Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

wow, seeing enemies lag in (walk/run slowly in and also die slowly) seems to happen at random (some missions is does it and some it doesn't). and no, before the update they weren't lagging, so i know it's not my comp, especially since i just upgraded some of the hardware a couple of weeks ago. also overheat never worked for me when it came to stopping knockback/not getting drained (except for the time when it was invincible, then i wouldn't get drained, although i still got knocked back). kinda sad to see they took out the slide/flip, kinda stinks they did that. i'm loving the change to the def mission loot tables tho, thanks for that. now it is worth going up to wave 35+ with my clan mates.

For those of you in the UK you can now just close the launcher and run it again... it appears to have been fixed

Edit: Massive thank you to DE for getting the fix out this quickly, and for probably working after hours to do so. I don't know who exactly from DE implemented the fix but if you're ever in Cambridge in the UK I'll buy you a beer :P

Edited by keahicheveyo

The slide cooldown has made playing rhino completely unplayable for me in anything but defense missions. Impossible to keep up with anything unless your whole team is rhino/frost/saryn. Being left behind is not fun.

game is now unplayable for me.  it is failing to join any sessions.  I suppose I could play it offline, but I kind of like being able to play with other players.  I hope this gets fixed.

The slide cooldown has made playing rhino completely unplayable for me in anything but defense missions. Impossible to keep up with anything unless your whole team is rhino/frost/saryn. Being left behind is not fun.

get use to it or play a squishy.  I doubt DE is ever going to revert this change.  best thing you can do is jsut load up a rush mod.  sucks that they made some frames unplayable without specific mods, but hey, it's their customer base.  they're the ones that have to deal with the constant complaint tickets and the overall loss of money.

I havn't played, but I find it hard to understand how making characters slower, or less maneuverable is in the better interest of the game. DE, do you think that this game is somehow not about slick mechanics and slick gunplay? I dunno about most people but the only reason I even come back to this game is the fun you can have from wall-running, jumping, and shooting with all the different guns...which leads me to believe that taking away from the tennos ability to move well is a poor decision.

Edited by Thrymd00d

I havn't played, but I find it hard to understand how making characters slower, or less maneuverable is in the better interest of the game. DE, do you think that this game is somehow not about slick mechanics and slick gunplay? I dunno about most people but the only reason I even come back to this game is the fun you can have from wall-running, jumping, and shooting with all the different guns...which leads me to believe that taking away from the tennos ability to move well is a poor decision.

Right, the slide dashing gave tenno a fun feel.  it made them feel like they are space ninjas.  now they're jsut lightly armored space marines.  As if we needed more of those...

Just tested the slide cooldown.  You can still slide/kick at will, but there's a cooldown on the speed boost you normally get.  If you try to slide/kick while it's cooling down, it'll slow you down rather than give you a boost.  If you try to kick->slide->jump->kick chain, about every other kick will give you a boost.

Pretty needless change imo.  It inhibits legitimate maneuvers like sliding at a railing or gap and jump-kicking over it, and makes sliding/kicking needlessly inconsistent because you have this secondary artificial limiter going on in the background on top of your actual stamina.  I don't even see why the old jump->kick->slide chain was a problem to in the first place. :/

I do appreciate that the sprint key works more consistently now, though.  Now we just need to get the jump key to stop being randomly ignored. :>

- Toggle Sprint now an option in UI Settings

- Toggle Sprint now an option in UI Settings

tumblr_m43fenS4rJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

"- Slide cooldown added between movements."

Wh-what...? Why? D:

Edited by Andaeros

Slide cooldown is a pretty bad idea. Gotta go fast.

If this is so people use sprint mods no one is going to waste mod slots to sprint faster.

Just remove the sprint mods entirely and remove the slide cooldown.

COnsidering the jump kick is an attack, and the slide is a move, it makes entirely logical sense to string them together. How this is an exploit, I'm a bit confused on.

It's an exploit because they said it was. By fixing it.

Your guys' infinirun fix didn't work. If anything, it made it worse. Used to, when you got off 2 melee swings during a slide, you'd go into infinisprint until you slid or jumped or something. Now it seems that there's no way to fix the infinisprint other than rolling...a lot...