Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.10 & Tactial Alert: Divine Will

[DE]Drew

hi, thx for the fixes .need to take a look to mesa i think not targeting enemys in ulti as it supposed to be.for focus i did some rounds in draco as used too , the problem is that i need double rounds as used too if i pick up the focus booster, if not i need 7 times more rounds . the think is that i cant do all day draco and we usually change rolls so everyone can farm focus and lvl weapons or forma ,now that got very difficult , atleast i think maybe im wrong. but i have to farm couple hours  focus and i dont need to lvl thinks what about a new or middle lvl player , find resources ,lvl weapons and focus ,do quests farm void , what exactly . meaning i cant help players now im must focus to what I need mostly. i would like to read a different approach of thinks so if im that wrong i can fix it . thank you 

Wait, that was a glorious idea for trying to fix focus? What was so difficult about that? Instead you could just have doubled or tripled the amount of Focus experience gained by the player.

Because Focus pickups don't make ANY sense. "Affinity" is acquired through use. Which is why I still hold to my original argument that affinity drops from crates are nonsense. So why do we suddenly pick something up to have an increased boost?

Here is an idea: double or triple the experience gained for Focus, and put a "Focus booster" in the market that doubles or triples that amount again.

Now for the ACTUAL Focus problems, I think you should desperately reconsider how the ways work and how they are forked, and how unforgiving the cooldown is for something that you might not even be using twice per mission because of all the stuff it should be doing. Ask yourself; is that what you want? Is that your design goal, that one Warframe uses their power only once per mission?

Also, why should we have to WAIT for our Focus skill to be activated at the start of the mission? That makes even LESS sense. We sit in our Liset, we travel with our Liset to the mission. Basically we're fresh and rested. What is the reason our focus skill is NOT readily available? Ifyou really want to make us feel more useful with Focus with the effort we do in, then AT LEAST we should be able to use the Focus power right from the get go.

Because it would make SENSE.

Thanks for the Tactical Alert :)

I appreciate the way to get focus easier now, but I still would like you to considerate this post. I think it's worth reading that long text and this Tenno put some big effort into that:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/608122-i-am-wood-naramon-fan-rework/?hl=wood

Also some bugs to note:

-The Pakal Breastplate is still misplaced on Ash and Excalibur (didn't check for other Warframes yet, but on those two it is mostly visible). That can be seen best with the noble animation from Nekros.

-When entering the relay there is still the bug with making hundreds of steps while walking on the normal speed for some seconds

Consider* And I haven't noticed the Pakal chest armor being misplaced on Ash or Excal, and they're my 2 most used right now.

What the hell is wrong with focus now, care to explain? It's beyond broken. You nerfed it to the oblivion. I just killed more than >1500 enemies with a greater lens equiped frame, using his abilities. Got around 10k focus nstead of a normal 40-50. Seriously? And you made the daily cap 100k while doing that? 

Good thing I got what I needed for 3 schools so far, this is an absurd now and so not worth the time's wasting on it. Good job on making my 3 greater lenses useless tho, much appreciated.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

What the hell is wrong with focus now, care to explain? It's beyond broken. You nerfed it to the oblivion. I just killed more than >1500 enemies with a greater lens equiped frame, using his abilities. Got around 10k focus nstead of a normal 40-50. Seriously? And you made the daily cap 100k while doing that? 

Good thing I got what I needed for 3 schools so far, this is an absurd now and so not worth the time's wasting on it. Good job on making my 3 greater lenses useless tho, much appreciated.

Did they say they reduced focus gains in the first post?

Read the latest dev replies.  Some people are getting less focus now, some aren't and it's being investigated.

If it wasn't listed in the patch notes, it's an oversight or bug.

How the F i should kill unkillable Razorback? Dammit DE, I thought you learned that you have to mark weak spots or give a tip at strategy SOMEHOW.

1 - Look up, there's consoles on ledges.

2 - Consoles temporarily disable laser barriers, if there's a Bursa there it'll let it down.

3 - "Kill" the Bursa, then hack it from behind and it'll become friendly.

4 - When it hits the Razorback a few times, it'll take down the shields so you can damage it a bit.

Normally I'd just give the starting hint because figuring things out is fun, but in this case the mission and fight is so hectic and shiny that it's difficult to notice these things.

Did they say they reduced focus gains in the first post?

Read the latest dev replies.  Some people are getting less focus now, some aren't and it's being investigated.

Well personally I didn't see or overlooked that focus/affinity sharing too, and people keep saying it's a thing now. Plus it wouldn't be the first nerf that wasn't obvious from the pathcnotes. 

I kept asking players around, and so far all I asked have noticed that. Not just some. 

With all due respect, but that statement is false and you know it.

There have been features or changes introduced that were not listed but stayed in. I'm not talking about bugs, but actual changes.

