Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.10 & Tactial Alert: Divine Will

[DE]Drew

I hadn't even thought about this but you make an EXCELLENT point. I can understand sensor bars and laser walls because we are invisible not intangible, but for things like arc traps that have to target someone, as evident by them not hurting grineer, shouldn't be able to hurt us when invisible. 

Like you said, you are invisible, not intangible. You can be hurt by them because they sense your movement, much like the Sensor Bars and Laser Doors. Invisibility shouldn't be that powerful.

Thanks a lot guys!

• Fixed an error causing Vauban’s Bastille to continue indefinitely if the ability was active before Vauban revived.
  • Fixed the Stug occasionally firing in the wrong direction, too far off to the side.
  • Fixed Focus Ability cooldowns being reset on Host Migration.
  • Fixed some instances where using a zipline would take a greater priority over using other context actions such as reviving a player.
  • Fixed an error in Nezha’s Warding Halo description that caused the ‘bonus shield’ amount to not display, even though it was still being applied.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause login rewards to be lost by players whose game closed immediately after logging in.
  • Fixed several Mods showing duration to multiple decimal places.
  • Fixed the End of Mission screen not properly displaying the correct Focus Daily limit.
  • Fixed daily Focus limit tracking being lost after a Host Migration.
  • Fixed Ivara’s Artemis Bow not properly getting buffs from Rifle Mods.
  • Fixed the Lanka’s combo meter not properly updating when an enemy is slain.
  • Fixed Nunchaku weapons not hitting the enemy until the second attack.
  • Fixed an error that would cause the Options menu to ask players to confirm changes, even when no changes have been made.
  • Fixed a ‘Node Locked’ message appearing when clicking on a completed Sortie Mission.
  • Fixed Infested enemies still being able to use their passive auras in Limbo’s Rift.
  • Fixed equipping a Specter causing a large hitch when ‘double-clicked’ into the gear wheel.
  • Fixed Clients not seeing other Clients Glaive weapon when thrown.
  • Fixed an extended delay that occurs with the Ogris when attempting to fire the weapon after cancelling a charged shot.
  • Fixed the Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Key displaying an incorrect description in the Foundry.
  • Fixed some of the Staticor’s visual FX firing from the player’s feet.
  • Fixed the Porta Chest Plate’s Arsenal description not displaying the proper information.
  • Fixed an additional revive marker appearing after an ally has been revived while irradiation

Oh and some very welcome fixes indeed.

Like you said, you are invisible, not intangible. You can be hurt by them because they sense your movement, much like the Sensor Bars and Laser Doors. Invisibility shouldn't be that powerful.

That doesn't make sense. How could they "sense your movement"? You are invisible. Sensor bars and laser walls are different because there is actually a magnetic field/laser that is being projected whether you are there or not, and neither would care that you are invisible, but arc traps don't react based on movement alone because they do not hurt grineer, meaning that they attack based on something else, most likely visual appearance. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. Although, now that I think about it, sensor bars and laser walls also don't affect their respective baddies, which means they are also triggered by something other than physical interaction, so perhaps those also shouldn't affect invisible warframes? Idk, there's definitely some inconsistency here.

rip focus but WHY HELLO FUSION CORES

What? Focus hasn't changed in a negative way at all. It hasn't changed exactly how we wanted, but we're still going to be able to get the same if not more focus than before, so why the "rip focus"?

Everything else is good in the hotfix notes, except the tac alert itself. The boss is nothing more but overly cheese jackal/raptor combination who spams more rockets than raptor and 10 squads of Bombards on crack combined, punches the ground like the floor itself is it's enemy, and last but definitely least, the bursas die almost instantly on the endurance version of this tac alert.

Not worth an orokin reactor bp(+ stratos emblem) or the time I used into this.

Edited by FrozenFractals

That doesn't make sense. How could they "sense your movement"? You are invisible. Sensor bars and laser walls are different because there is actually a magnetic field/laser that is being projected whether you are there or not, and neither would care that you are invisible, but arc traps don't react based on movement alone because they do not hurt grineer, meaning that they attack based on something else, most likely visual appearance. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. Although, now that I think about it, sensor bars and laser walls also don't affect their respective baddies, which means they are also triggered by something other than physical interaction, so perhaps those also shouldn't affect invisible warframes? Idk, there's definitely some inconsistency here.

