Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Divine Will: The Worst Mission I've Ever Played On Warframe.

CaliburxZero

"It's slow, because it's a bossfight, and those are supposed to be difficult."

Can you spot an unwarranted leap of logic here? Slow isn't difficult. Slow is boring. That hack of a boss can't touch my Chroma, and it's not supposed to, after the amount of effort I put into it, and my Sancti Tigris can kill it in 20 seconds, but noooooo, it had to have plot armor that turned it invincible for 98% of the encounter.

Well this boss is extremely boring, just like dual boss on Phobos, but frankly, we rarely get real effort put into tactical alerts. This time we got "reskinned Jackal with gimmicks". Could be worse. Thankfully, I didn't have to do it more than twice.

how does it take an insane ammount of time? like more than 5 min? i first did it in a pug group. with no idea what to do WHILE watching the stream to figure out how to do it and we still did it. a few of us died a few times and our kubrows but far from being hard.

the lockdown can be avoided 100% if you would stop and look around hence the run and gun comment i made. people are so used to finishing a mission in 5 min or less while running and one shoting everything that when they cant they consider it bad design.

i did not even know there was a reward beyond the orokyn reactor but i still did it 4 times for the heck of it.

For a boring boss fight, that is an extremely long time.  It's artifically and uneedingly drawn out by a number of things.

1st. You can't down the boss yourself you have to preform a Hack, kill and hack again just to maybe get the boss down so you can damage it.

2nd. The boss will only stay down for 2 seconds, sometimes bugs out and gets up instantly with no damage taken.

3rd. Even if you have a high damage group, it's actually pretty useless because not only does he have timers, he has an "HP gate" so you can't burst him down with anything well coordinated.

and then the cycle repeats itself.

Again...

and again...

And again......

and again...........

etc.

It's not hard.

It's not challenging.

It's just boring.

and buggy.

I mean hell, I've solo'd the damn thing on both versions of the mission before the stream even got through just so I'd know what I was doing in a group, It really isn't hard. It's just a long, drawn out mess where you deal with infurating small mechanics that add very little to no actual entertainment and the monotony of it all culminates in things bugging out so bad you have to restart the mission or you die to god knows how many chain knock downs when you open those infinitely locking doors, which you can't fully control because sometimes it'll lock even on dead cameras (which goes back to bugs.)

So yeah. It's long, it's drawn out and it's just not fun. If it wasn't for the potential gold mine of rewards I'd never have ran it past the first time.

destroy the dam camera before you hack. there's a reason the game doesnt pause while you hack.

That's literally not what I meant.  I meant in the sense that you SOLVED the puzzle from hacking, you UNLOCK the door, and the animation of the camera zooming out back to regular third person view, it RE-LOCKS in that time.  

Edited by CaliburxZero

Dude, boss keeps disappearing from my fights, as shown in the video, it IS bad design.

I've had it happen once and it counted as we beat him.  can't say I wasn't happy lol

So yeah. It's long, it's drawn out and it's just not fun. If it wasn't for the potential gold mine of rewards I'd never have ran it past the first time.

This is literally the ONLY reason why i'll continue to attempt to stomach it on and off these next few days.

Edited by CaliburxZero

That's literally not what I meant.  I meant in the sense that you SOLVED the puzzle from hacking, you UNLOCK the door, and the animation of the camera zooming out back to regular third person view, it RE-LOCKS in that time.  

yes because the camera spotted you and locked the door again. while you hack and the animations run enemies still work around you.

The lack of information, or visual cues are a problem, and DE should do well to listen to what feedback we have to offer, but downright calling it bad is.... too zealous.

Took the first group I was in (there wasn't any information online at the time) 15 minutes to figure out how to beat the boss considering we were given absolutely nothing to go on and for most of the fight the Bursa's in the boss room were hiding under the boss  which made it literally impossible for any frame other than a Loki to hack them without being instantly downed by the bosses attacks.

And even when we started to hurt the boss everyone was confused as to what we had done.

The Lotus should have given us some information to go off of.  Even a vague hint would have been good.

destroy the dam camera before you hack. there's a reason the game doesnt pause while you hack.

Problem with this:

I was locked into a closet due to the lockdowns with a camera outside.

I would hack the console and it would cause the door to open.

