Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.11

DE_Adam

ZtBrjRp.jpg

Changes:

• Changes have been made to Exterminate mini-map enemy markers to always show the enemy furthest from the objective to prevent excessive backtracking.
  • Increased the Divine Will Razorback's trigger volume in the boss arena to activate when all players enter the room instead of just within the four pillars.
  • A message will now be shown to indicate when a G3/Zanuka/Stalker 'bait/mark' can not be used in a mission.
  • Changed the description and names of Baro's 'Mark' items to better indicate their purpose and usability. They are now called Beacons.
  • Slightly tweaked the 'Ship Lockdown' logic in Divine Will to only lockdown doors that are between the player that activated the lockdown and the boss arena rather than the whole ship.

Fixes:

• Fixed players not seeing their daily Focus caps reset right away in-game.
  • Fixed issues with players escaping the level in the Jordas Verdict trial.
  • Fixed an issue where the Shadow Stalker was not being spawned for eligible players who were using Stalker Bait.
  • Fixed an issue with Bursas being stuck on their platforms in the Divine Will Tactical Alert.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when returning to your Landing Craft. 

Alright, thanks.

This event. I mean.....ugh. Just UGH. I'd use harsher words but you get the point.

I was locked out of the Razborback battle as it was going on just now.  3 allies made it in. I didn't.  I have an image to prove it though there is profanity in the message box for warranted reasons.  Unstuck didn't work. Then host migration and then we went back to the Liset due to whatever double layer of failure occurred

You're not the only one. Can't really start at how bad this event is, I mean I thought Shadow debt was bad but this stuff is kinda even worse in many aspects. Why for the love of god we have to hack so many consoles this time around? What is this, some spy-like hell? If you're not careful you have to hack consoles every like 5 meters of the way before the boss fight even starts, and when it starts it gets only worse. We get it, we get the concept - but why so many dem consoles? Those lockdowns for now annoy me more than anything.

Bossfight in endurance is ridiculously long and boring too. I set up a timer and it lasts for 8 minutes in solo (meaning it's, I believe, the fastest way unless you have a really good team. Which you don't 99% of the times). The only word taht can describe enemies in this whole alert - annoying. It's not hard, it's not interesting, it's not really even new. Just annoying as hell.

Drops are a lil better than of those in Shadow debt but still frustrating as ever, toxic mods shouldn't be there. Why they are here? You already made them avaible in any T4 mission. We don't need them here.

give DE a damn break ok? they first need to find out how to fix it in order to fix it. you try figuring out how to fix the bug and tell me how hard it is. they will fix it eventually so be patient till then

Stealth-nerfing Focus gains across the board to make players chase the Convergence orbs != bug. 

Besides, if it *was* a bug the entire QA team should just quit their jobs - you don't roll out builds to live servers without you know, *testing* the latest changes first. 

Should I be worried that my Staticor periodically doesnt function properly after this hot fix? It will consume ammo when I fire, but end up looking like a fool for shadow boxing. Just now had is stop functioning during a Deception mission solo...

Or has this been a known issue and I've been unaware of it until now?

Nope, just went through a round of that as well.  It makes sounds like a toy Staticor, but doesn't have any effects- no shots, no static charge to detonate, nothing.

give DE a damn break ok? they first need to find out how to fix it in order to fix it. you try figuring out how to fix the bug and tell me how hard it is. they will fix it eventually so be patient till then

No. There's this thing called testing, and it doesn't feel like DE partakes in it.

If they were to have a small but diverse group of players as designated testers who could access a specific test server and play through changes two weeks before the slated release date, we wouldn't have the forums going into full seizure mode because the intended results were not achieved.

This is just lazy.

No. There's this thing called testing, and it doesn't feel like DE partakes in it.

It's quite obvious already. The second part of the current alert, for instance, is freaking ridiculous. Place is swarming with mini-bosses, you get locked every step of the way and one-shoted by a boss. And even freaking hyenas. The first part of the event was just fine, but what happened to the second part? Instead of just adding another quest we got same quest again with oweprowered never-ending hordes of enemies that are kinda not hard to defeat but it takes away all of the remaining fun to play it. It's straight up lazy and overall a bad design/idea. 

And the worst part? Everyone still keep playing. Because some are too  broke to afford buying this mod set or just too greedy to pass out an opportinity to make a fortune later yet gain selling this set. And how exactly this event benefits new players with mr 12 or under? It was supposed to be the chance to get the mods, but with this level of (artificial) difficulty it's nearly impossible. I mean like if this was one run - one set thing, it might've been fine, but with this damn RNG it's a whole different story.

Should I be worried that my Staticor periodically doesnt function properly after this hot fix? It will consume ammo when I fire, but end up looking like a fool for shadow boxing. Just now had is stop functioning during a Deception mission solo...

Or has this been a known issue and I've been unaware of it until now?

I was experiencing this last night pre-hotfix during MD. It seems picking up a Datamass breaks it, and it was tested both as host / solo, as well as being a client.

Id also like to throw my voice in there about the disappointment on supposed fixes to make focus better actually being nerfed. Grindfarm Prime.

One step forward, three steps back mentality.

Edited by unmog

The hell are you talking about!? It takes weeks to max some of the schools, and I'm not talking about maxing all of the paths, just some. Have you been playing the game at all? It takes 50k just to unlock one way and 10-40 to unlock each 'rank'. Mindless fanboying.

Versus mindful ignorance of the actual point of what that Tenno was saying. People are saying some really rude S#&$ about and to DE for capping their ability to blast through all the content in the game as fast as they can, then sit around and complain about not having content.

Call me mindless, if you really must, (not that it'd be true, or contribute in any way to the argument,) but I like the Focus system. The powers have some interesting potential, and having a super long-term goal is nice. Something to work towards nice and slow, instead of "Hurry up and run X farming spot as fast a you can to get the thing you want now, now, now."

I mean, I've been there, wanting the super awesome thing I can't wait to have, but having to wait three full days to have it. (First crafted Warframe, anyone?) It sucks. But there's tons of content. I mean, surely there's something you like about the game that isn't grinding for the new thing, just to have said new thing? If not, why the hell would you play? I can't imagine someone making a video game part of their daily chores instead of the thing they play to relax and have fun. Pick up your favorite warframe, make a loadout for all your favorite stuff, go find a node at the appropriate level/tileset/faction/mission and have fun instead of grinding. Any Focus you acquire, rare mods you find, or weapons you rank will be that much sweeter. It's what I do, and I'm having a blast.

EDIT; Addendum.

Which is not to say I'm entirely happy with Focus. There are some problems. The Tokens will sometimes spawn in rooms that are spatially next to the one you're in, but which force you to run through five or more rooms to get to it. Not big, but it's a problem. Personally, I liked the Co-op aspect of Warframe, so the fact that Focus doesn't share is a little disappointing. Again, nothing big. Small things that I'd like to be tweaked, but don't necessarily need them.

Mostly, I'm just saying (and agreeing with the Tenno you replied to,) that people could be less S#&$ty about it. It does nothing to help the situation, and 'having a bad day' doesn't justify some of the really, really S#&$ty things people say.

Edited by KaraOgata