Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity 1.5/1.2/1.4/1.6/number/small Changes.

Feallike

So I kinda.. Sorta like the Affinity system in the game to a extent though I feel it personally punishes you for playing solo and is way to kind to multiplayer play. Specifically, if you are a level 30 killer frame you are the one receiving the least useful affinity in most situations which is why Focus is kinda sorta a solution but really just makes more problems for the system and is a band-aid fix for the real problem. While if you are a support frame it is extremely hard to level.

Problem 1.

The game, punishes you for using a weapon that you aren't leveling. Which makes it painful to level things making you basically start from square one. Example being: I just got Bo, I can't use bo along side my Supra because my Supra has 5 formas and rekts everything, and if I do use my Supra for killing my BO receives very little affinity in comparison. So I am effectively wasting 50% of the affinity I am getting because I am unable to use the weapon I am leveling in battle. 

While by a story and realistic standpoint it makes sense that you would have to use a weapon to gain levels, however they completely thrown out the window by allowing you to level stuff using TEAM KILLS. So if I am not killing stuff with X weapon I am not receiving a lot of affinity, but if I only equip X weapon and have player 2 kill stuff I am wasting A LOT less affinity and leveling exponentially times faster. 

That is a problem. This punishes makes leveling slow because you have to go to low level areas to use a weapon effectively. Or on the other side it punishes players for killing stuff and gaining less affinity instead of having your friend kill it and gain that affinity. So it basically punishes you for playing the game.

Focus while attempting to bandaid the problems but doesn't fix it whatsoever. 

Problem 2.

Higher levels doesn't give more XP then lower levels. Before you type in the comments about 2% more XP from a level 30 compared to a level 10. The more you kill, the more that spawns. So actually I am rewarded for playing low level missions more than playing high level missions. Also this goes into the fact that higher levels don't mean higher droprates. So again you lose more going higher levels then you gain.

So in a sense progressing throughout the game punishes you more than it rewards you. Sure more heavies spawn so your net gain will go up, but if you calculate it you will not gain a significant enough increase to warrant progression. You should gain atleast 50% more affinity from a level 30 compared to a level 10 and 150% more from a level 60. 

Solution 1.

When having a weapon equipped that is bellow level 30 all affinity gained by anything that is leveled 30 will be given to that weapon. If case their multiple 2 weapons then it will be split 50/50, and so on. So what would make it worth even using a leveled weapon? Well simple, affinity gained by the weapon in use will gain double experience for being use. This will also go up for every level difference between the enemy and the weapon. Example: My Bo will gain 2x affinity for killing a level 0, it will gain a 3x for killing a level 10, a 4x for killing 20, and 5x for killing 30. This bonus will go down for every level gained warranting higher level enemies to gain the same bonus. 

The bonus does not carry to weapon that you aren't using. They are specific to the weapon in use. AKA Just because I am gaining 6x affinity for my BoltorP equipped my Atomos that I am not using ATM will still receive regular amounts of affinity. 

Team kills: Even if you have all but 1 weapon equipped you will gain 20% affinity. This still gives reward for having teammates, however you will not gain nearly as much affinity as if you where. Also before you say anything I am not trying to cure Draco. That is for someone else to do. >.> 

Solution 2.

Make drop rates and affinity go up per level. Simple, done. Unless someone wants to do the math which I don't feel like doing. Just make a simple formula. Affinity = Level X Base affinity. A bunch of games already do this to the point that the DE could go online and copy/paste this in for affinity. I honestly have no idea why this isn't already in effect. Though I won't pry.

TL;DR: Guys just read the solutions. I am basically adding filler in the questions so that people know why it is a problem. So if you don't feel like reading 6 paragraphs just read the 2 that matter in the end. :)

Super TL;DR: Level 0 weapons gain more affinity, team kills gain less, your kills gain more, and enemies gain more droprate and affinity per level. (Wow I feel like I wasted my time actually explaining stuff)

leveling is  fine the way it is and there are more than one way to level fast. 1) affinity booster  2) stealth multiplier and 3) play in a 2 man squad<<  4) full squad leeching in excavation interception and defense or survival.

3 is my favorite technique.

leveling is  fine the way it is and there are more than one way to level fast. 1) affinity booster  2) stealth multiplier and 3) play in a 2 man squad<<  4) full squad leeching in excavation interception and defense or survival.

3 is my favorite technique.

So your options: Pay money to bandaid a meh system, use a system that only fixes a problem in one aspect and forces the player to play in a way that they might not want to, and finally don't play the game and have someone else play it for you.

..... YOU DON'T SEE A PROBLEM?

I can't even do option 2 without specifically modding a weapon in a certain way. So I should use my Drakoon as a stealth weapon instead of using it like a shotgun if I want to level efficiently? You can't tell me that isn't stupid.

Edit: Also I am not saying getting affinity is hard. IT'S NOT. I am saying it isn't designed in a way user friendly and isn't a well thought out system. It punishes the player for playing harder missions and punishes you for playing the game.

Edited by Feallike

solo all things at lvl 0, frame companion+ weapon, primary secondary and melee solo will be 1 hr+

with a booster its a shorter time, in a four man squad preferably defense its 45 mins + or 50-60 waves

ive done this many times over and I know how long it takes whether you have 1 or all stuff at level 0 ranking to 30 makes no difference its the amount of enemies and not the level that matters

its only a problem when you forcibly wants to solo on easy missions like exterminate that has little enemies and the amount of xp doesn't move the bar from a complete run.

why do stealth when any endless mission will suffice? and if its impatience why not use the xp system at your fullest advantage and kill max hordes of enemies using a speed nova with a booster?

limiting oneself to a mission type ( stealth) for xp is limiting within itself because that bonus multi can go away in an instant without you realizing.

like I stated there are many ways to get/farm xp and personally stealth is the worst and most boring of all and players only hype it up for new unsuspecting players to do that mission type. I'd rather do capture or sabotage with an endless stream of enemies than stealth. 

buying boosters  is all that's left to do in this game for me << builds the new whatever  go to one of my most used maps and mission type takes 2 hrs and 4x forma and catalyst/reactor and be done with it = endgame>> see what the weapon is all about in the process too and how far it can carry me without causing  an abrupt suicide due to power fall off and ineffectiveness.

Edited by ranks21

i like the thought of giving a bonus for a Weapon Killing 'above its pay grade'.

and while Enemies don't scale in Affinity in a way that anyone really cares about indeed, 'XP * Level' is obviously not even in the ballpark of balanced.

touching Reward Rates for Enemies is asking for trouble though, that's a trap we shouldn't walk into. nothing good will come of it.

however i feel for you as this sort of Thread will attract many a Player that doesn't know what they're talking about (but some on the other end of the spectrum too ofcourse).

like Stealth being 'terrible XP'.

or reducing Player Count because obviously less Enemy Spawns means more XP.

i like the thought of giving a bonus for a Weapon Killing 'above its pay grade'.

and while Enemies don't scale in Affinity in a way that anyone really cares about indeed, 'XP * Level' is obviously not even in the ballpark of balanced.

touching Reward Rates for Enemies is asking for trouble though, that's a trap we shouldn't walk into. nothing good will come of it.

however i feel for you as this sort of Thread will attract many a Player that doesn't know what they're talking about (but some on the other end of the spectrum too ofcourse).

like Stealth being 'terrible XP'.

or reducing Player Count because obviously less Enemy Spawns means more XP.

I can't do the formula, but most games that boast having random drops have enemy level increase the droprate in some way or another. So I don't see the problem copy/pasting some formula.

Ya I can already see that happening. Though I think most players will just assume I am saying XP is hard to get.