Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.10 & Tactial Alert: Divine Will

[DE]Drew

STILL NO FIX

DESCRIPTION: Quantum badge and Rift Sigil color don´t match with warframe default color, only default color, if you change to another color, then will match.

Who: Warframe

What: Cosmetics

Where: Everywhere

CAN YOU REPRODUCE THE BUG? Yes

REPRODUCTION STEPS:

1. Equip any warframe

2. Equit Quantum badge and Rift Sigil

3. Clic in "DEFAULT COLOR" of the warframe

4. The color of Quantum badge will change to green and Rift sigil to blue color

Example: Atlas default color its orange color, but the Quantum show green color and the Rift show blue color.

eqqwkp.jpg

They change to that color because those are their DEFAULT COLORS. If you want them to match, then you have to manually change their colors.

So, im slightly confused...

What have they done to Focus?, cuz all I'm seeing is "DE NERFED DIS OMG"

Does the shared Focus even work, so, say if people are killing around me, or nuking the map with Ember, I'll get the points like a shared XP?.

Also, whats with this Item, that drops, is it a mod or a random pick-up, that lasts for 45 secs?, do other players get it when you pick it up, or once its picked up, its gone?

And lastly, whats this "Nerf" people are talking about, the rate of how we get focus?

This is a real mess already, so can someone please explain this?

aka, it seems DE nerfed the focus gain rate without the pickup, and even with the pickup, the bonus only counts for you and no one else, therefore encouraging killstealing even more than previously. Basically, theys crewed focus over harder than it already was. No team sharing, no nothing, just a worse version of previous focus versions.

Edited by QTEila

aka, it seems DE nerfed the focus gain rate without the pickup, and even with the pickup, the bonus only counts for you and no one else, therefore encouraging killstealing even more than previously. Basically, theys crewed focus over harder than it already was. No team sharing, no nothing, just a worse version of previous focus versions.

killstealing in wf Oo? XD XD XD

I'm so sick of this game and latest events/alerts... Feels like DE is making everything to hate them. As always, great idea of bringing back previous event mods (which I fully aprove of and was glad for a moment) is being buried in the bs drop table and another timewall. Why, why on earth there are toxic mods in the drop list at all? They're cheap, we can get them anytime just dy doing any T4 mission. But no, have 50 more of them, because well apparently someone somewhere is enjoying doing 20 hacking per mission and waiting for 10 minutes to deal a damage to a boss in that 2 seconds window, and then more hacking and more waiting. 

And what's with the imminent lockdown when cameras see us? This is just...

Regret the day I started playing and spent money on the plat there.

EDIT : also, to all the people bashing the new focus things, why am I the only one making more than before ???

2k and 8k? Looks like you didn't farm it properly to begin with that's why you hardly noticed anything.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

what part isn't? the low percentage? has that changed at all?

Of cocurse it changed. Previously the lowest % was 2,5 with normal lens equiped on a weapon or frame that doesn't get kills with his abilities. If he does, 2,5% became 5%. For greater lenses it was 3,5% and 7%. And believe me when I tell you that there was a huge f difference with greater lenses even on Loki and his one weapon. With normal lenses and Loki you needed ~50 mins to hit the daily cap, with two greater lenses - 20,25 or 30. Or about 700 kills and 400-450, at least for me. Those numbers might seem small when you just look at 5% and 7%, but there's a very big difference when it comes to the total focus gained.

Added to notes 09:39 AM EST 12/02.

• Focus Convergence and Focus Gain changes:
  •  
  • As per above, Convergence will reward the player a 6x Focus multiplier for 45 seconds.  This time limit will appear as a countdown buff on the player. Here is how the Focus gain percentages work in v 1.1:

•  
  • Normal Lens: 1.25% without Convergence
  •  
  • Normal Lens: 7.5% with Convergence (multiplied by 6)
  •  
  • Greater Lens: 1.75% without Convergence
  •  
  • Greater Lens : 10.5% with Convergence (multiplied by 6)

I very much suggest reverting this immediately. Greater lenses are almost entirely useless, Focus gain as a whole is significantly slower except for random bursts of Convergence, and Radial gain is nearly meaningless with a percentage that small. I "understand" that you need to maintain players in order to keep the game alive, but you're just constantly pissing off veteran players with these updates, and those players will tell prospective new players not to bother. I don't know who decided that this was a good change, because it is FAR from anything that could even remotely be considered good or useful.

