The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makes Me Wonder If I Should Quit This Game

Koodaris

I've literally done over 150 spy missions lvl 25+ in Ceres (Hapke, Lex) and Pluto (Oceanum)

For the first time in 2 years i've run out of a material, which is ferrite that was spent on all the ciphers. Oh, did i mention i've yet to get my Ivara blueprint? On top of that, i only once got the Ivara helmet during these runs which i already have.

RNG doesnt have to be bad, but this however, is absolutely disgusting. I think this really needs a fix because who the hell is seriously going to do 150 spy missions for just a CHANCE at getting a part of a warframe? Now consider not every player is also a diehard grind maniac like me or a few others of you here. 

-Mic drop-

I've literally done over 150 spy missions lvl 25+ in Ceres (Hapke, Lex) and Pluto (Oceanum)

For the first time in 2 years i've run out of a material, which is ferrite that was spent on all the ciphers. Oh, did i mention i've yet to get my Ivara blueprint? On top of that, i only once got the Ivara helmet during these runs which i already have.

RNG doesnt have to be bad, but this however, is absolutely disgusting. I think this really needs a fix because who the hell is seriously going to do 150 spy missions for just a CHANCE at getting a part of a warframe? Now consider not every player is also a diehard grind maniac like me or a few others of you here. 

-Mic drop-

there, that's your problem

take a break, do something else

I was even considering buying Ivara because of all the complaints I've read on the forums back when she was released.

But I was levelling some other stuff first and I frequently do Spy missions for these things, so I hadn't set my mind to going after Ivara anyway. 3 of those parts just dropped for me at some point and getting the 4th was not all that much of a time sink afterwards.

TL;DR: I think RNG just hates you right now.

Edited by Kontrollo

To be honest when I know a new frame is coming I simply save up my plat and buy it, I've been playing for three years now and the same old song and dance has been going on that they are going to fix the drop rate, for myself, and this may not be true of others, but getting to play with the new stuff if what is fun for me, not hoping beyond hope if something will drop.

The thing with loot drops in this game, it really is just luck. Rewards are determined by a random number generator; it's a lot like rolling some dice. Rewards have % chance based weights (with the better rewards being a lower % and the fodder rewards being a higher %). It's a lot like roulette; there are some rewards which have a higher % chance of winning, and some which are much smaller.

Sorry to hear you're down on your luck, but perhaps your luck will change in time.

The thing with loot drops in this game, it really is just luck. Rewards are determined by a random number generator; it's a lot like rolling some dice. Rewards have % chance based weights (with the better rewards being a lower % and the fodder rewards being a higher %). It's a lot like roulette; there are some rewards which have a higher % chance of winning, and some which are much smaller.

Sorry to hear you're down on your luck, but perhaps your luck will change in time.

Thus the reason why I have never gambled, in World of Warships, like any game, there is a grind, but a grind with a clear goal in mind, you accumulate XP to purchase the next class of ship, and of course the better the ship the higher the XP cost, but there is no RNG involved in the reward, you know what your getting and it's up to you how long it takes. This kind of grind I don't mind.

Got ivara in 105 runs total.
Didn't use a single cipher. Didn't even start [redacted to keep it civil]. Did my spy runs when i had the mood for it, wasn't doing them non-stop.

Nothing ever will be perfect, but how much you like something is largely influenced by your own attitude, not the quality of the stuff.

tbh, after reading that you used up all the ferrite for ciphers, my first thought was "wtf man, you use ciphers? Uninstall now!"

Edited by Rociel