Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damaged By Environmental Hazards While In The Rift

Ditto132

Based on

Update 18.1.0:

• Fixed environmental lasers hitting players that are inside of Limbo’s Rift.

Update 18.4.1:

• Fixed environmental fire affecting Limbo while he (or Banished allies) are in the  Rift.

Update 18.4.7:

• Fixed electrified water during the second phase of the Lephantis fight damaging Limbo while in The Rift.

I presumed that players that are in the rift should not be damaged by environmental hazards.

Recently I discovered that Limbo can still be damaged by electrified water in Orokin Derelict tilesets.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is considered environmental at this point or not, but I confirmed last night that fire damage from Napalms and Hyekka Masters can still damage you in the Rift even if that enemy is not in the rift. A teammate of mine went down and was bleeding out on a fire effect from a Napalm. I ran in for the revive while rift walking and proceeded catch fire and take fire damage. Would love for this to be fixed and for the rift mechanic to not have any discrepancies like that.

• 3 weeks later...

As of 15 days after the last post, I confirmed...

• Limbo can still be damaged by Napalms and Hyekka Masters while he's in the Rift (this happens when said mobs are not banished or in Cataclysm).
  • Limbo still takes damage from electrified water in the Orokin Derelict tilesets (and other places where electrified water is present).  
  • Limbo can also take damage from Venomous Eximus units, even if he's the only one in the Rift.
  • (23.April.2016) While in the Rift, Limbo takes damage from environmental fire during sabotage missions (this happened to me on Tessera, Venus during a Corpus sabotage).
Edited by POIKILO
Adding one more bug to the list of bugs.

• 1 month later...

As of May 26, 2016 and with Update 18.13 being released on Friday, I'm going to recap the bugs I've found (along with the ones previously discovered by others).

For all of the listed bugs, assume Limbo is the Rift:

• Limbo can still be set on fire by Napalms and Hyekka Masters - this goes for all tilesets.
  • Limbo still takes damage from electrified water in Orokin Derelicts, Ceres, and Uranus tilesets.
  • Limbo takes damage from tar in Ceres tilesets. (I'll do more testing)
  • Limbo still takes damage from Venomous Eximus unit auras - this still occurs if VE are not in the Rift with Limbo.
  • Limbo still takes damage during the extraction sequence of Grineer and Corpus ship Sabotage missions  - he will take heat damage whether or not he is in the Rift. Not sure if this was an intended effect, but one would assume from Riftwalking's description that being in the Rift would make Limbo immune to this kind of damage too.
  • Limbo can still be struck by lightning on Uranus, and subsequently take damage from it.

Edited by POIKILO

On 29/05/2016 at 5:59 AM, POIKILO said:

Update 18.13.1

• Fixed issue of Hyekka Masters being able to damage Limbo while he is in the Rift.

I will be testing the other bugs later.

Just tested after Update 18.13.2.

Hyekka Master and Napalm are still able to deal damage through the Rift. :(

On 6/2/2016 at 9:52 AM, Ditto132 said:

Just tested after Update 18.13.2.

Hyekka Master and Napalm are still able to deal damage through the Rift. :(

Aw, nuts! Looks like it was an accidental fix in the beginning. :(

Update 18.13.2

• Limbo can still be set on fire by Napalms and Hyekka Masters - this goes for all tilesets.
  • Limbo still takes damage from electrified water in Orokin Derelicts, Ceres, and Uranus tilesets.
  • Limbo takes damage from tar in Ceres tilesets (tested to be true)
  • Limbo still takes damage during the extraction sequence of Grineer and Corpus ship Sabotage missions  - he will take heat damage whether or not he is in the Rift. Not sure if this was an intended effect, but one would assume from Riftwalking's description that being in the Rift would make Limbo immune to this kind of damage too.
  • Limbo can still be struck and damaged by lightning on Uranus.

Current victories

• Fixed issue of taking damage from Venomous Eximus unit auras (occured even if VE were not in the Rift with Limbo).