Edited by -AR.Amaranthyne

I'm not sure why folks are complaining about the focus changes.  Overall, from a couple of T4 survival runs, I've noticed a decent increase in points that were a chore with the original system to get in comparison.  (Unless of course you're boring and constantly hit Draco runs...)  So I'm okay with the changes and the focus time drops are alright.  Not something I'd normally care for, but for some reason it works okay.

However, if what I read is right, the greater lens do need a buff.  C'mon, DE, give us reason to throw plat at you. =P

That said, though, at the end of the day, the focus system is still an annoying grind and I refuse to waste too much time on it.

Edited by Aikurisu

People think it's been really bad but maybe they don't realize how decent it is in practice.

I did some quick solo missions on sedna, used the convergence boosters, got over 1000 focus.

Did another run similarily without picking up any convergence, didn't even get 100 focus.

Edited by 1un4cy

Well personally I didn't see or overlooked that focus/affinity sharing too, and people keep saying it's a thing now. Plus it wouldn't be the first nerf that wasn't obvious from the pathcnotes. 

I kept asking players around, and so far all I asked have noticed that. Not just some. 

With all due respect, but that statement is false and you know it.

There have been features or changes introduced that were not listed but stayed in. I'm not talking about bugs, but actual changes.

Sometimes they are being edited into the patchnotes later, sometimes they are being retroactively mentioned in a coming hotfix, and sometimes they are completely left out either to be removed later or they just rolled with it. Stealth-changes are a common thing.

As someone like you who is doing their best to remain factual and concise, such a slip is a lot more recognizable than when a random Tenno does it.

Unless stated otherwise, I'm with the other guy that it's a bug/oversight. That's a much more reasonable speculation to make, then, say some others who jump straight to conclusions (or make some ludicrous accusations) without even waiting until someone is even in the office in the morning. Some call it "putting on their tin-foil hats on" I suppose. Though I wouldn't say those exact words, but I understand the sentiment. Not implying your thoughts fall under this, as of course their is validity to your reply as well, so no worries on that end.

Though to note, the fact that [DE] Rebecca was investigating it last night, (and if you read the conversation on there) it clearly shows something isn't right somewhere. So in all, there was nothing "false" about his assumption, as well as nothing you assume in your response is necessarily "false" either. So no reason I think to invalidate his thoughts and feelings on it, since it's all just speculation at best.

(I know there was no ill intent coming from you; what I talked about in my last two sentences, I was just giving another perceptive on it lol, so take it with a grain of salt :P)

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

People think it's been really bad but maybe they don't realize how decent it is in practice.

I did some quick solo missions on sedna, used the convergence boosters, got over 1000 focus.

Did another run similarily without picking up any convergence, didn't even get 100 focus.

1k focus? What mockery is that? What are you happy about exactly, do you really want to grind all day or just do 100 missions? Before this "hotfix" quick exterm somewhere on Ceres or Sedna gave ~8-10k focus. No bs convergence was needed. 

for those who apparently have issues running the math, Prior this hotfix, focus gains were at the current convergance rate(5% and &5 for standard and greater lenses respectively). Now, the only time you will EVER be as effeicent as previously is while under the effect of convergance(solo lobbies). There is literally no arguable way this will ever be a step forward honestly.

But hey, at least people on draco get focus sharing right? Lord forbid we even consider alternatives to Draco.

P.S. I`m extremely "amused" at how it took the community calling D.E out on the conversion nerf for them to finally post it.  My wallet is also extremely "amused", so much so it can't seem to open.........

I'm not sure why folks are complaining about the focus changes.  Overall, from a couple of T4 survival runs, I've noticed a decent increase in points that were a chore with the original system to get in comparison.  (Unless of course you're boring and constantly hit Draco runs...)  So I'm okay with the changes and the focus time drops are alright.  Not something I'd normally care for, but for some reason it works okay.

However, if what I read is right, the greater lens do need a buff.  C'mon, DE, give us reason to throw plat at you. =P

That said, though, at the end of the day, the focus system is still an annoying grind and I refuse to waste too much time on it.

I love grinding for this and adding a new aspect to my frame. 

The only way you're going to gain more focus from the new 'system' is if you were literally being carried through the mission and not contributing.

So, congrats on having a very tolerant team I guess?

Fun Mathtime:

Focus gains during convergence are 150% standard focus gains.

Nu-standard focus gains are 25%.

