Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Divine Will: The Worst Mission I've Ever Played On Warframe.

CaliburxZero

I'm gonna chime in with also absolutely hating this mission. I was playing this with two friends and on top of it being garbage to fight for all the reasons everyone has already said, the no revival zone of the electrified floors made sure I got nothing for the mission including credit towards event completion due to the, also stupid, afk system. So despite the fact that you can go through this entire tedious as hell mission and get 90% through it if you get unlucky the game can also decide that your work was pointless. It's pretty great

the big stuff is the bursa's RNG (for Tempo Royale), seems like going for a Vengeful Revenant for me. lol

I had issues with:

-spamming lockdown with no reason.

-hacked bursa alert nearby enemies.

-aggro will constantly F*** my stealth up with Razorback's homing missile.

-bursa that is used to jam Razorback's defense got stuck and die instantly, or running around doing nothing.

-DOORS are jammed shut and cannot be unlocked after beating the boss, no lockdowns active, no bursas around. It forces me to abort.

everything else, would be an issue of survivability. Meaning that we limit our own arsenal of weapons and frames to be able to survive and leave the rest to our smart Bursa buddy ^^

Edit: I run another one and I find a hilarious bug where Razorback suddenly killed himself. Also I gotta say the AI of the bursa is messed up sometimes, especially Isolator bursa.. these guys stomp at Razorback whom replies with another stomp.. so it's a long loop of stupid stomping. Also with other bursa like Drove, sometimes he shoots at thin air, do nothing and die. Same thing happened with "Denial" bursa xD

truly lame to see the boss down after a long repeated cycle of "quality" time spending run around hacking bursa to dance around like a headless chicken xD

Suggestion:

-make the boss hp drain much faster by prolonging the vulnerable time.

-fix some issue with hacked bursa.

-fix some issue I stated above.

-make the boss vulnerable to certain elemental proc?

Edited by KeGaRe

The fight was just drawn out and tedious really. The idea is great but the execution is all out of wack. Ended up having to do it on my trinity to keep everyone alive but even then people where getting tossed into the side pits or just outright dying from huge bursts. I don't think i will be doing part two since part one was excruciating. Also the ledges on the top decks geometry is all weird. I was sinking into it with some mini invisible ledge keeping me from getting up and the laser field was hitting me when i wasn't even touching it making getting to the bursa's problematic.

Hopefully DE will find a way to get feedback on this event since if i can imagine it correctly it is a fun fight. Just needs to be fine tuned and the arena needs geometry fix and its good.

Figuring out that the Bursas were how to defeat the boss was... pretty easy. Lotus repeatedly mentions them, the mission is full of them, the boss fight has at least one at any given time that's sitting around doing nothing. It exists, therefore it's to be used. This was the first time I had ever met a Bursa too.

The Hyenas few and far apart were fun to fight too. The eximus moas weren't.

The boss itself... every time I approached the Bursas I would get hit by rockets and either die or almost die. So I thought why not try the puzzle consoles? I got killed using one and assumed the doors were locked and that was why the consoles were there to be used (they always would on older bosses if not current ones too and they had been getting locked this entire mission so opening them wasn't worth a revive). So I gave up just before my friend came online and we went after this new boss together.

To make a long story short. The boss only aimed at me or at least my friend never complained about damage and the boss was always moving towards and facing me when I was alive. My friend's Frost Prime put down snow globes which stopped the boss from touching them with the rocket salvoes I only learned existed because I could see the boss rather than run from it as soon as I stepped inside a snow globe it wasn't stomping next to. Oh and friends such as Clem, a sanguine eximus and a shield osprey made it easier.

I asked my friend what frame might be able to do it besides Frost, they mentioned a number of them, most of which have been mentioned previously in this thread and the only one I had was Valkyr but I never thought I had to pick a specific frame for invulnerability/tankiness/invisibility/damage prevention of any kind from an ability to fight a boss nor did Lotus hint at it either, I just thought my infrequent hops onto Warframe meant I wasn't good enough as a player to beat it. I guess I'm not because I don't examine the bosses, enemies, missions and assassins and pick which frame to fight them with.

