Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

Personally, I have nothing against the slide cooldown nerf/exploit fix thingy. I don't have much to say in its favour either. Still, the negative feedback on this point is overwhelming, so I thought I'd add my own view on it.

I play solo so I never have any problem with rushers, and despite using some sprint maneuvers to move a little more quickly around levels (such as quick slide-jump), I have noticed nothing has changed in my style of play, for the better or for the worse.

I see people complaining about not being able to keep up with rushers because of this fix; saying this makes the fix bad is missing the point so much it's frightening. The problem is with rushers, not with the fix. I would suggest playing with decent players you know, or in a good clan, until they fix the actual rushing.

Also, the fact that a tank is slow is exactly for the sake of balance; if they're physically stronger, they should be weaker in some other sense. Finding a way to keep up with a rusher riding a fast warframe, while understandable, is a clear abuse because it's not what the developers intended for that frame.

*insert mandatory pinch-of-salt here*

I'm no longer seeing the blue sparking where a mod has been. I refer to the effect that remains in place until every member of the cell has picked up a mod. The effect is visible on the mod itself, though after pick up, the effect isn't there anymore. I can however place a waypoint where I saw the mod, which is labeled "Module" so I know it's still there, and other people I was with verified that there was a module there. They had the same issue. Anyone else getting this happening?

yep mods no longer glow

COOLDOWN ON SLIDE??? this was one of the best things about movment in this game for heavy frames, and you take it away... please change it to the way it was thanks

no longer a ninja... we have been downgraded too ninja turtle -_-

They should address issues like matchmaking, which would benefit players who like fast-paced gameplay and gamers who take time exploring the whole map instead of limiting movement. Not to mention that removing advanced parkour moves changes the game drastically. It's like we're slowly becoming slow space ninjas.

Holy crap...the sprint/slide cooldown has got to go....I HATE playing my frost now.

Honestly:  This is game breaking for me.  I've lost so much mobility.  I'm so limited with one of my favorite moves now too, "the slide melee". 

Edited by Krusial

Really? So instead of fixing real problems like the incredibly bad network optimisation (Need more than 2mbps upload to host. Btw you do realise that Cable/Fibre is not widely available. And most of the people playing are probably on ADSL 8 or 16mbps down/1mbps up) you just nerf people's potential with the controls.

If this were a pure PVP game then I could see how movement can become exploitable but It's not.

I'm sorry that I like to breeze through a mission quickly. It's not like I'm being ignorant and ignoring the people who want to explore or that I'm not taking in the content and ignoring all of the amazing work thats been done, sometimes I'm just in a rush. most of the time I get near the exit, AFK and browse the internet on another monitor while I wait for the "explorers" to come to the extraction.

It's not cool that you're treating a part of the player base as the problem.

Players hate change, so players will hate the slide cooldown. They may get over it, but to be honest, it kind of ruined the experience.

First of all, I feel much more slow. This has made me lose a lot of mobility, and now I am FORCED to go farm some stamina mods and remove mods that were useful.

Second, I have lost so much mobility, I can no longer creatively run around, doing flips, wall running, flying across maps, ACTUALLY BEING A SPACE NINJA. I now I am just a turtle who sprints, then rests, then sprints, then rests. Now I only wall run if required or have an obvious shortcut.

Third, THIS IS NOT A PVP GAME.

This is what I heard on a stream, and I totally agree. Some player complains "it's not balanced", but are you really getting affected? If you are gonna complain of imbalance, complain about Rhino in Dojo duels.

Fourth, this game is HEAVILY based on farming items, blueprints, and whatnot. If the cooldown was made to prevent boss rushing, then that really isn't a good idea. The speed this gave us was enough to let is rush bosses and farm missions, but now we are way too slow, and it is definitely tedious.

--

I greatly disagree with this. If this was really made to make it more realistic, give us like 40% more base speed, more stamina, and more stamina regen if this is gonna stay. Not kidding.

Seriously, I feel much less mobile. This didn't make the game harder, it just made it three times more tedious.

(if I was a person that got much more frustrated at stuff like this, I would be on the verge of quitting. But I am patient and not gonna quit. Please, remove this cooldown. I don't feel like a space ninja anymore)

Edited by Andral

- Fix for Ammo pack beacon remaining in game after ammo is picked up.

Please consider returning this to previous state.

I honestly thought it was a feature to tell players that their team had not picked up <item> so that you could point it out to them.

Need sniper ammo? Friend points out a 'purple flag' on his screen and poof ammo for you!

