Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.11

DE_Adam

It's pretty sad. The first response to this thread had twice as many upvotes as Adam's OP post did, which just goes to show how many people were cheesed off by that change.

I hope this gets addressed in a "NON-EVASIVE" manner on Monday at least.

"Non-Evasive" <<< exactly, but yeah a sudden decrease on the focus gain really grind people's gears. I hope its just a bug or so...

"Non-Evasive" <<< exactly, but yeah a sudden decrease on the focus gain really grind people's gears. I hope its just a bug or so...

It was really bad timing, especially when people were already salty over Baro's consumable assassin beacons for 200 Ducats, as well as the boss in the Tac Alert being another invincibility wall boss. This weekend is gonna be messy on the Warframe forums.

Also, it's not a bug. It was added to the 18.4.10 update notes a day later by Rebecca.

gr8.... higher focus cap in trade for never reaching it ever again/...and i thought that the new focus buff that multiplys by 6 for 40 seconds wasnt actually doing anything when i solo stealthed pallas ceres.....GR8 NOW I HAVE TO WORK EVEN MORE HARD JUST TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR THERE!!!! if it wasnt a grind b4... it is even more so now

gr8.... higher focus cap in trade for never reaching it ever again/...and i thought that the new focus buff that multiplys by 6 for 40 seconds wasnt actually doing anything when i solo stealthed pallas ceres.....GR8 NOW I HAVE TO WORK EVEN MORE HARD JUST TO GET ANYWHERE NEAR THERE!!!! if it wasnt a grind b4... it is even more so now

Except that EVERYONE gets the focus even if it is 1/4. So 4* 1/4 = 1 and the total focus before sharing is the same if you are in a full group. This is only a nerf if you solo farmed affinity or were the RJ excal farming draco and wanted all the focus. Try something new before raging about the big bad nerf?

Except that EVERYONE gets the focus even if it is 1/4. So 4* 1/4 = 1 and the total focus before sharing is the same if you are in a full group. This is only a nerf if you solo farmed affinity or were the RJ excal farming draco and wanted all the focus. Try something new before raging about the big bad nerf?

This is not correct.

Shared affinity is split between all items, what means you need a lens on every item to get the full shard XP converted to focus and you would need to  be in range all the time. Even with the focus boosters that only works out in interception, where you now get just 15-20% less.

For other stuff you look at 30% of what you did get before the changes, solo excavation(what I actually used before the changes for my focus points) or mobile defence are probably the worst now, since you can't go around the map to pick up boosters, you have to defend a certain position and you are stuck there.

I for myself can't see drako any more, the main point why I did solo excavation is that I am tiered of running the same thing over and over for a hour or more every single day with all the afkers and lechers. This change means people have to go back to drako or do stealth XP runs, everything else is currently simply not viable with the changes, what is a problem and not desirable from my point of view.

Edited by Djego27

Kinda sick of all the "try this and that but! in a team". In this game, public/coop play is a sad necessity and nothing more. Even if (if) you have no leechers in your team and generally have nothing against it, there's still:

1. Host crashes, where you lose all your rewards in the void. Happened several times in a boring long T3 defense, resulting in losing Ash's bp and Frost's I don't remember what already. That was a great reward, especially since it was always wave 38 or 39 - almost an hour out of the window.

2. You can crash during the session, but even if you're able to re-connect with the squad, game woud deny your progress and if you was doing defence or surv, it will start counting from wave 1 again and you'll lose all previous rewards.

3. Today one of the guys (not the host but the owner of the key) crashed, for us mission was failed and we got nothing out of it and he, on top of that, lost his key, cause I guess by that point we killed all the enemies in that exterm mission.

4. If we're talking about the regular missions, no freaking guarantee people wiill stay in 50 meters near you at all times. Especially in missions like excavations.

5. Long solo runs granted (before the nerf) so lil focus if you were using only one lens that it wasn't even worth it - did a mistalke installing a lens on valkyr, she barely made 10-12k focus after 70 minutes of t2-3 surv. 