Edited by CosmicScientist

Overall, the event was pretty unreasonable.

I loved that Neffy made another pathetic attempt at trying to get people to fund his ponzi scheme. What I didn't like was that the boss had a damage cap limit. If I have the right weapons to destroy this piece of S#&$ robot in one shot after following all the steps to disable it, it deserves to be one-shot killed. Damage caps are the bane of everyone's existence because it really just turns the weapons you've worked to make great into peashooters. That's what I don't like about these kinds of bosses.

I'd rather fight ten Lt. Lech Krils and a platoon of Grustrag boys than fight this thing again. The only reason I'm doing it is to get a set of mods for myself and a friend.

Edited by DustyPwny

i very much wish Players would actually take out the Cameras instead of running through the map and causing constant Lockdowns and spawning 20 Bursas in one room.

and then dying.

and then i go to Revive them, i guess. 

the mechanics take a fair amount of time, but are nice.

PSA - please don't use Bullet Attractor, it just makes it take longer. the Bursas will be almost unable to Damage the legs of the razorback.

You are very rarely going to succeed at this if you're just dropping in with randoms.

patently untrue.

i've only played with Randoms so far. 100% success rate.

-snip about Loki being pointman-

Lokis would make the perfect candidate to take out cameras on the way to the fight. Alas, players don't think like that and just barrel-rush without thinking about their team.

PSA: Ivara can use Sleep Arrows on Razorback. Loki and Swith-Tely Bursas onto the field instead of having to hack even more panels.

I'm not sure I'd call it the worst tactical alert (I don't keep notes, so I can't compare), but after only the second try, I'm saying "screw this, no reward is worth this piece of ....".

To what has been said, I'd like to add two more annoyances, one of which seriously makes me question the sanity/quality tests of the devs:

*) Razorback apparently has a beam attack that hits an invisible Loki, killing it in seconds. Nice. Why not simply kill everyone without even pretending to be attacking?

*) The f...ing ditch outside of the boss area is electrified, knocking you out in seconds. Anyone tries to help you? Gets knocked out too.

As for Bursas and Cameras - might be me, but I simply didn't have the time to sit and think about the corelation of lockouts and Bursas. All I was able to think about was "Damn, alert. Damn, player down. Damn, I'm slowed down with no indicator - did I accidently switch from run to walk? Damn player down, damn lockout, etc...".

Usually I'd try to take out the cameras - but with enemies every step, I simply didn't have the time to even think about that, surviving and reviving was the more immediate concern.

It would be nice if the Lotus would actually be helpful for a change. Or perhaps the Operater - since he insists on throwing his nuggets of wisdom at us, why not make him spout something useful instead?

He's got time to ponder the relation of grineer decay and their aggression, so maybe he could instead focus on the mission and note things we might have missed?

Yup this noops... they even don't understand what to do... esp if they are russians or turkish guys :)

Was in russian team and we killed the boss in ~3 minutes. No MAG.

Do not insult.

But back to topic: I did 72 runs and had extremely fun :)

Edited by carnaga

honestly i think that the last event was the best ever (playing since March 2013). i randomly joined with a friend of mines, with no reference/guide. we had lot of fun, we used our brain to understand how to kill that boss. it was not immediate and easy. i did not even care what boss could drop, i already owned those mods from time-to-time. so far, i hope they will implement that boss once-for-all, someday. it's freaking strong and the mechanic behind it rules, teammates used to get better and fastest. awesome.

then players found the easiest way to do it, they started to make videos and wrote guides. gg that's why other players complain about any thing nowadays, in my opinion. too many things are known.

thanks.

