Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.10 & Tactial Alert: Divine Will

[DE]Drew

The 25 R5 Core Sortie bonus will be available until Divine Will ends. I've updated the OP with this information.

So players who have already completed today's Sorties before the hotfix missed out on the cores then?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's it, no more running Sorties when there is an update coming. x.x

True. Perhaps i dont mind failing as much due to not participating in sorties as rigorously.

I just find it humorous is all. Every Spy mission is just loki's. I take my Banshee just to have fun, and be challenged a bit (a bit, perma invis kubrow so...). 

But yes, if the intent is on finishing the sortie missions, i can see why it would bother some. Should still be a penalty for failing; Should incapacitate those who fail xD

Unfortunately for a lot of people, myself included, Sorties are kind of annoying and we just want to get through them as fast as possible. I don't play Sorties for fun, I play them in the hope of getting a good reward, but most of the time they are just disappointing wastes of time. Spy missions have always been annoying when playing with other people because invariably you're going to get someone who doesn't know what they're doing and will ruin it for everyone. I usually play those solo because of that. Usually what happens is instead of everyone working on one vault at a time, everyone runs to different vaults, which would work in theory, but what usually ends up happening is one person screws up a vault and everyone else rushes to try to save it but nearly always fails, usually resulting in mission failure. It's one of the few mission types where one person can completely ruin the experience for the whole squad and there's nothing anyone else can do about that. I love spy missions but I seriously think they need a rework, maybe by locking the vaults until the previous one is completed? Idk, just a thought.

Focus Changes: v 1.1

The following changes are the first in a series of updates designed to make the Focus System more interactive and rewarding for players.  Because these changes will be frequent and gameplay-altering we will be applying a label to any major update made to the Focus System.  Please keep in mind that the nature of these changes is to provide overall improvement to the Focus System, and that we will monitor and make additional changes as necessary.

• Introducing: 'Convergence'! Read on to find how out these Focus-boosting drops work.
  • Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:
    • Convergence are unique pickups that last for a short amount of time, and will spawn at a random point in the tileset a short distance away from a player.  A unique icon will direct players to the location of a Focus marker on spawn.
    • Convergence will activate once picked up, and will only affect the player that activated the Booster.
    • Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player.
    • A 5 seconds remaining notice will play before the Affinity multiplier ends.
    • Convergence will only last for a limited amount of time, and will eventually disappear if not picked up.
    • Convergence will automatically drop if one has not appeared after 3-5 minutes. 

Am I reading this correctly? Do these changes that we've been waiting for for... I think about 2 months, fix literally NONE of the problems that focus currently has?

Like... what?

... WHAT??

So, if I am reading this correctly, then not only has Focus introduced the concept of kill stealing, now its introduced a concept of buff stealing too??

I sincerely hope I'm reading this incorrectly, and someone will tell me I'm stupid... But if I'm right, then damn... You guys messed up.

well, cant seem to do the bloody event, game keeps crashing on the tile set..sometimes at start and other times 5 minutes in.

found out it was a friend's bad internet causing the issue.

but now to the event...i like it, but damn did it take forever doing it solo with ivara (safest means imo)

oh and for the recoed I HATE now HACKING.......ITS BAD ENOUGH WE HAVE TO HACK CONSOLES TO GET THE BURSA'S TO COME DOWN AND THEN HACK THE BURSA'S

Edited by xcynderx

Question: where is actually the coop part in focus 1.1??? You still need to do the killing youself. It would be MUCH more helpful to be able to recieve focus points when other do the killing. You HAVE to be selfish to recieve points. Why should I support the team with a Frost, Nyx or Loki when I can kill everything with an Ash and HAVE to do it.

There isn't a problem how many focus points you get, there is a big problem about the how you can actually earn them!

Focus Changes: v 1.1

The following changes are the first in a series of updates designed to make the Focus System more interactive and rewarding for players.  Because these changes will be frequent and gameplay-altering we will be applying a label to any major update made to the Focus System.  Please keep in mind that the nature of these changes is to provide overall improvement to the Focus System, and that we will monitor and make additional changes as necessary.

