Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perm Ban From Twitch-Chat!

Mr_Hufflepuff

I was watching Primetime 106 when i saw a lot of players messages being deleted. I had seen a video from a warframe Youtuber with the name of RevXDev where he showed twitch viewers being censured from saying anything with his name in it. As I have understood, Rev and DE has had some sort of argument and this is how its being solved?! I got banned from twitch from writeing his name! Following my message I got a message from twitch saying I was permanently banned from Twitch chat. Is it fair that DE can ban us from saying a name without warning us? All I want is to be unbanned from chat and that DE gives you a warning about the name RevXDev, just out it as a rule in the Twitch description thing

well legally speaking you have no rights on Warframe nor Twitch, both parties can ban you whenever, for no reason, without needing to provide proof

RevXDev revealed quite a few things about DE and certain people working at support that already earned respective reputations on Reddit

Inb4 closed thread

But really; if you've been banned from the chat you can always ticket support over it, I'm not sure what kind of results you'll have. but i'd go to support or to a different thread about the subject.

I feel like DE might not be handling this issue in the best of ways, however no system is perfect.

Inb4 closed thread

But really; if you've been banned from the chat you can always ticket support over it, I'm not sure what kind of results you'll have. but i'd go to support or to a different thread about the subject.

I feel like DE might not be handling this issue in the best of ways, however no system is perfect.

I would agree with you, I don't see why the argument between Rev and DE shuld affect us in any way

As I have understood, Rev and DE has had some sort of argument and this is how its being solved?!

Incorrect.

There's lots of users going around purposely trying to start riots and stir up crap based on false information like that.  Seeing as most people don't actually know what's going on and listen to the lies they're fed and verbally attack/insult DE, mods, volunteers, and other users about this, the topic never ends well.

I would agree with you, I don't see why the argument between Rev and DE shuld affect us in any way

It is a trigger subject for DE for right now, it's more of a measure to keep unrest from spreading in the community and to cease senseless drama from getting more out of hand, there's a difference between sharing your opinions and sowing discontentment in a community, there are ways to go about this rather than spamming a hashtag or throwing up threads on their official sites, I'd suggest making videos or even a vlog about the matter, rather than taking this into their territory. 

I agree that this sounds overly strict.

Out of curiosity, what were you hoping to achieve by posting that in twitch chat? Also couldn't you consider the vid you watched where similar comments were being deleted as a warning?

Well as you see, i only saw parts of the video and i didn't think it was legit. I really didn't think DE was handling the situation in sutch a bad way. So i tryed it out myself and sure enugh my message was deleted and my twitch account banned from twitch chat

But do you agree with the way DE are handling the situation?

At this point, he and his fanbase have forced their hand as he's basically encouraging people to spam their twitch chats calling for his ban to be lifted, promoting the hashtag trend and saying that spamming both the youtube and twitch chats were "good ideas".

Considering that most people who bring up RevXDev in chat do so in an angry, accusatory, riot-starting manner based on false information they've been fed, simply preventing them from doing so at all is the quickest way to prevent the situation from getting out of hand.

A permanent ban is a little too far (unless this was repeat behavior), but I'm unfamiliar with Twitch's moderation options to know if temporary bans are an option.

At this point, he and his fanbase have forced their hand as he's basically encouraging people to spam their twitch chats calling for his ban to be lifted, promoting the hashtag trend and saying that spamming both the youtube and twitch chats were "good ideas".

Don't you think that DE shuld put it up as an rule in the twitch rules?

A permanent ban is a little too far (unless this was repeat behavior), but I'm unfamiliar with Twitch's moderation options to know if temporary bans are an option.

This was his second ban, he's been banned before. And now he's broken the EULA, ToS, Video Policy and seems to forget about the Privacy policy.

He brought it upon himself and he deserves it. Now he's seeking out for a scapegoat and harassing other youtube creators. He's done this in 2014-2015 before, leaking personal email address of people he hates.