-memeth

Edited by memeth

Even though the Tactical Alert is over now, I want to add my voice and let DE know that they should never repeat this kind of event. Having a boss with such minuscule damage caps each time he's vulnerable is bad design, because it's only there to draw out the fight to live up to the "Endurance" name. Using the Bursas to take him down is a new and interesting mechanic we haven't seen before in a boss fight, but it was implemented horribly. Their AI was stupid and frustrating, and the whole fight was extremely buggy, with Bursas just ceasing to spawn sometimes, breaking the fight. The boss's attacks suffer from all the worst problems with this game. Most of them have little to no telegraphing, and usually are almost impossible to avoid, especially if you're multitasking and hacking or fighting the Bursas. As such, skill doesn't help at all in this fight, it's just up to having the right build. Having the path to the boss made more difficult by lockdowns, by spawning Bursas on alarms, or by having Hyenas as a normal enemy could've been challenging, unique, and fun on their own, but having all three is nothing short of terrible, awful, disgusting design. On top of it all, you completely abandoned any pretense of awarding a player for logging in and putting a couple hours into a new event. Awarding the set of puncture mods as you completed the mission more times, or completed it at higher and higher difficulty levels, or completed it in faster times, any of those things, would've been a satisfying experience that still required a commitment of time to your game. Even just having the puncture mods drop randomly the way they did, but being the only thing on the drop table, would have been rewarding. However, making them share the drop table with mods easily obtainable in the normal game with much higher chances of dropping is the worst design decision of this whole event. I spent hours and hours farming this mission in frustrated stress, because it rewards high-quality mods not normally obtainable in the game. Your goal for a free-to-play model should be to keep a player coming back to the game every day for at least a little bit. For a good example, see your own crafting system and your own Sorties. You should not encourage day-long binges and you definitely should not create a frustrating and stressful situation that makes me want to quit your game, because neither of those things makes you money. This mission was both of those things. On top of and because of its frustrating, bad design, it takes way too long to complete and has too little chance of rewarding you the thing you need to stop playing it. Because of this and the fact that it's limited time, I felt pressured to play it as much as possible. I felt incredibly stressed and frustrated and angry until I just had to admit that a game shouldn't make me feel this bad and take a break. That is not what you should want your game to do. Please, learn from your mistake and never have an event like this again. Better yet, learn from your mistake and improve the rest of the game the same way, because it shares many of the problems this event was plagued by.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 10:58 AM, Firefly0037 said:

Is it slow?  Yes.  It's a boss fight.  It's supposed to be difficult and cause you to think.  

Lol. Slow? In this game? Look at it this way, I have Mag and Nyx building right now. Not only have I not fought The Sargent and Phoroid, I haven't even managed to SEE them. When I dropped into the mission all I saw was the silhouettes of players zooming off into the distance in a cloud of dust, and then a couple of minutes later Lotus was saying well done for having killed the boss and that the other players were already at extraction, while I had not even made it to the room where the fight happened let alone got any loot out of it. Um, ok, I guess.

Its actually a bit S#&$e as a new player to be stuck and lost in the middle of the map somewhere when the other guys are already at extraction complaining about the noob because it means they have to wait a whole minute to leave the mission...

4 hours ago, Himodor said:

Lol. Slow? In this game? Look at it this way, I have Mag and Nyx building right now. Not only have I not fought The Sargent and Phoroid, I haven't even managed to SEE them. When I dropped into the mission all I saw was the silhouettes of players zooming off into the distance in a cloud of dust, and then a couple of minutes later Lotus was saying well done for having killed the boss and that the other players were already at extraction, while I had not even made it to the room where the fight happened let alone got any loot out of it. Um, ok, I guess.

Its actually a bit S#&$e as a new player to be stuck and lost in the middle of the map somewhere when the other guys are already at extraction complaining about the noob because it means they have to wait a whole minute to leave the mission...

Phorid and the sergeant are both on the list to be reworked, as they're not up to par.  And that's also usually how matchmaking works for public matches.

I know this thread is kind old but just heads up for console players:
Use Loki, and experience Metal Gear Loki: Profit Eater.

Another tips: When Razorbacks launched missiles, wait a while then Switch Teleport with it ;)

So yeah, my experience with Divine Will is pretty great, even though the Bursas can be pretty stupid at times.