• Introducing: 'Convergence'! Read on to find how out these Focus-boosting drops work.
  •  
  • Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:
    • Convergence are unique pickups that last for a short amount of time, and will spawn at a random point in the tileset a short distance away from a player.  A unique icon will direct players to the location of a Focus marker on spawn.
    •  
    • Convergence will activate once picked up, and will only affect the player that activated the Booster.
    •  
    • Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player.
    •  
    • A 5 seconds remaining notice will play before the Affinity multiplier ends.
    •  
    • Convergence will only last for a limited amount of time, and will eventually disappear if not picked up.
    •  
    • Convergence will automatically drop if one has not appeared after 3-5 minutes.
    •  
  • The daily Focus cap has been increased from 75k to 100k.
  •  

This isn't what we were told? what's going on? Why are we still on this solo focus bull crap? why doesn't this mention shared focus at all? Seriously, the descriptions we've previously gotten about these boosters were something along the lines of, "hoard up some mobs when it's spawned and then go to town getting affinity" in what world is this the expected outcome of these changes? This change is just going to piss a lot of players off because one guy wants to get all the focus he can and just take it instantly to get a burst of focus while everyone else gets none.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, maybe it's an error in the notes that doesn't specify that party member affinity gain adds to it, but that still isn't good enough, it still puts the mindset of "steal it so I get the focus" and if anything reinforces that even more.

This needs a quick change in all honestly, really fast, it needs to be a party benefit or its just going to be solo playing only and co-op is ineffective and useless in the endgame, which is what focus is even intended for in the first place.

Edit: Seems the notes were updated,

• Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.
  • Convergence pickups work like Mods - there is a unique one for every player to grab! It's not 'first-come, first-serve'.

Theses changes work for me, I also experienced at least the convergence pickups, I did not however notice the radial gains.

I gained about as much as I noticed I gained from doing convergence several times. if the range is shorter than affinity gains this is still an issue, but if it is the same I would guess that it is a much smaller amount and not additionally affected by their or my convergence.

Edited by Mewkie

This isn't what we were told? what's going on? Why are we still on this solo focus bull crap? why doesn't this mention shared focus at all? Seriously, the descriptions we've previously gotten about these boosters were something along the lines of, "hoard up some mobs when it's spawned and then go to town getting affinity" in what world is this the expected outcome of these changes? This change is just going to piss a lot of players off because one guy wants to get all the focus he can and just take it instantly to get a burst of focus while everyone else gets none.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, maybe it's an error in the notes that doesn't specify that party member affinity gain adds to it, but that still isn't good enough, it still puts the mindset of "steal it so I get the focus" and if anything reinforces that even more.

This needs a quick change in all honestly, really fast, it needs to be a party benefit or its just going to be solo playing only and co-op is ineffective and useless in the endgame, which is what focus is even intended for in the first place.

This is why I don't play with other frames then Ash anymore. Why should I use Frost in an excavator or mobile defense mission? The focus gain is completely anti coop and end in cannibalism and a call of duty like gameplay. "I NEED KILLS TO GAIN FOCUS POINTS! I HAVE TO KILL THEM FASTER THAN MY TEAMMATES!"

But is is a typical DE move. Like the acolyte mod drop change. The first intention was to work on the symptomes not on the source: mods were unidentified until extraction. A big wonder that they doubled the chance for uncommon and rare mods yet I never recieved most of the rifle mods.

Edited by Lesserli

Nice additions... but it's not enough to veil that the MAJOR focus bug remains unfixed ! You said by the end of last year it was a bug that should be fixed shortly after the new year. We are now in February, and it is still here ! The changes you made to Focus are cool, but are IN NO WAY coop-friendly, they just worsen the selfishness of the current system.

I expected to be able to have some real teamplay and synergy to get Focus points, I guess I'm going back to solo Ker with my perma-invisible Loki...

EDIT (just seen [DE]Rebecca's post) :

Added a very important line under Focus v1.1:

Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.

Oh, OK ! My post is no longer valid then... But for the Void's sake, NEVER forget to mention such an important info like this again in the future :( !

Edited by Arkhenbarn

Seriously DE, fix those lasers tracing invisible warframes! It is impossible avoiding any kind of damage like that! -.-'

This has been an issue since you guys introduced those useless zap traps.

Any kind of high technology cannot target a Loki for example, but a stupid static arc trap can?

Seriously DE, fix those lasers tracing invisible warframes! It is impossible avoiding any kind of damage like that! -.-'

This has been an issue since you guys introduced those useless zap traps.

Any kind of high technology cannot target a Loki for example, but a stupid static arc trap can?

I hadn't even thought about this but you make an EXCELLENT point. I can understand sensor bars and laser walls because we are invisible not intangible, but for things like arc traps that have to target someone, as evident by them not hurting grineer, shouldn't be able to hurt us when invisible.