Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

Unless you're Ash, I don't see how the game is broken and I don't feel like reading through the past 35 pages to find out.

Would you kindly (BIOSHOCK LULS) explain please?

Let's start with the most recent ones.

Every build released after u8 on Friday left some players unable to play the game at all, either through login, or CTD. Usually somewhat rectified before DE takes off for the weekend, but not always.

8.1.0: We're no longer ninjas.

8,0.7: Jackal used Dig.

8.0.4: Void had the best placeholders ever.

7.11: Rhino IS nerf. Saddest day for Rhino users.

7.11: Change of store to be more nub unfriendly.

7.11.0 all the way till 8.0.7: Vauban's Tesla and Vortex can crash clients and hosts.

7.10: Dx11 crashes all day erryday.

I could go on, but that would be tedious.

Its not opinion. Look at previous hotfixes that broke the game. Almost all of them were Fridays.

They can only stay so long on Friday.

I appreciate it more than anything, they release a big patch with new content Friday morning, and fix what they can/what is found during Friday and take off for the weekend.

They work hard all week to release new content Friday, how many games honestly pump out new content once a week? Or that being said, as much as DE does for Warframe in the amount of time they have?

Sorry that they break the game occasionally by adding new things we may enjoy obviously they shouldn't take any days off and work 24/7. Because they're such a big company and can afford the people/have the personnel to do that.

Be grateful, and have a little patience, they'll get to it, they have a lot on their plate.

They can only stay so long on Friday.

I appreciate it more than anything, they release a big patch with new content Friday morning, and fix what they can/what is found during Friday and take off for the weekend.

They work hard all week to release new content Friday, how many games honestly pump out new content once a week? Or that being said, as much as DE does for Warframe in the amount of time they have?

Sorry that they break the game occasionally by adding new things we may enjoy obviously they shouldn't take any days off and work 24/7. Because they're such a big company and can afford the people/have the personnel to do that.

Be grateful, and have a little patience, they'll get to it, they have a lot on their plate.

They've acknowledged that Friday was a terrible day to do an update, since bugs. Yet they still do it.

They've acknowledged that Friday was a terrible day to do an update, since bugs. Yet they still do it.

I think the day is fine.

They can walk in Monday and have a list of bugs that need to be fixed and can be prioritized, instead of saying, release a content update on Monday and having to wait for people to report what is broken. A lot more waiting for the second option, when would you propose they release content updates? How would you do things different? Instead of just complaining, maybe you should propose some way to improve the process, DE is pretty good at listening to the community so far.

It's a free to play game with a small company, give them some credit, they're doing a good job so far.

I think the day is fine.

They can walk in Monday and have a list of bugs that need to be fixed and can be prioritized, instead of saying, release a content update on Monday and having to wait for people to report what is broken. A lot more waiting for the second option, when would you propose they release content updates? How would you do things different? Instead of just complaining, maybe you should propose some way to improve the process, DE is pretty good at listening to the community so far.

It's a free to play game with a small company, give them some credit, they're doing a good job so far.

You can play defensive like that but the game has to turn a profit. Free to play doesn't mean free gift for all or something gracious like that, it's a business plan and a profitable one. That means for us that it has to survive on people paying for perks, microstransactions. Stuff like this will discourage most.

If you know the market you know in microtransactions, 20% of us pay for 80% of us to play. You have to ask how many are on the fence about spending money, let alone to spend money again. This produces a problem. For people playing everyday, friday breaks are just one day less a week you can play. For those who work long hours and have kids, friday breaks mean weekends of playing and paying for other things. 

Anyway, to the point of the matter, I must say this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60679-hotfix-810/page-35#entry643842

That post sums it up almost perfectly for me. If you agree, upvote it please so the devs see it.

Edited by TheParoxysm

You can, but it's really difficult to do.

You're able to do it pretty easily if you have Toggle Crouch and Toggle Sprint.

On a separate note, the 'Message of the Day' messages stay up for the entire day, right?