Sometimes they are being edited into the patchnotes later, sometimes they are being retroactively mentioned in a coming hotfix, and sometimes they are completely left out either to be removed later or they just rolled with it. Stealth-changes are a common thing.

As someone like you who is doing their best to remain factual and concise, such a slip is a lot more recognizable than when a random Tenno does it.

tAKING ALL FOCUS DROPS BUT In total im getting less focus xp then before, around 5-8 k less in draco 4 wave run with full team.

Cant earn focus xp fast, all missions on maps are super easwith low level mobs, i one shot everything, you still need like hour ir more to reach chalenging mobs, when sorties was out missions was good, now super easy like everything, why cant make map for hardcore players, where u start from very strong high level mobs, all bosses i can solo also in no time, and because of this easy gameplay no one care about team up, i just go random or solo everywhere i dont need in team players with good gear, clans become useless chat with people with who u not play because whats the pointu can go random faster then shout in clan and wait, i prefer to play with low level players with crap gear, so i earn more xp and now im playing only frames wich have lenses on, also focus skills should give focus xp also, i not use focus skills because u waste mobs and get less xp, im doing madurai, looks broken, Phoenix flash(useless skill, i not feel any speed boost and i not need it, wasting range for this useless skill) maxed, rising ashes maxed, i not see any aoe or damage or any animation.

Edited by DrunkPunk

Is that Praise the Void a reference to another game? (Not sure if I can tell what game, new to the forum and some Developers don't like it, but for anyone that played it it's pretty clear).

Anyway, I'd like to complain about Razorback damaging Limbo in the Rift, he's completely useless in that mission as it stands now. Also, missiles targeting invisible Loki, dunno if that is a bug or not, but it's quite annoying. Basically I've only seen Valkyrs running this event without any kind of problem, doesn't matter what build or skills other warframes have. Show a little love for Limbo please :D

Focus is rip, i earn half the way i use to, even with all pickups... i don't think thats a bad idea.

Make things imposible to achive in one mortal life it's a challenge, ok with that.

I don't have so many time to play and neither  cant be purchased by money. OMG... well focus will only favor players who spend his life playing... well i don't like it but still is being reasonable.

What i feel insulting is all that previous points i explained, combined with the joke that u increased the max points per day... really?, we cant aford a 1/3 of focus per day now. Are you pulling ours legs?

And something about i will be forever gratefull: thnx for fix sorties console alerts on spy missions.

Weird stuff happened to me with the focus : I made a bit more than 2.000 focus points with 20 waves at outer terminus, picked every convergence and profit from it, all alone. Then I did it gain but with full squad, made 8.800 points !

EDIT : also, to all the people bashing the new focus things, why am I the only one making more than before ???

Edited by Feuershark

Focus Changes: v 1.1

The following changes are the first in a series of updates designed to make the Focus System more interactive and rewarding for players.  Because these changes will be frequent and gameplay-altering we will be applying a label to any major update made to the Focus System.  Please keep in mind that the nature of these changes is to provide overall improvement to the Focus System, and that we will monitor and make additional changes as necessary.

• Introducing: 'Convergence'! Read on to find how out these Focus-boosting drops work.
  • Convergence can now appear in Missions with players that have a Focus Lens equipped:
    • Convergence are unique pickups that last for a short amount of time, and will spawn at a random point in the tileset a short distance away from a player.  A unique icon will direct players to the location of a Focus marker on spawn.
    • Convergence will activate once picked up, and will only affect the player that activated the Booster.
    • Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player.
    • A 5 seconds remaining notice will play before the Affinity multiplier ends.
    • Convergence will only last for a limited amount of time, and will eventually disappear if not picked up.
    • Convergence will automatically drop if one has not appeared after 3-5 minutes.
    • Focus can now be earned through radial and shared Affinity gains rather than just personal kill Affinity Gains.
    • Convergence pickups work like Mods - there is a unique one for every player to grab! It's not 'first-come, first-serve'.
  • The daily Focus cap has been increased from 75k to 100k.

Thanks. That's great and nice. But - just curiose - any "Mastery" abillity (cooldown time economy) - now give me 60 sec economy. before 18.4.10 it was 75 sec. I'm not see something in patchnote about that.

are 60 sec (instead 75) bug and will be fixed? or that's just patch? 

as nice as it is that focus can finally be shared to some extent

the major problem i see with the focus system is that it is just a race-to-the-end type of system

heck many ppl have already either maxed two or more trees or just completely forgotten about it... =/

i really think that games like Path of Exile have done a much better job at the 'class tree' style of diversification, in both their core tree system and their new upcoming ascension system, either way tho, DE could take some tips and apply/expound those into our Focus tree system

personally i think the trees/paths atm are too small, largely unbalanced, and no significant consequences for our 'choices'