Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

This fix screams of a problem who's source was not considered thoroughly enough. Here you take a game where some people love to thrash the terrain and rush through the levels, and others do not. A solution was not created for the whole problem, but merely part of it. Now everyone goes slowly, and people's combat prowess (sliding is a dodge, a user-controlled damage mitigation skill that they learn and use) is lessened to help appease a portion of the crowd. How long till in response people start loading down on stamina regen, stamina max, and sprint speed mods so they can just blaze through the levels anyway? What then, half all stamina across the board? Remove sprinting? Instead, look at how other players get their needs. Exploratory players need a way to find and play with exploratory players, combat players have defense, exploratory players have exterminate if they are intelligent. Sprinting players have objective-based missions.

This solution is brought to you by an exploratory player.

Things to be learned here:

Exterminate missions have finite enemies, so you can explore for more mods/drops/extra generated areas. Since the enemies are not infinite-respawn you can play an area stronger than you and take your time.

Exploratory players, play exploratory game-types where you're more likely to find your kind. Speed players do NOT like exterminate because you have to hand-kill everything. 

Exploratory players, play stuff you can handle so you can play solo or in small groups with friends and other solo players. Because of the dimorphic nature of play in this game, you have people who want combat challenges, explorers, speed junkies, and probably many more other game goals people may have. With this in mind, don't PLAY like everyone is out for the same jollies as you. When people speed through, remember. It's just as excusable for them to speed as it is for you to plod along slowly. They're affecting your gameplay experience as much as you are theirs when they need to wait 10 min at the extraction point and run back to revive you.

Lastly, it isn't all players' fault, although nonstop whining is what brought us here to this hotfix.

Guys behind the scenes, please think the problem through moreso. Maybe add another hotfix that saves locally some kind of weird metrics on how many slides per level, wallruns per level, time hiding in stealth, etc so you can start using a data store collected to gather a good idea of the basic playtypes people use so you don't roflstomp on your playerbase again.

Personally, I obsess over wallrunning, and I love to slide to avoid damage as well as the full-charge-powered slide-melee. The cooldown means I cannot strategically plan to use my highly-invested melee (with high charge power bonus for slide-charge) as a way to clear cover and slide INTO cover alongside strategy slides to avoid damage. I have to consider a cooldown which also hampers non-combat mobility.

This game made you feel like a badass space ninja who was a weapon's expert and one of the area's last hope of finding balance. Now I feel gimped and like I may be in WoW or something when basic controls...movements, have a cooldown.

Thanks for reading if you did.

making frames is a pain in the &#! due to the drop rates, and i picked the Rhino because I like his skill set, and the armor, since i was already being left behind anyway and needed the extra survivability.  not eeryone has 20 bucks to shell out on buying a single new warframe every couple days.

I have:

Volt, Ember, Mag, Ash, Forst, Saryn, Vauban, and Nyx. All of them farmed. My starter frame was Excalibur. I didn't put a dime into crafting them; not even Rushing them, and it took from an hour (Saryn, no joke) to less than a week (Mag) for each frame's blueprints to drop for me, including Vauban. His BPs appeared within a week of each other when he was released.

Your argument is moot.

Edited by SoulEchelon

- Slide cooldown added between movements.

No more sprint > slide > front flip > midair slide. :(

I'll admit it was a bit goofy, but now I have to do a boring slide jump off of high ledges (instead of a fancy front flip into a slide) to avoid rolling when I land. Sad times...

And, to not be entirely negative, I do appreciate all the fixes and the newly added weapons. I'm making an Orthos right now. :)

Edited by Ailith

I have:

Volt, Ember, Mag, Ash, Forst, Saryn, Vauban, and Nyx. All of them farmed. My starter frame was Excalibur. I didn't put a dime into crafting them; not even Rushing them, and it took from an hour (Saryn, no joke) to less than a week (Mag) for each frame's blueprints to drop for me, including Vauban. His BPs appeared within a week of each other when he was released.

Your argument is moot.

no, just means you're lucky.  in the two weeks it took me to farm blueprints for rhino, I got 6 helmets, 12 systems, and only one chassis at the very end.  So yeah, either you're just getting really lucky with the drop rates, or you're lying through your teeth.  eiter way, it means that most people need to take a while to get frames.

That aside, I like the rhino, and I don't want to be told that a given frame is not viable for play.  if that happens, they might as well jsut take the damned thing out alltogether.

no, just means you're lucky.  in the two weeks it took me to farm blueprints for rhino, I got 6 helmets, 12 systems, and only one chassis at the very end.  So yeah, either you're just getting really lucky with the drop rates, or you're lying through your teeth.  eiter way, it means that most people need to take a while to get frames.

That aside, I like the rhino, and I don't want to be told that a given frame is not viable for play.  if that happens, they might as well jsut take the damned thing out alltogether.

Warframe2013-06-0818-22-36-21.png

Guess my luck is stupidly overpowered if I'm the only one that's able to farm these frames without buying them-oh wait.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Warframe2013-06-0818-22-36-21.png

Guess my luck is stupidly overpowered if I'm the only one that's able to farm these frames without buying them-oh wait.

you have more then 50 platinum.  that means you bought platinum.  which means you may or may not have paid real money for those frames.  thank you, and have a nice day.

you have more then 50 platinum.  that means you bought platinum.  which means you may or may not have paid real money for those frames.  thank you, and have a nice day.

