is wrong

29gacw.png

Edited by K0bra

What the crap do you want from me?Damn you stalk me i think. :D

I said its impossible and explained why it is so.So i dont know what you want from me now and asking me this leading questions..

Your Lato vandal comparison is wrong.

Please watch carefully and you see why your comparison is wrong

29gacw.png

I don't see how us paying for something make his statements any less legitimate. I don't necessarily agree with him but saying I should get my way because I threw money at DE is kind of a silly argument. This is why I went with the syndicate augment. It could work on the Lato Vandal, Prime and standard versions without making the weapons OP or hopefully drawing hate from the community.