Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

Anyone else having the problem on new Corpus tile sets (e.g. Mars-War) where one set of halls has flooring on the sides of the hall but nothing in the middle so you fall out of the map? Because I've tried a half dozen times to rush that mission and those floors are always bugged.

Yeah because Holding down shift + W the whole 10 minutes you play is so much more fun than doing all of that fancy acrobatics this game makes such a huge emphasis on right?

this is pure BS in terms of gameplay, instead of giving options they remove them -_-.

also if people running past you is such a big deal play with friends or find  people who play the way you do.

because that's just gameplay style and it works both ways.

i hate slow people who cant do anything , you don't stick with the team either , you just go open all the containers by yourselves die and cry about it on forums because no one cared to revive you  when they were  done with the level already.

ALL opinions of gameplay style, either learn to adapt to pugs or don't play pugs.

simple as that.

this nerf was stupid and IS stupid .

if it was done to slow down rushers then it will do exactly NOTHING.

all this does is hinder everyone else and limit movement.

Oh no, someone is playing game differently that I do! What do I do? I know! Let's complain about it on the forums! Let's limit all others that don't agree with me! Communism, F*** yeah!

Butthurt rushers ITT.

The change affects everyone. There is no actual excuse to be mad at this change except that if you were the A****** that just slide dashed through the whole level ignoring everything except the boss/objective and extraction, leaving anyone else behind.  The devs have openly stated in livestream and probably here on the forums that they look down on that gameplay style and want to weed it out. If you don't like it, go play super mario Bros. or Sonic the hedgehog, they're PvE games and you can speedrun all you want in them.  Otherwise, shut up and play instead of whining like a child because of a small change that doesn't affect normal gameplay.

I can use all of the same flipping and sliding tactics I could before, all they did was add about a 3 second cooldown to sliding momentum. So don't try to use "Oh i can't flip or do ninja stuff now!" as an attempt at an excuse...

Butthurt rushers ITT.

The change affects everyone. There is no actual excuse to be mad at this change except that if you were the A****** that just slide dashed through the whole level ignoring everything except the boss/objective and extraction, leaving anyone else behind.  The devs have openly stated in livestream and probably here on the forums that they look down on that gameplay style and want to weed it out. If you don't like it, go play super mario Bros. or Sonic the hedgehog, they're PvE games and you can speedrun all you want in them.  Otherwise, shut up and play instead of whining like a child because of a small change that doesn't affect normal gameplay.

I can use all of the same flipping and sliding tactics I could before, all they did was add about a 3 second cooldown to sliding momentum. So don't try to use "Oh i can't flip or do ninja stuff now!" as an attempt at an excuse...

So those of us who used it to fight are rushers too then? and we should suffer because you don't like it?  you sound very mad and normal for one isn't normal for all really who gets to say what is normal. Also who are you to tell others how to play a game they like or what they can speed run in anyway?  Just because you don't like how another group plays doesn't mean you should treat them like they are scum really you need to get off the high horse.

Butthurt rushers ITT.

your "butthurt" is so strong here. 

"normal " gameplay? whose? yours? not mine.

my normal playstyle is to keep my momentum up as much as i can while doing what i do best, killing S#&$ and finishing the mission.

you only know how to insult and generalize , kid.

grow the F*** up and smell the free air .

this nerf will do jack to stop rushers all this does is limit every one else.

every one has a gigantic reason to me mad.

they limit the movement of every one to try and prevent 1 specific playstyle which wont be affected by this in the slightest.

you can do the same flip stuff? of curse you can.

you obviously didn't know how to properly use the movement system to be in a constant state of momentum and flow.

you are one of the people who only use the mechanics at specific point that require it , you don't experiment and don't push your games limits.

then when people who are experience and know how to  traverse the map do all those things and you could not ,you call them "rushers". 

rushing is to go to the objective and finish quickly , moving fast is not the same.

learn the game and see how  keeping momentum was a skill.

The initial statement wasn't directed at you. It was a general observation, based on fact and the supposed presentation thereof. Nevertheless, it seems you are taking a statement regarding a minor change to movement in a video game quite seriously, to the point of challenging my presentation of factual evidence and not the factual evidence itself. That makes me smile, and I will award you with a reciprocation (read the sentence before this), and a complementary upvote.

Oh, and this smiley face: =)

606-fry-meme.png

Very well then.

I am very disappointed with this patch. I was expecting small clans' concerns to have been addressed already. It was literally all I wanted out of this patch.

This issue is way bigger than that. The best course of action has to be decided (and it's not as simple as you might think) and then of course implemented and working. If you'd read the dev's response to all the feedback on clan size/cost issues, you would not have such unrealistic expectations, only setting up yourself for disappointment.

Butthurt rushers ITT.

Why is it automatically assumed that just because someone dislikes a change you enjoy, they're inherently wrong for that? Played tons of pubs and clan games, and in the very rare occasion that someone was using slide mechanics for a major speed boost they typically used it for scouting, combat, or their own personal style of gameplay.

I will repeat my earlier post, limiting player control is frustrating. Any time I'm playing a game (any game) where I adjust to the movement over a period of weeks or months and then find it severely lessened in some way I tend to lose interest. On average now I have to perform less actions per minute and also move slower. I can't find the silver lining to this "fix" as honestly it didn't seem to be a problem in the first place.

I've been playing a bunch since the new patch, and I have to say I like the changes done to slide. You can still slide a lot, but you actually need to run for a bit now instead of just constantly slide jumping forever. Good change.

I've been playing a bunch since the new patch, and I have to say I like the changes done to slide. You can still slide a lot, but you actually need to run for a bit now instead of just constantly slide jumping forever. Good change.

I wish i was but the damn patch has a bug,or its corrupted, cause I cant even get past the updater!!!!

me and my brother shadedrevenge tryed to do the tower and we got the artifact but your way point is #*($%%@ up it was telling us to jump off the side of the map into nothing please fix his so we can enjoy the game

Why is it automatically assumed that just because someone dislikes a change you enjoy, they're inherently wrong for that? Played tons of pubs and clan games, and in the very rare occasion that someone was using slide mechanics for a major speed boost they typically used it for scouting, combat, or their own personal style of gameplay.

I will repeat my earlier post, limiting player control is frustrating. Any time I'm playing a game (any game) where I adjust to the movement over a period of weeks or months and then find it severely lessened in some way I tend to lose interest. On average now I have to perform less actions per minute and also move slower. I can't find the silver lining to this "fix" as honestly it didn't seem to be a problem in the first place.

*hug*

To all the people crying out the Slide Dashing was an exploit, you're wrong.  Exploits are more commonly considered things that give one player an unfairadvantage over another and/or over the overall content of a game. Slide dashing is easy enough to do though, and is far from unfair.  You see, slide dashing limits you to a straight line.  After the first slide and jump, you can aim the camera and your Frame will try to slide in that general direction, though it never lets you turn very far, and after that, you can only go straight.  The Tradeoff for the faster movement speed was a decrease in manuverability, I think that's fair.

Just remember this, when the player base uses the controls and mechanics given to them in a new and unieque way that the developers hadn't thought of, it's not an exploit; it's metagaming.

I realize it is probably a performance tweak, but I really dislike how you no longer see the mods after you have picked them up. Because before you could still target them with a waypoint and you would also see if everyone had picked it up. Also, if the waypoint disappears(timer is way too short) and someone asks where the mod was (which is not unusual) I will not be able to locate it again. At least have it as an option in the settings for fine tuning.