Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

UK here too. But still, I'm not gonna buckle and instal it. I guess I'll has to be patient. If that app can do it, so can they.

EDIT: Why can't the just upload a torrent? would solve all this S#&$

There are ways to use a VPN without downloading other software, someone linked a way on page 19

Edit:

for windows 7 follow this

http://www.pcworld.com/article/210562/how_set_up_vpn_in_windows_7.html

for windows 8 follow this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj613767.aspx

and here is a free american vpn

http://www.getusvpn.com/

the one for windows 7 worked for me =)

If for some reason something goes terribly wrong or something.. dont blame me

Use directly from your own choice. I am just providing knowledge.

Edited by Bigbadnath

YESSSS!!!! oh thanks you soo much. Sweet we finally got some new pole arms up in here! Boomerangs like dang i cant wait to go and test that baby out. Thanks alot guys really appreciate the hard work youve been putting into this. I cant wait to see what else you guys are brewing up for us. 

All in all, I like the changes.  What I don't like, however, is taking out the metagame for slide dashing.  The cooldown prevents the slide>jump>slide combo, which not only lets players move at a decently fast speed, but also is really, really fun.  Your slide cooldown has taken out some of the fun in this game.  I hope I'm not alone in saying that the game feels somehow...less without the metagaming potention for sliding into a wallrun, meleeing to adjecent wal, flipping backwards and slidding.  I will truly miss being able to do that...

Honestly, if you want to limit player's mobility, just make sliding take a bit of stamina, or make it halt/slow stamina regen.  allows players to keep slide dashing(which, again, is FUN), but will introduce a limit to it do keep people from abusing it too much.  I doubt anyone will actually pay attention to this, but it's worth trying to get this particular change reverted.

ok seriously, since you released update 8.1.0.1 I cannot even UPDATE the game.... It keeps saying update failed error update will now RETRY can you please FIX this its really annoying me, I exited steam, even restarted my laptop, disconnected from my internet and re-connected, it kept updating then saying it failed then it would stay half way on 0.0mb out of 10mb? done really? so then I verified the game files on steam and now its saying 0.2mb/1567mb ? really? it not even my INTERNET connection since I did a speed test 5 times over and gotten 80mb plus. So please can you fix this... seriously I cant even get IN GAME.

http://prntscr.com/18t97b

like really?

Heeey DE erm....how come i can't slide flip slide anymore? did ur slide cool down now make that impossible or what?

if not are u guys planning to fix this any time soon?

Edited by Reaver_X

Heeey DE erm....how come i can't slide flip slide anymore? did ur slide cool down now make that impossible or what?

if not are u guys planning to fix this any time soon?

that is exactly what it did.  and no, they think they are fixing the game like this.  Really, they just took out one of the most fun things in the game.  I suggested a way they can reasonably limit the use of slidedashing while still having it in game, but I highly doubt they'll ever look at it.  I say just keep complaining about it.  if enough people whine, they'll have to put up with listening, if only to shut us up.  Hate to resort to this, but I feel it's the only way if we want our mobility back.

Can I get any confirmation on whether or not Ember's Overheat protects Ember from Ancient Disrupter attacks? Mainly the energy/shields drain? It seems wonky at the moment, at times when I'm punched and knockbacked directly in the face of a Disrupter and my shields and energy won't take a hit, and other times they get drained to 0 (and yes I have checked they WERE Disrupters and not healers, I have physically let them hit me at times to tank for my teammates and it seems a random chance their hits will drain me).

My focus is at 25% and OH is maxed. It should also be notable that I think back when I first crafted Ember her OH worked 100% of the time against Disrupter drain, but 2 weeks before U8 I started getting drained.

Another note I also want to say is that yes - I AM currently in the effect of OH when I am knockbacked and drained, not during cast animation (which whenever I AM punched during, I ALWAYS get drained).

Thank you for any comments and tips :)

Slide cooldown completely broke the pace of the game. Bad change imo. Very bad. :(

EDIT: Having played an online game with Excaliburs and Lokis it's quite safe to say it'll be impossible to even try and catch up with any rushers now while playing Rhino/Frost. Suppose those'll be defense map only now.

Other than that a great patch. Just really hoping this gets reverted.

Edited by Pelsjager

I have several problems with the latest update, including:
Forging unresponsive, takes too long to appear.
The contacts do not appear on the lists, even who are on line.
The loggin does not respond, it takes long time to complete.
I will continue to see more trouble proving.