My camera would be zooming out and I had no control over my frame and it would instantly lock down the tile again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

I had to abort that mission because I didn't have an AoE ability to destroy the camera and no allies were in the same tile to destroy the camera that kept spotting me through the opening door.

Meanwhile each time it got locked down it spawned more and more and more mobs outside of my closet.

I'm sorry but the lockdown is not well designed in this mission with how janky the cameras are.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Honestly if you want to speed run this for the mods it isn't hard, it just requires you to think for 5 seconds pre-mission before deciding to run and gun. To avoid lockouts use air support, it prevents any re-locking. If you REALLY want to do it quick, take Loki. Avoid all alarm troubles by staying invisible, switch teleport the Bursa's down and finish the mission in 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat. This mission is only annoying if you refuse to think about your options. Less complaints, more thinking outside of the meta.

AHAHHAHAHAHAH 

when players find something easy...... *warframe is too damn easy! i can do this in my sleep!*

when players find something hard ........ *wtf! worst event/boss/fight/enemy ever! op pls balance wtf u thinking DE!*

srsly....... this event is so much easier on a 4 man team on the boss fight.....

1 distracts razorback

1 kills bursa

1 hacks to keep bursas in

1 reserve for whatever the hell happens.....

All attack when razorback goes down...

I don't know where you got the idea that the Bursa MUST jump down to deal damage to the Razorback.

If you just defeat it on its ledge and hack there, it will also shoot at the Razorback, without ever going "yolo" and trying to stomp the Razorback.

Took the first group I was in (there wasn't any information online at the time) 15 minutes to figure out how to beat the boss considering we were given absolutely nothing to go on and for most of the fight the Bursa's in the boss room were hiding under the boss  which made it literally impossible for any frame other than a Loki to hack them without being instantly downed by the bosses attacks.

And even when we started to hurt the boss everyone was confused as to what we had done.

The Lotus should have given us some information to go off of.  Even a vague hint would have been good.

Problem with this:

I was locked into a closet due to the lockdowns with a camera outside.

I would hack the console and it would cause the door to open.

My camera would be zooming out and I had no control over my frame and it would instantly lock down the tile again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

I had to abort that mission because I didn't have an AoE ability to destroy the camera and no allies were in the same tile to destroy the camera that kept spotting me through the opening door.

Meanwhile each time it got locked down it spawned more and more and more mobs outside of my closet.

I'm sorry but the lockdown is not well designed in this mission with how janky the cameras are.

were there other players outside triggering the camera?

I don't know where you got the idea that the Bursa MUST jump down to deal damage to the Razorback.

If you just defeat it on its ledge and hack there, it will also shoot at the Razorback, without ever going "yolo" and trying to stomp the Razorback.

interesting. that makes it even easier.

Mine main issues is:

A)-Constant doorlock, like wtf if this? why? And no, tips like-"get good with hacking or bring syphers" isn't going to change it, im good at hacking, but this rate of doorlocking is unacceptable and simple stupid.

B)Those hyenas with permanent cold aura....those are just wow, you will be permanently slowed down, while this little sh*t gonna hide somewhere and run away if you spot it. I was thinking that i hate nullifiers and those are the worst enemies, oh how wrong i was.

Outside of those 2 abomination of game design this alert is tolerable. I don't gonna farm it, but maybe someone who miss puncture mod can save a little of plat with it.

were there other players outside triggering the camera?

Nope.

The other players had reached the boss room with no cameras there.

The camera that was just outside of the closet I was locked in just kept on spotting me whenever I would hack to be able to get out of the closet.

It became literally impossible for me to get out of the closet and continue the mission due to a single bad camera placement that kept the closet I was locked into locked down endlessly whenever I would open the door.

They need to make ti so that you have some amount of time (say 2 or 3 seconds) that you can destroy the camera that saw you without worrying about instant lockdowns.

I found it fun. Sure it might get a bit tedious after a few runs, but it is a certainly nice change of pace and something that actually feels likes a boss fight.

EDIT: forgot to mention the continuous doorlocks were annoying, the above was referring to the actual boss fight. 

Edited by alfaomega04

Nope.

The other players had reached the boss room with no cameras there.

The camera that was just outside of the closet I was locked in just kept on spotting me whenever I would hack to be able to get out of the closet.

It became literally impossible for me to get out of the closet and continue the mission due to a single bad camera placement that kept the closet I was locked into locked down endlessly whenever I would open the door.

