Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion On Operation Divine Will - Why It's Awesome!

OoKeNnEtHoO

Despite all the hate of the event, I will now give my opinion on why it is superb in concept.

Granted the execution is extremely poor, since the AI of the Bursas is not good causing the Bursas to not always do what is intended, I still believe this is a step in the right direction.

The main reason we see so many failures now and hate of the event is simply due to players having been conditioned to think in this manner:
Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame = High DPS = Win

This is simply due to the enemies having been bullet sponges for a long long long long time (I have been around for some time so I have seen the days when the Jackal was the only boss which isn't a bullet sponge)

I have seen the improvements in the boss fights with similar concepts and I applaud DE for it.

So, what exactly did the concept of this event brought us.

The answer: Brains

Or rather some thinking involvement on the part of the player.

In the above equation,
Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame = High DPS = Win
simply imply that a player who has spent much time in this game will in essence always beat a new player (not in the traditional sense of PVP but rather in the sense of mission usefulness - ie. how useful he is to the team)

However, by adding in Brains
Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame + Brains = High DPS + Brains = Win

Suddenly, even if you have a low DPS, with brains, you have a chance to win.

In other words, a smart and observant new player can and will be able to tell an experienced/well-equipped player who may not be too observant or intellectually inclined how to beat the boss/enemy. Hence, contributing to the team and also raising his/her usefulness.

This is also a form of player involvement where stats do not matter, it can also be called gaming skill because if you played enough video games, the concept/solution to this boss fight would have came quickly to you, assuming you have not been too heavily conditioned to think that high DPS will ensure victory no matter what.

So, once again, I applaud DE on taking the right step.

However, I must agree and reiterate that the execution is extremely poor. As for why, I believe the many hate threads for the tactical alert will shed some light on it.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I been running this set up

Shatter Impact on a weapon/running body count and blood rush.....Build up the damage get it up high at the same time taking away the enemy armor which is either a visual bug for the host or the clients because when I did while being host i could see the boss life go red but when i did this as client his life stayed yellow and in addition the client said his life had not change while I never asked the host .

Well and then when my teammates bring the bursa down and we drop the defense get a few quick attacks in doing massive damage in that short open window we already have.

Warframe i notice are good for this type of combo

Excalibur-blind and damage

Trinity-health and blessing

Chroma-health or armor

valkyr-because know she good at living and staying alive

Limbo-because you also know he is good at staying alive

Loki-Because i don't got to say it

Agreed. I really like the boss since it isn't a cheese n' win type anymore. I took quite a while to beat the first mission using Excal and a Latron P. My only gripe is how little info we have regarding the Bursas being the key to disabling its shields. The Lotus could've at least told the player that we can make the Bursa turn on its allies by hacking its behind. Because in the previous encounters, its purpose were either to donate money or to disable its shielding so(which doesn't matter if the player's weapon can do enough damage), some players might think of hacking its back as useless by now. I found out about it after deciding to hack the back of one just for the heck of it. Also, a player trying to beat it wouldn't any clue whatsoever whenever the bug where Bursas stop spawning occurs.

Edited by Knightmare047

while i agree that thinking is useful in this Mission - Stats is still incredibly important, in the vein of trying to Hack a Bursa or deal Damage to the Razorback without a lot of Damage Mods is going to make the fight take even longer than it normally does.

with going through Damage stages in a second or two (on both the Bursas and the Razorback itself), it's still probably going to take ~15-20 minutes. because you spend a fair chunk of time over and over waiting for the game to redo a repeating stage, like Spawning a Bursa or Et Cetera.

if you take forever to deal any Damage, you aren't going to have a particularly entertaining time because it's just going to take way too long to complete the Mission, the Player(s) involved will lose interest.

anyways, this is a really fun Mission to play. if i had to have 'Raids' in a game i'm playing, this is what i'd call a good 'Raid'.

it isn't gameover just because you don't have 100% uptime mapwide CC and turning off the game, but it's still quite challenging. you can't steamroll the Mission, but you don't get beat into a pulp just because you can't steamroll it.

difficult, but actually fun to play.

aside from some quirks left in the Bursa AI(as well as sometimes the hacked Bursa almost instantly dies to the Razorback for some reason, doesn't make much sense) and the game Spawning more than it's fair share of Bursas outside of the actual Boss fight (not too uncommon to end up with one section of the map with like 15,20+ Bursas because Players don't take out the Cameras and such. yes they're failing to do what they should do, but Spawning that many starts to get unfun beacuse you get CC locked and Et Cetera).

i'll be spending most of my weekend playing this Event. 

- - - - - 

Edit:

i can't really comment on the mechanics of the fight though, from previous Events with Bursas, i know what they can do(or how they work, however you want to word it) and the fact that they were inside the Razorback Arena was an instant click for me because of that. the 4 hack panels were also an instant click as soon as i saw a Bursa spawn behind one, Et Cetera.

oh, one last thing - because 100% uptime mapwide CC isn't mandatory to play, the only 'requirement' is a Trinity, and past that there's a ton of interesting choices Players can make.

since the Razorback by mechanics + new mechanics and even identical Mod Drops suggests to me it's a replacement for Jackal, in the presumption that the Damage the Razorback is higher in this Event than it will be in some potential permanent Mission, a Trinity wouldn't be extremely important.

and that would be great, a challenging Mission that doesn't require any of the MMO tropes, just use things that you're good with and can apply well. god knows i got tired of the generic team setup almost a decade ago. you know what it is, Healer Tank Support. yawn. i want my games to be as far away from that extremely bland trope as possible.

Edited by taiiat

while i agree that thinking is useful in this Mission - Stats is still incredibly important, in the vein of trying to Hack a Bursa or deal Damage to the Razorback without a lot of Damage Mods is going to make the fight take even longer than it normally does.

with going through Damage stages in a second or two (on both the Bursas and the Razorback itself), it's still probably going to take ~15-20 minutes. because you spend a fair chunk of time over and over waiting for the game to redo a repeating stage, like Spawning a Bursa or Et Cetera.

if you take forever to deal any Damage, you aren't going to have a particularly entertaining time because it's just going to take way too long to complete the Mission, the Player(s) involved will lose interest.

Ah yes, of course, I too definitely agree that stats is also important=)

Hence why the new equation is:

Maxed Out Mods + Maxed Out Frame + Maxed Out Weapons + Knowledge on the frame + Brains = High DPS + Brains = Win

Instead of:

Brains = Win

It's just that this event provided us with a challenge (bugs and much needed fixes in execution of the concept aside) which required more than just equipment and stats to beat.

This also provided newbies who do not have the needed equipment some way to help the team instead of just leeching and not being able to do anything which would likely bore them as well.

oh, one last thing - because 100% uptime mapwide CC isn't mandatory to play, the only 'requirement' is a Trinity, and past that there's a ton of interesting choices Players can make.

since the Razorback by mechanics + new mechanics and even identical Mod Drops suggests to me it's a replacement for Jackal, in the presumption that the Damage the Razorback is higher in this Event than it will be in some potential permanent Mission, a Trinity wouldn't be extremely important.

and that would be great, a challenging Mission that doesn't require any of the MMO tropes, just use things that you're good with and can apply well. god knows i got tired of the generic team setup almost a decade ago. you know what it is, Healer Tank Support. yawn. i want my games to be as far away from that extremely bland trope as possible.

Agreed!

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO