Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

Some little things I liked before this update was slide jumping, and following that up with an aerial melee attack with my Gram. It looked COOL.

I also liked to use the slides and stuff for a cool way to evade attacks and whatnot. This update just made me more vulnerable to getting killed by a lot.

You know, not everybody who used sliding and that stuff is a rusher.

On the topic of rushers, I want to say something I posted in another thread:

If you want to explore, go solo or get some friends that will go slow, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

If you want to rush, go solo or get some friends that will go fast, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

All you can do it change it back to how people were used to it.

Besides, a PUG is a PUG. I learned that before I quit World of Warcraft. Not every group is gonna be a good or agreeing group.

Well no matter what has happened as far as the hotfixes go this has been a great day, bought some plat though I probably should have waited, got my Mag done and got the new pole arm weapon, got all kinds of tower 1 and 2 keys and i even got barrel diffusion and finally Thunderbolt! What a great day:))

I didn't have to. The original changelog already explained that it was an exploit, and therefore it is an exploit.

The definition of an exploit can be (and historically has been) set by game developers. This is a simple concept.

It just seems as though you are avoiding taking account for your own statement to me, and aside from that you didn't offer a position. Regardless, as you may have seen DE_R responded that the feedback by others about it was taken note of, specifically that it was not a wanted or some argued needed fix. Just because it was changed and the use was unintended by the devs thus being an "exploit", doesn't mean people are prohibited from voicing their disagreement and possibly undoing the change.

Still no changes for contact lists? :( It takes *forever* to load them if you're in a large clan since it loads the clan contact list first. Can't it be changed for the main contact list to load first?

1 Mods being able to be seen through walls.

2 Alert (you have been seen), when the npc clicks the Panic button It no longer beeps.

3 Somes walls/Floor give lack of response, giving some lag on the keyboard buttons.(or some of them you can't wall run)

4 After a MOD is picked up, the Blue sparkle does not show up.

5 When player switches over camera, it should reflect the weapon wear.(if, left handed rifle and switch it becomes right handed)

I prefer to think of it as metagaming.

It was an exploit. Fixing it means it wasn't intended, therefore it was an exploit. This is a simple concept.

But still being some kind of "autoaim".

It's a PvE game, not PvP. No one should really concerned about minimal "sticky" aim assist in a PvE game.

why add ANOTHER slide cooldown? o.O
It might be minimal but it's harder to calculate the range of a slide melee now with the ever-changing slide accelerator when for example using it repeatedly on Infested hordes.

The slide cool down is really, really bad; mostly because you still slide but horribly slow.

We're ninjas, movement is supposed to be fluid and this just breaks the fluidity and makes sliding and attacking feel terrible.

Please return it to pre-patch state.

It just seems as though you are avoiding taking account for your own statement to me, and aside from that you didn't offer a position. Regardless, as you may have seen DE_R responded that the feedback by others about it was taken note of, specifically that it was not a wanted or some argued needed fix. Just because it was changed and the use was unintended by the devs thus being an "exploit", doesn't mean people are prohibited from voicing their disagreement and possibly undoing the change.

The initial statement wasn't directed at you. It was a general observation, based on fact and the supposed presentation thereof. Nevertheless, it seems you are taking a statement regarding a minor change to movement in a video game quite seriously, to the point of challenging my presentation of factual evidence and not the factual evidence itself. That makes me smile, and I will award you with a reciprocation (read the sentence before this), and a complementary upvote.

Oh, and this smiley face: =)

Well i love this new change to sliding.

Really.

I mean DE sure wants to remove every bit of fun this game has in it for the sake of "vision" well F***, just let them.

Who cares if this will only hinder movement and make the game even slower and more tedious than it already is.

Not like all we do is farm stuff right? right? .....

Well one more nail in the coffin as they say, i am already contemplating on leaving at this point , all new content is Farm locked , Devs increasingly limit the players fun and progress , this just moves closer and closer to Perfect World Entertainment status of game design. 

Disappoint DE,  that's what you make me , Disappoint.

It was an exploit. Fixing it means it wasn't intended, therefore it was an exploit. This is a simple concept.

Not really following the whole argument, but you're essentially playing technicalities there, in fact, nerfing it doesn't mean that it's an exploit, it just means that they probably thought it too strong, as it basically devalues mods like Marathon, otherwise by that statement alone you're likening anything nerfed in any game ever to an exploit, in which case, you just went full retard. Sliding for movement has been around so long and has been ignored by the devs for quite a while, that it's essentially become an integral part of the game, not to mention that momentum was added to nerf it somewhat, and we haven't really heard anything about it since, regardless of that many games have bugs/exploits that wind up being a meta (wave dashing in SSBM, for example) or just add a bit more depth to the game. Another issue seems to be for some people is that it came out of nowhere.

But, by the way, are you aware that with this cooldown you can't flip out of a slide, and then do an air slide anymore, meaning you can't kick an enemy from a slide position, or use it to cross a gap. It breaks how fluid this game normally feels, and is pretty unwelcome by many people. How many people do you think would be unhappy if charge attacks were hugely nerfed, even though they really devalue regular attacking in almost all situations?