If convergence drops after 3 minutes, lasts 45 seconds, and (in my experience) constantly spawns at least 4 rooms away, you've got about 45 seconds every 3-4 minutes of convergence time.  We're going to be generous and assume that the convergence timer is based on the point the previous convergence spawns in.  so we'll go with 3 minutes, which means a 25% Convergence uptime.

.25*150% = 37.5% (you gain 150% focus for 25% of the mission, and we're assuming you're still getting kills on the way to picking the thing up instead of running headlong through the mission, if the convergence respawn doesn't start until AFTER you pick the thing up it's a lot worse.)

.75*25% = 18.75% (the rest of the time)

Means you are looking at, for all intents and purposes, UP TO 56.25% focus gains with steady spawns and 25% convergence uptime.

Unless we're intended to try to stand around and let enemies pile up for 3 minutes and then nuke them all down with convergence active, but that would be very tedious and boring.  And isn't that exactly why they nerfed pilfering swarm?  Also it doesn't even really work anyway thanks to spawn caps.

This by far the worst hotfix we had for really long time .Even though i keep myself from commenting at the forums i just couldnt hold my frustration about the focus changes. But i have to admit this is a very effective way to piss off veteran players (like me) . Now instead of 20 mins every day we need to spend 2 hours to get 100k .Not everyone has the time nor the nerves to do so.I suggest reversing the changes before you start losing players . 

Wasn't sure where to post this. Plus I cant record to properly show but I figured here would be ok enough. 

Found the Melee bug is back, Can get stuck being completely unable to use melee. Drawn, quick attack, or Ult.

Marks aren't always spawning in Syndicate missions

Stalker Mark apparently only spawns old stalker, only know of this from Region and Relay Chat. Unsure if that's intentional or accidental.

And of course the worst one, Baro is being generous 

Sometimes I wonder, if the devs think that just not putting all the changes in the patch notes be they good or bad will make people not notice them. This is the internet and to quote gabe newell 'One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'

Just put everything on the patch notes, because you will be found out anyway and there will be less salt and vitriol because you were honest, but there will always be salt.

From my small experiment I saw that single player gain was severely nerfed and team play was significantly boosted. The convergence spawn system is silly as it can spawn ~300 meters from you in a convoluted map making it not even worth picking up.

Oh yeah, absolutely LOVING the focus changes. Exactly what everyone was asking for: more grind.

DE, are you quite sure your goal is to reduce grind? Because you seem to actively be working towards

its antithesis. Lowering the amount of focus gained from each lens so that you can add a temporary bonus?

Just remove the stupid Convergence bonus and put the lens system back to a more fair system.

EDIT: My stance has been vindicated. The Convergence bonus? Oh, just dropped outside of a locked

boss room. Because that's fun and fair. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622447155

Like, it's not anywhere worth 40p for each Greater Lens if it's only 1.75% instead of 7%. That's nothing. With

a larger cap per day, that's even HARDER to reach. The Convergence bonus doesn't eliminate the grind

introduced by half. And, reading it over, this system seems to favour co-op over solo play heavily, which is

also a problem, since not all of us like playing co-op that often and this is rather unfairly holding us back

for no reason.

---------------------

Now, I realise this could seem like a generic hate comment, but I'm seriously tired of seeing "fixes" like this that

do nothing but separate the players that have a real life from those that do nothing but play the game.

Let me state it clearly: I love Warframe. This game is fantastic in many ways. However...

I didn't have the time to max out my focus cap everyday before this. I sure as hell can't do it now. And that

it's taking even longer to unlock things now is just getting silly. This is a great game, and I've loved playing it for

the time it's been in Open Beta so far. But this is just...well, mildly insulting, actually. It's basically telling me that if I

don't waste all of my time in the game, then I don't matter and don't deserve to experience the whole game.

Focus was at least challenging in its previous form. Now it's just a waste of time bothering with it. And with changes

like this being introduced so frequently anymore, it's really killing my interest in the game.

So, please...take a little advice from the side of the community that isn't ultra-hardcore and lower the grind a bit.

Edited by GamingVirtue

Ok i read changes about 5%>1.25% for normal lens and 7%>1,75% for greater but with 6xmultipler. What it mean to me for normal use? Did i farm it shorter or longer ? 
Example: 2x greater lens on Ivara + dagger + stealth playing without booster + Naramon 25% affinity = +-40 minutes to reach 75k focus points.
Now it take how long?
If it take +- Same time with this new system its ok but if it take 3 hours then i directly go on support and i want my money back, because greater lens is pure scam!