All things considering, don't see the point in bothering with the current focus at all. 1,5%? To the void with it.

Still no fix for: pixelated assassin sigils. The Grustrag, Stalker, and Zanuka Sigils are all very pixelated, especially evident when you enlarge them. I noticed that the pixelation on the mastery sigil was fixed, but these still haven't been. Please DE, this would be such a simple fix and it would allow me to use 3 of my favorite sigils. They're so cool looking but the pixelation just ruins the asthetic.

i now find it pointless to farm pallas ceres solo as loki with naramon lenses on all weps and loki p..  i now find it redundant and unconsequential as to whether or not i focus farm at all... the 5% lenses were actually ok.... now if the gr8er lenses were buffed to 5% or 7% as they were previously.... then this crap would be a buff with the weird drop that shows up and multiplies focus gain by 6...that would then be a real buff... something worth having... you know? but currently... you just took a broken system.. and broke it further.... if it wasn't crap b4... it is now

There seems to be a problem with xp gain. I just did a draco run with excalibur with 3 low rank weapons (to level them up), all were about the same level to start with. I primarily used exalted blade to get kills as none of my weapons were very effective. After 4 rounds I had 67k xp for both primary and secondary weapons, but only 1.1k for my melee weapon. How the hell does that make sense? Yes I was using my abilities, but why would the melee weapon be excluded from the xp gains? Please fix this. It's hard enough to level up melee weapons as it is without this bug getting in the way.

-snipped because rant-

I'm still going to take a screenshot of this post, though, because deleting posts is dishonest and shows that you don't care about your community's opinions or feelings and you should be held accountable. I will be tweeting these directly at Steve, Rebecca, the main Warframe account, and others if they're deleted, asking why the faces we know aren't speaking up against this dishonest behaviour.

EDIT: Let me be very specific about the idea, since that can only help.

1. Reset the lens values to 5% and 7% or whatever they were.

2. Lower Convergence multiplier to like 2x or 4x and the duration to 10-15 seconds. (Also potentially cap its upper gain so it's not TOO much when around lots of enemies)

3. Lower the rate of Convergence token spawns to under 1/10th of their current spawn rate.

This would more than likely remove the rage that has surrounded this issue, as it is still a small bonus, nobody is getting short-changed, you guys will make an absolute killing in platinum sales because lenses will be even more valuable, and everyone wins.

Or keep it how it is and watch people vote with their wallets against you...though I doubt your intentions were to make people mad in the first place. That is how the chips fell, though, so it would be better to accept that gracefully and try to fix up the damage you caused yourselves.

I love this game, but after this fiasco, I'm not gonna be buying platinum again until this is fixed.

Edited by GamingVirtue

Hey guys - sorry for posting again in the patch notes thread but it starts to nag me pretty nasty.

Connectivity issues. I see players drop out of game sessions all the time, specially in LoR. You know it is pretty nasty to get your support wrecked. Lagsvile also is a thing - after we hit the current version I am pretty grateful I main Ember instead of some more manual oriented frame, since my response time is limited a lot.

The affinity system? Man, let's not poke in that. A lot of people say many things about it, again I am just happy I did get to level up naramon in December, otherwise I would moan a lot about how grindy and cringe worthy the current system is.

Proposal? Please stop hiding behind Dev Streams. I said it before, I am going to say it again - many players don't have the means to do 1 hour research before game sessions just to see what's up in forum and streams. Be more open about what you want to do, and give as an option to evaluate what is going on from within the client. 

Overall, I like the game. I am kinda sad rhino and boltor will be gone soon (they were part of my growing up as young tenno), and I like that you guys put a lot of effort in the game. Here's to the hope we get prisma/wraith Galatine soon for the heavy blades fan club.

Another possible issue from this update...  

Is it just me or is flappy zephyr and wyrmius gone?  :(

Edit:  Never mind...  I have no idea what happened..  just a minute ago the Z and W slots were gone.. now they're back.  Happened for both me and my kid.

Edited by maldiablo