Edited by inorite3

You can play defensive like that but the game has to turn a profit. Free to play doesn't mean free gift for all or something gracious like that, it's a business plan and a profitable one. That means for us that it has to survive on people paying for perks, microstransactions. Stuff like this will discourage most.

If you know the market you know in microtransactions, 20% of us pay for 80% of us to play. You have to ask how many are on the fence about spending money, let alone to spend money again. This produces a problem. For people playing everyday, friday breaks are just one day less a week you can play. For those who work long hours and have kids, friday breaks mean weekends of playing and paying for other things. 

Anyway, to the point of the matter, I must say this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60679-hotfix-810/page-35#entry643842

That post sums it up almost perfectly for me. If you agree, upvote it please so the devs see it.

Firstly, the post you've linked has nothing to do with the conversation really at hand, only with the problems with the new cool down for sliding and plenty of good examples of player types. I agree with that post all together but it has nothing to do with the topic we were on so please don't say "to the point of the matter" and lead somewhere else.

Second, I understand the company survives off of the few that actually do pay, but what do people more so pay for? Back end fixes that they can't see or many new features, warframes, abilities and items that they can mess with? Fixes aside, the normal consumer cares for the amount of content the game has, fixes will come but having lots of content encourages people to pay more not the stability of the game.

This is why most updates are focused on content over all, so there is always more to do and people will see this and spend more money onto the game. That being said it's not inexcusable that DE has ignored some bigger issues, but some of them require time to balance them out. This will come and go and things will change, that's the nature of the situation.

Let's see what DE does for the game, I know they'll focus on pumping out lots of content but keep the game at a playable state. They may break things along the way, but what company hasn't?

Unless you're Ash, I don't see how the game is broken and I don't feel like reading through the past 35 pages to find out.

Would you kindly (BIOSHOCK LULS) explain please?

The game is actually broken. 

-Banshee's Sonar says Power in use, when you use it one time in a VOID mission. so you basically can't use it again for the whole mission. Especially on the tier 3 missions when the sonar is a MUST.

-You can just randomly fall through the level in any VOID mission, so your either falling and falling for the whole mission, or you DIE and have to either use a revive or back out the mission which is a PAIN since you gotta restart the whole level again.... especially when you have made it so far through tier 3 exterminate.... when there's like 200+ enemies to kill. Here is a screenshot I took:

http://prntscr.com/190z4u

-Those doors on the void missions that open up(the round white ones) if your not careful it will like move you with the door into the sides so then you get stuck. 

-When you attempt to send someone a message nothing happens @ all. The chat system is broken. Works for some but does not work for a-lot of people either. 

-Their updates are corrupted i'm pretty sure this shows that the game is broken, whats a game if you cannot play it? broken, as you can see here in this screenshot that i posted yesterday in my other post:

http://prntscr.com/18t

-And again Ash's 4th ability, keeps you in that motion stuck in the air your walking on the air, you can't run, sprint, jump, flip. You cannot even use your other abilities. So yeah. Screenshot:

http://prntscr.com/18z8iw

-People not being able to LOG in? after hot-fix updates? I'm pretty sure that's breaking the game also. 

-Game crashing after Log in, yeah that's not broken @ all apparently. 

And these are the only ones that i know of. I am pretty sure that there are plenty more. 

So yeah I do think that the hot-fix updates they release just break the game more. Simple as.

Edit: I am not saying that every patch they release they do not fix anything, They do, but to me it just feels as if they put more bugs into the game than fixes.

Edited by S3DZOR

- Slide cooldown added between movements.

This just ruined a lot of fun I had with the game. I just loved how you could slide all over the place doing ridiculous sliding manoeuvres like infinitely jumping out of slides (this looked freaking hilarious and was so much fun to do. And was NOT in anyway OP or whatever). By limiting how often we can slide it also limits a vast number of cool jumps and parkour things we could do. I feel that this game is based on manoeuvrability and finding cool combinations you can do with the available movements you are able to make. By limiting this you destroy a vast amount of cool techniques and possible paths you could have taken in a level due to these mechanics.