What? Focus hasn't changed in a negative way at all. It hasn't changed exactly how we wanted, but we're still going to be able to get the same if not more focus than before, so why the "rip focus"?

Fun little thing to note, the occasional time I feel like running Limbo for the day, it's pretty fun to banish my fellow Loki during a Spy mission, and let him literally bypass everything lol (like the giant moving walls of laser on the Corpus tileset. Though to be honest, I really love doing that vault lol).

EDIT: Ahh, I just saw[DE]Rebecca's post the moment I posted this lol. So disregard~

The "rip focus" comment might have been because, though the additional bonus affinity is fine (though honestly, I've been getting a nice flow of XP prior), I believe he was implying about the statements the past few devstreams and the red text not to long ago stating it to be "cooperative friendly", and I also recall it stating multiple times that your squad would be able to help you and receive the bonus affinity as well (by how much, no idea, I'd assume your squad-mates would get slightly less of a bonus).

But from what I gathered, and from my own experience as well, this is more like a nice bonus, and doesn't from the sounds of it address the core criticisms at all. In this case, Support frames not nearly getting as much affinity as a damage dealer one. I'd argue if at all lol.

Though, things are always subject to change, but I do find it very peculiar the "co-op" comment in the red text, as well as not even a week ago stating that this was going to be something you work with your squad-mates with, even if you were the only one getting it in the end.

Unless the message being said across weeks prior was lost somewhere in translation sortofspeak, this doesn't seem to be the case.

As far as the patch-notes are concerned, I can't check at the moment either if possibly that whoever compiled all the changes, forgot to clarify the co-op aspect of this, assuming its what they've been talking about prior. If what's written is accurate, then it seems like the scenario of everything trying to grab that one item so they can get the bonus for themselves, or in worse case, while trying to pick it up, an Day Equinox player swoops by and grabs it, coupling in detonating her 4th ability, which in all, pretty much making the issues that has been discussed for quite sometime, to some extent, amplified.

This is what I'm understanding, so feel free to correct me on anything, as like I said, I can't verify now what the patch-notes and red-text has said is accurate. Like I said, anything is subject to change, but unorthodox of them to claim for a few weeks (months), about it making the first step in the direction of affinity gaining more squad/support Warframe friendly, over hoping you'll get at least a thousand or so with a Trinity over that Ember next to her killing all the enemies.

I guess we'll see what happens. At least the groundwork is placed, but some could argue it's literally the definition of rushing a new support mechanic for a particular system, that doesn't have all the functions it was lead to believe for almost two months now.

Added a very important line under Focus v1.1:

Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.

EDIT: I am curious though if this the gained Affinity applies to your squadmates as well, or just yourself regardless who's doing the kills. At least it still corrects the issue for support Warframes, but from past experiences when games do this drop item thing though, it's going to be a bloodbath trying to get it first (assuming the buff only applies to you).

So in that regard, that doesn't sound like the whole "plan together with your teammates before picking up the item" comment you mentioned the back on other devstream ago, as this suggests that not everyone is really going to care to help one guy out if they're not getting the bonus lol. Still, just speculating here, so I have no idea how it's working out now in practice for the other players.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Thank you DE, I havent been impressed with some of the recent fixes/changes (mostly because they didnt really effect me) although they were overall positive. But this fix.. THIS FIX is so full of win I cant even... I feel like all those other "ho-hum" fixes were all just rectified. Thank you DE for finally working on focus. Its been a long time coming, what with the host migration bull crap and the very low daily cap. Nothing but positive changes here as far as I can see. Thanks again. I approve 10,000%! Good job guys! :)

DE thanks for the update, but can I suggest that whenever you're going to drop a patch that affects sorties somehow, you hold off on updating resetting them? Not very happy knowing I got screwed out of R5 cores just because I did the sortie early today.

DE thanks for the update, but can I suggest that whenever you're going to drop a patch that affects sorties somehow, you hold off on updating resetting them? Not very happy knowing I got screwed out of R5 cores just because I did the sortie early today.

They never learn.

Anyway, Am I the only one who got stuck on an endless loading Screen trying to do the Tactical Alert?

So,Draco is still best for farming focus and going at it any other way is still a shore just slightly shorter(if you are lucky enough to actually get that booster AND a situation where you get some use out of it that is).

Yum well onward to the next focus change I guess.

If the radial share would be in place, then yeah, maybe it could be the best spot, but it's not and will never be. Solo stealth is way more beneficial.