They need to make ti so that you have some amount of time (say 2 or 3 seconds) that you can destroy the camera that saw you without worrying about instant lockdowns.

ok yeah that is bad placement. in a scenario like that it would be impossible to get out without someone else destroying the camera

It should be called Divine Pain.

It's easy when you get the logic and play with a few frames.

But it's definitely not what I am expecting when playing Warframe. Having to rely on an AI (Bursa shoot pillars when placed behind one, sometimes don't get on the battleground, etc.), spending time hacking instead of shooting/fighting.

It's fun the first couple of runs, then, like almost everything else it gets boring.

I'll keep playing Rhino on this one. It seems that 3rd gives the Bursa a small buff so the shield gets desactivated faster.

EDIT : also, while I don't really like the whole rooms locking thing, having to fight faster mobs is great though.

Edited by matto

ok yeah that is bad placement. in a scenario like that it would be impossible to get out without someone else destroying the camera

And DE needs to add something to prevent a bad placement from screwing the entire team.

Because they couldn't even get to me because as soon as I finished hacking it would re-lock the rooms meaning that no one could even get out of the boss room to help.

The problem with the cameras is they are too fast with the lockdowns and their LoS is too janky.

Use Air support, it prevents cameras from locking the doors. It's that easy.

That is if

-You have the air support in your gear wheel (meaning you gave up another gear for it)

-You have the liset equipped and not the Mantis or Scimitar

-More than one person brought it in case you need to do it during one persons CD.

Sorry, just slapping a bandaid like that shouldn't be the answer.

It should be called Divine Pain.

It's easy when you get the logic and play with a few frames.

But it's definitely not what I am expecting when playing Warframe. Having to rely on an AI (Bursa shoot pillars when placed behind one, sometimes don't get on the battleground, etc.), spending time hacking instead of shooting/fighting.

It's fun the first couple of runs, then, like almost everything else it gets boring.

I'll keep playing Rhino on this one. It seems that 3rd gives the Bursa a small buff so the shield gets desactivated faster.

There is one easy way around the pain my group did manage to figure out:

A mag makes the boss harmless after using BA on it.

Just slap a BA on the boss and now it literally can't hurt you.

Sure its homing missiles (which home in on invisible people even...but that's another problem) will leave the BA but they can't hurt you.

It at least makes the boss slightly less painful, though still just as boring.

Edited by Tsukinoki

This fight was so simple! You thought the invuln phases in this fight was tedious? If any boss fight was ever tedious, that would be Vay Hek. I aint the biggest fan of i-phases, but at least this fight gave me a modicum of control, and didnt steal my energy, or had a pin point soft spot every 40 seconds.

Yes the mechanics could have been better explained, but Razorback was far from the worst thing DE ever spawned. 

Those hyenas with permanent cold aura....those are just wow, you will be permanently slowed down, while this little sh*t gonna hide somewhere and run away if you spot it. I was thinking that i hate nullifiers and those are the worst enemies, oh how wrong i was.

Outside of those 2 abomination of game design this alert is tolerable. I don't gonna farm it, but maybe someone who miss puncture mod can save a little of plat with it.

Roll out of the Aura's range and run for the boss. Hyenas arent the objective, Razorback is. Have you never fought the hyena pack before?

Edited by Bongever

Also my first two runs, I was playing solo. Using Excal. I don't know what happened, I didn't know much about the event, but enter the fight -> use EB -> shoot a few times without doing damages (rad procs?) -> Razorback gets killed like in a sec without having to hack any Bursa. Weirdest bug ever for a boss fight.

The mission isn't explained anywhere, you have no clue that you need to hack Bursa's out of all things.

Worst Tactical Alert i've ever played to be honest, bursa's are pure hell which I hate, A boss with Invincibility mechanics which is now just very tedious. I'll do it for the badge and reactor, but then i'm done with this alert.

I dont understand all the complaints regarding using Bursa's though. From what I noticed, its the Bursa's death which stuns the boss, not it firing at Razorback. I just let the Bursas hop down, kill them in like 2 seconds, hack, then wait for it to die. As long as the boss is close enough (LOS not needed) it went down the moment the Bursa died.

There were times it didnt go down when the Bursas died, but those were all in co-op. Id guess it was a bug/ latency issue. Needs a little polish, but way far from the worst event ever.