I am guessing this has something to do with preventing rushing or "exploiting" the movement system a.k.a doing stuff the developers did not intend in the first place. Several people have stated before me that doing stuff that developers did not think you could do is something that should be embraced with open arms and not met with a slam in the face with a giant nerfhammer. Instead of giving every single person who plays your game a crutch and saying "Now you play nice from now on. And no rushing", you should encourage people to find these exploits and then just try to prevent the actual exploits instead of going after the entire thing.

Now I personally enjoy rushing (when I play alone) and do not see anything wrong with going as fast as you can through a level. It is just so fun to find these cool routes you can take in certain rooms to gain those extra seconds. Why would you try to discourage people from acting out their space ninja fantasies by limiting our ninja-abilities to going in a straight line at the speed of a llama?

Also while I am on the topic of rushing, screw elevators big time! They just slow down the gameplay and are extremely boring, but maybe that is just what I think (a person who really likes to pretend he is good at speedrunning). I would suggest a spiral staircase or something similar that you could traverse using your crazy ninja-skills, instead of having a freaking elevator you have to wait for to go down to you and then get in to have to sit in a corner being bored for about 10-15 seconds. I know that patience is a really good thing to learn, but in a game where you are a space-ninja would you prefer to be sitting in an elevator or running across walls at ludicrously ridiculous gravity-defying speeds.

Now I only hope that someone actually reads what I have written and actually reflects over what I am saying instead of just saying that I am a moron for even trying to question the decisions made by the developers. But I can only hope.

-Curious

i can agree with a lot of things that have been said here, about the movement system.

the thing that made me try out this game was the wallrunning ability, which offered a 3 dimensional game experience. being free to move pretty much however you want seemed to be awesome.

sadly, after a bit of training and playing, you realize it's in fact extremely limited.

less than half of the vertical surfaces can be used for wallrunning. lots of the passages are narrow, with a low ceiling, and lots of things protruding from walls/ceiling, limiting even more your ability to wallrun, walljump or climb. most of the crates suffer from a terrible placement/orientation, which will make you climb them instead of walljumping off of them, or throw you out of path and into a wall, breaking any momentum you had.

in the end, that system which held great promises is utterly broken and unsatisfactory.

so when you realize that, you dig a bit deeper in the game. you turn your attention to the alternative movements. wave-dashing, slide-flipping, knifeskating, etc. awesome, finally a part of the movement system that works. something to make you feel like a ninja.

oh wait. nerf. nerf. neeerf.

hey.

i'm playing this game precisely for its movement systems. that's basically the only thing that differentiates it from the other games out there. you know, that crapton of other action fps/tps games, that are already finished, pretty much bug-free, with lots of content.

those games where you can run. and if that's too fast for you you can walk. or crouch to go even slower, or even crawl, if you want to set your pace to that of an ant.

im playing warframe, despite its bugs, despite its current lack of content, despite its current lack of lore/story, because it makes me feel like a ninja.

but sure, go on, continue to nerf the movement systems into the ground. only, once we're reduced to a 2D movement slow-paced game, don't expect me to stick with it. cause i'll be gone long before, to play one of those other games that offer the same experience, without the downsides warframe currently has.

Edited by blaes

Slide cooldown added between movements, so douse that mean we cant do that continuous slide-flip-slide combo ant more?

yes you can, but you have to press and hold shift as you press crouch, jump, crouch.

It's kinda hard to do and I prefer the old method because it used to be easier to use abilities while in air.

I must be the only person here who is thankful for this update "facepalm" and a thought this community was better then the halo 4 community...guess I was wrong.

We are kind of thankful for the update. It's just one thing most of us did not like - the cooldown.

Some bugs seem to have come around, but those are definitely gonna be fixed.

Though, it seems that most of us enjoyed everything else.

We are kind of thankful for the update. It's just one thing most of us did not like - the cooldown.

Some bugs seem to have come around, but those are definitely gonna be fixed.

Though, it seems that most of us enjoyed everything else.

yea well everyone just posting the things there angry about certainly won't help. To those of you doing this...there's this thing called constructive criticism, learn it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism

Edited by thedrag0n22