See a set of sparkles? Teammate has obviously missed a mod, waypoint it for him!

It actually encouraged players to help each other get the most out of a game.

Thank-you.

nice update BUT

PLEASE focus on the clansize thing next

small clans most likely all cancelled all of their buildings and wont start anything until that update comes out, which is really demotivating

Just going to throw this out there. The devs have mentioned possible fixes, workarounds or buffs to help smaller clans, nothings up yet though. My clan of 21 and still growing just finished our first two rooms; a cross connector and reactor. Following what seemed like common sense. The reactor is also a great place to practice wall runs! :P

Recently we've come across some ideas for Dojo layouts on the wiki which most likely originated here on the forums. There was a diagram which I don't have a link to and it's too late in the day for me to learn BB code to put the image up. But I just found this information which is far more useful.

Quick Start to research

Source:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Research

To setup the ability to research all projects you need the following:

Two Cross Shaped Hallways

One Reactor

One Oracle

One Bio Lab

One Chem Lab

One Energy Lab

You need to construct them in the following order:

Cross Shaped Hallway x2

Reactor

Then finally the Oracle Room, Chem Lab, Bio Lab, or Energy Lab in any order (if in a large clan, begin with Energy as it has more items if you wish for them to be done sooner).

The total cost of these items together is:

550,000 Credits

455,000 Salvage

175,000 Circuits

140,000 Polymer Bundle

240,000 Nano Spores

70,000 Ferrite

15,000 Alloy Plate

75 Forma

Still going to take a lot of time for any clan smaller than 100 in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

-ojd- Warlord: "Chi to Meiyo"

Thank you for the toggle sprint option.

Love, Left Hand Pinky

Great update, have to say that I really love this game I hope it flourishes. I'm probably going to throw another $50 at you soon so... catch!

Forgive my for my rambling few posts ago. Here is the last thing I have to say.

There are two sides I have seen.

Neutral: Those who don't care and go on with their day OR tell those who complain that they should shut up because it isn't their game.

Against: People who oppose the new update. They have reasons to dislike it.

Now, why have I talked about these two sides? Well here is one thing.

I have not seen ANYBODY who supports. Nobody I have seen has said they like this change and want to be as slow as we complain.

So we have people against it, and people who don't care, but we don't have people who support it.

--

I would say it would be more beneficial to change it back.

Holy crap...the sprint/slide cooldown has got to go....I HATE playing my frost now.

Honestly:  This is game breaking for me.  I've lost so much mobility.  I'm so limited with one of my favorite moves now too, "the slide melee". 

what???

frost is my favorite warframe. rushing like crazy retard was never his strength. 

if you want to rush take ash, loki etc...

WTF? You should add a new melee weapon--- "DUAL CRUTCHES" ---in honor of how slow you move after the slide cooldown. Not only shouldn't there be a slide cooldown, you should eliminate stamina altogether. Why would you want to limit quick running? Half of this game is running from firefight to firefight or from final objective to extraction area. It was slow enough before, now it is crawling...

Players hate change, so players will hate the slide cooldown. They may get over it, but to be honest, it kind of ruined the experience.

First of all, I feel much more slow. This has made me lose a lot of mobility, and now I am FORCED to go farm some stamina mods and remove mods that were useful.

Second, I have lost so much mobility, I can no longer creatively run around, doing flips, wall running, flying across maps, ACTUALLY BEING A SPACE NINJA. I now I am just a turtle who sprints, then rests, then sprints, then rests. Now I only wall run if required or have an obvious shortcut.

Seriously, I feel much less mobile. This didn't make the game harder, it just made it three times more tedious.

The first two points above leave me feeling conflicted about this hotfix. With point number one, the fact that you have to now choose whether to use a stamina mod or another mod adds to variety. You are not forced to use one of those mods, but you can depending on your style of play. 

The second point is what hits harder to me. Tenno are meant to be space ninjas, not slow tanks. This is taking a step backwards from that.

And the third point just sums it all up. Tedious.

what???

frost is my favorite warframe. rushing like crazy retard was never his strength. 

if you want to rush take ash, loki etc...

He's my favorite frame too, and I never said anything about "rushing".  I lost nearly all my mobility.  Frost and Rhino are TANKS...you're suppose to be in the front of the fight.  I especially liked the mobility when it came to melee fighting.  When I can run through a level and slide melee everything to death along the way...it makes farming very efficient and heaven forbid...ENJOYABLE.