And I quote from the Rules of the Warframe Twitch Chat

"1. Don't spam the chat*

2. Don't be rude

3. Don't use all caps"

Most people that were using the hashtag were spamming chat.

I'd also like to point out that a ton of people spamming a hashtag in chat, will probably also get r9k'd. and another thing, the supporters of the party in question are usually very aggressive and harsh, so being rude would also potentially be a reason to get muted. also, once again, the hashtag if i do not recall was in all caps.

Edited by Velociel

Incorrect.

There's lots of users going around purposely trying to start riots and stir up crap based on false information like that.  Seeing as most people don't actually know what's going on and listen to the lies they're fed and verbally attack/insult DE, mods, volunteers, and other users about this, the topic never ends well.

Basically this ^

Considering that most people who bring up RevXDev in chat do so in an angry, accusatory, riot-starting manner based on false information they've been fed, simply preventing them from doing so at all is the quickest way to prevent the situation from getting out of hand.

and this too :p

i don't think they should, would only feed this guy's pride,

And I quote from the Rules of the Warframe Twitch Chat

"1. Don't spam the chat*

2. Don't be rude

3. Don't use all caps"

Most people that were using the hashtag were spamming chat.

I have read them, but does it go under the deffenition of spam when people saying !plat is not?

Edited by Mr_Hufflepuff

Lol.
"I spam twitch chat and I got banned"

Is this really what this thread is all about?

Ok, here is a friendly advise to all of yu normal players who just wanna have a nice gaming experience :

Don't get involved with Drama , Create Drama , or Drive Drama.

RevxDev is being pretty immature about making an entire drama started when he created a video about some Youtuber who exploited the Trin Prime leak.

What he should have done is to report with a link to DE IMMEDIATELY.

But he chose to create a video and cash in on the ensuing drama.

The first thing he does after getting unbanned : Attacking Quiette Shy directly by making fun of her Text-To-Speech and creating a parody video.

Don't yu guys see RevxDev is leeching off the Drama here? He makes rant videos : people watch them for Drama (LIKE ME :D)

Just pay no attention to entities that do not concern yu.

RevxDev is trying to make it seem like whatever DE has done to punish him will affect us, but if we just behave like proper, well mannered individuals, we will never get banned. Ever.

Edited by YasaiTsume

I do agree with how they are handling it, a toxic homophobe with no respect for the Devs, or other Tenno doesn't have to be put up with, as it was said before, DE is the owner of the game, and your account, they can permanently ban with or without cause.

Also inb4 thread lock.

Lol.

"I spam twitch chat and I got banned"

Is this really what this thread is all about?

Ok, here is a friendly advise to all of yu normal players who just wanna have a nice gaming experience :

Don't get involved with Drama , Create Drama , or Drive Drama.

RevxDev is being pretty immature about making an entire drama started when he created a video about some Youtuber who exploited the Trin Prime leak.

What he should have done is to report with a link to DE IMMEDIATELY.

But he chose to create a video and cash in on the ensuing drama.

The first thing he does after getting unbanned : Attacking Quiette Shy directly by making fun of her Text-To-Speech and creating a parody video.

Don't yu guys see RevxDev is leeching off the Drama here? He makes rant videos : people watch them for Drama (LIKE ME :D)

Just pay no attention to entities that do not concern yu.

RevxDev is trying to make it seem like whatever DE has done to punish him will affect us, but if we just behave like proper, well mannered individuals, we will never get banned. Ever.

I do not agree with anything RevXDev has done, but I am not agreeing with how DE is handling this either

I do not agree with anything RevXDev has done, but I am not agreeing with how DE is handling this either

Please read the rules of Warframe. All of them, including the policies. 

DE enforce their ToS, and if you keep going out of your way and proceed to break those rules. Why should DE handle this softly? Especially to an aggressive individual spreading misinformation everywhere and personally attacking other people INCLUDING the Devs.

Mentioning his name is like me yelling RIOT