Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.10 & Tactial Alert: Divine Will

[DE]Drew

• Hacking terminals in Sortie Spy Missions will no longer trigger alarms when failed, giving only the damaging shock to the player.
  • Sorties now give 25 R5 Fusion Cores upon completion in addition to a prize from the Sortie Season. (Get them while you can! Not guaranteed to be available in the future!)
  • Fixed Focus Ability cooldowns being reset on Host Migration.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause login rewards to be lost by players whose game closed immediately after logging in.

Couple of welcome fixes here that I'd like to thank you for.

Hopefully this will mean less failures of sortie spy missions. I was getting so tired of inexperienced players screwing up the whole mission for everyone else because they weren't willing to wait for someone else to hack the vault. Of course there will still be issues, but at least failing to hack won't spell doom for us.

This one is INCREDIBLY welcome if it works as I'm hoping it will. This way we'll at least get something decent for our time if we don't happen to get a reward that we need/want. I'm also hoping this means less 25 core rewards in general though as I keep getting those even though I haven't gotten everything else from the pool (I REALLY want that Pyra Syandana, dangit!).

Okay, I'm not sure if this is actually the fix I was hoping for, but it might be. On numerous occassions I would be playing Draco, would activate my focus ability, and then everyone would leave, forcing me to continue on my own. After the inevitable host migration though, I noticed that the passive effects of my focus ability were no longer working. Does this fix that issue or is this JUST for the cooldowns? If the later, then you need to fix the passives being reset on host migration too as that is quite annoying.

And finally, this issue has been around since the inception of the new login system. I experienced this bug I think 3 days after it originally dropped and was very dismayed at not only losing my login reward, but I believe also having that day not count toward my total logins. Nice to see this is FINALLY fixed.

Thank you DE!

Edited by PhoeniixFiire

Awww.

I don't run Loki, but i liked that this sorted the actual Loki Master race from the posers.

Got a lot of hate for running my banshee (perma invisibility kubrow! wut, wut!) from loki players. Only for me to get my vault done flawlessly, and for them to fail gloriously.

I liked that feature. Requiring you to keep calm, and not get flustered. Should only have been removed if the non-sortie terminals were indicating the number of fails were too great for that difficulty level. If people can do it in a regular mission, the sorties should be no different. So the punishment was fair imho.

Except that the punishment would affect the ENTIRE squad with a failed mission, which is incredibly annoying. That's why I pretty much always ran these missions solo, even though I didn't mind helping others finish the mission. I'm so sick of rookies just bum-rushing into the vaults and screwing it up for everyone else even after I've specifically told them "if you aren't good with vaults, let someone else do it". Now at least there is a little more leeway.

Focus Changes: v 1.1

The following changes are the first in a series of updates designed to make the Focus System more interactive and rewarding for players.  Because these changes will be frequent and gameplay-altering we will be applying a label to any major update made to the Focus System.  Please keep in mind that the nature of these changes is to provide overall improvement to the Focus System, and that we will monitor and make additional changes as necessary.

• Introducing: 'Convergence'! Read on to find how out these Focus-boosting drops work.
  • Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:
    • Convergence are unique pickups that last for a short amount of time, and will spawn at a random point in the tileset a short distance away from a player.  A unique icon will direct players to the location of a Focus marker on spawn.
    • Convergence will activate once picked up, and will only affect the player that activated the Booster.
    • Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player.
    • A 5 seconds remaining notice will play before the Affinity multiplier ends.
    • Convergence will only last for a limited amount of time, and will eventually disappear if not picked up.
    • Convergence will automatically drop if one has not appeared after 3-5 minutes.
  • The daily Focus cap has been increased from 75k to 100k.

I see it stated nowhere that the focus is gained by teammate kills. If this isn't just an inadvertent omittance, then I highly doubt that your "co-op friendly" means the same thing I'm thinking  about. This rng booster will just provoke more selfishness from players, creating fights over who takes it.

> Hacking terminals in Sortie Spy Missions will no longer trigger alarms when failed, giving only the damaging shock to the player.

....why? These were actually fun to hack...Made me focus more to hack perfectly. Now i can just mash it without any thought till its done..coz even if i fail...nothing will happen. That "damaging" shock better be tweaked to kill then.

Coz games are not fun when you cant lose. Even "mini" ones.

Btw thanx for Ninkondi fix.

Except that the punishment would affect the ENTIRE squad with a failed mission, which is incredibly annoying. That's why I pretty much always ran these missions solo, even though I didn't mind helping others finish the mission. I'm so sick of rookies just bum-rushing into the vaults and screwing it up for everyone else even after I've specifically told them "if you aren't good with vaults, let someone else do it". Now at least there is a little more leeway.

True. Perhaps i dont mind failing as much due to not participating in sorties as rigorously.

I just find it humorous is all. Every Spy mission is just loki's. I take my Banshee just to have fun, and be challenged a bit (a bit, perma invis kubrow so...). 

But yes, if the intent is on finishing the sortie missions, i can see why it would bother some. Should still be a penalty for failing; Should incapacitate those who fail xD