Note my badge. It's pretty obvious I bought platinum to help fund during beta. And it'd take only a moment to search my name and see the many posts where I talked about farming my frames. Sorry for being able to -slightly- give DE money for an excellent game. Also, note how many warframe slots I have. All of my money went straight to frame and weapon slots, along with a few color pallettes. None of them went towards frames. But eh; it doesn't matter. You're just going to be the typical crybaby, so it doesn't matter what anyone else says. "I'm not having any luck farming, so no one else should be having any luck farming either! Everyone else paid for their frames and weapons! Waaah!" *rolls eyes*.

btw: Disciple doesn't give enough platinum for all those slots AND frames. Also, 2 months back I believe, DE gave everyone 100 Plat due to a pretty large bug in the system that lasted over a weekend.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Ash 4th ability is useless at the moment since it really is heavily bugged... sigh like.. really its a bug within a hotfix every time. Once bladestorm is in motion he stays in that motion, cannot even sprint, jump flip, end up walking in the air as this screenshot that i took will show you: 

http://prntscr.com/18z8iw

so now you will remain in this motion for the rest of the game, cannot even use other abilities, cannot do anything. So now the game forces you to either stay in the game and wait until its finished and claim your rewards and farming materials or just leave the game and lose everything.... its happen to me 5 times now. Fix it. These bugs really are getting annoying. Honestly I think the next time you deploy a new update or hotfix DE, i think you should maybe check through the patch/update before you even release it. 

Hope you fix it.

Edited by S3DZOR

This fix screams of a problem who's source was not considered thoroughly enough. Here you take a game where some people love to thrash the terrain and rush through the levels, and others do not. A solution was not created for the whole problem, but merely part of it. Now everyone goes slowly, and people's combat prowess (sliding is a dodge, a user-controlled damage mitigation skill that they learn and use) is lessened to help appease a portion of the crowd. How long till in response people start loading down on stamina regen, stamina max, and sprint speed mods so they can just blaze through the levels anyway? What then, half all stamina across the board? Remove sprinting? Instead, look at how other players get their needs. Exploratory players need a way to find and play with exploratory players, combat players have defense, exploratory players have exterminate if they are intelligent. Sprinting players have objective-based missions.

This solution is brought to you by an exploratory player.

Things to be learned here:

Exterminate missions have finite enemies, so you can explore for more mods/drops/extra generated areas. Since the enemies are not infinite-respawn you can play an area stronger than you and take your time.

Exploratory players, play exploratory game-types where you're more likely to find your kind. Speed players do NOT like exterminate because you have to hand-kill everything.

Exploratory players, play stuff you can handle so you can play solo or in small groups with friends and other solo players. Because of the dimorphic nature of play in this game, you have people who want combat challenges, explorers, speed junkies, and probably many more other game goals people may have. With this in mind, don't PLAY like everyone is out for the same jollies as you. When people speed through, remember. It's just as excusable for them to speed as it is for you to plod along slowly. They're affecting your gameplay experience as much as you are theirs when they need to wait 10 min at the extraction point and run back to revive you.

Lastly, it isn't all players' fault, although nonstop whining is what brought us here to this hotfix.

Guys behind the scenes, please think the problem through moreso. Maybe add another hotfix that saves locally some kind of weird metrics on how many slides per level, wallruns per level, time hiding in stealth, etc so you can start using a data store collected to gather a good idea of the basic playtypes people use so you don't roflstomp on your playerbase again.

Personally, I obsess over wallrunning, and I love to slide to avoid damage as well as the full-charge-powered slide-melee. The cooldown means I cannot strategically plan to use my highly-invested melee (with high charge power bonus for slide-charge) as a way to clear cover and slide INTO cover alongside strategy slides to avoid damage. I have to consider a cooldown which also hampers non-combat mobility.

This game made you feel like a badass space ninja who was a weapon's expert and one of the area's last hope of finding balance. Now I feel gimped and like I may be in WoW or something when basic controls...movements, have a cooldown.

Thanks for reading if you did.

100% agree, well said.

HOLD ON! Major bug for BLADE STORM!

There is a likely chance when you use blade storm, you will be stuck in the ability where your camera now becomes a zoomed out camera. You can't descend or ascend. If you run off stairs you will walk in mid-air and can't continue to other areas unless someone as Loki or if lucky, an elevator brings you back down on the floor. Nobody should use Blade Storm till this issue is fixed. It makes your play session unplayable. Now you can still shoot but can't melee but it will not stop after a short while. It's permanent unless loki switches places with you or the real fix which was hard for me, DIE completely and revive.

I won't show a screenshot of mine since I have a lot of platinum (I bought the high end founders pack) but I haven't bought any warframes. It took some dedicated farming but in less than a week I'd gotten most of the warframes. Banshee was for me the hardest, it took me days of farming defense missions to get the helmet (I got at least 2-3 of the other pieces). A couple other warframes it took multiples of the other pieces before getting the third but the rhino was the first I got all I needed for it. I did notice farming bp's was easier before the dojo update. Since then it seems much more common to get two resource or two mod drops and no bp's at all. Also I've noticed a trend that the bosses drop a resource not even listed for their system or they drop 2 of the uncommon resource and none of the rare. Blue resources are about as often as I'd expect and I see those even with two orange resource and 2 mod drops so they don't seem to be impacting drop rates. Your story with the rhino sounds like many people's stories with the Banshee. At this point I only have a few warframes left to build and that's Excalibur, Frost, Ash, Nyx, Mag, Frost Prime, and Vauban. I've run low on credits with all my building so haven't started farming for most of those yet (also I started with Loki which is why I don't have Excalibur). I've also had more frustration getting rare components to build warframes with lately than getting bp's to drop.

Its not opinion. Look at previous hotfixes that broke the game. Almost all of them were Fridays.

Unless you're Ash, I don't see how the game is broken and I don't feel like reading through the past 35 pages to find out.

Would you kindly (BIOSHOCK LULS) explain please?