Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome Volt Rework Ideas... What's Yours?

sLashx189

we all know volt, ya know, the warframe that was supposed to be alternate to gun-play... hue hue hue, but really, who would use volts abilities to offset guns i mean, srsly. but really though volt is not a bad frame, all he needs is a little more synergy and a HUGE overhaul to his ultimate ability and he could be somewhat amazing.... what are your guys ideas for a perfect volt? me personally, i would LOVE for him to have a toggle ultimate... maybe something like this? 

and yes i play this forbidden fruit of a game 

<3 you know you love it

Edited by lashakanisgod

when i mean synergy i mean like, passing through volt sheild while in speed give a speed boost, able to cause sheild while running, shock being able to crit and gets the benefits of electric shields bonuses when passed through, and if this super ever happens, then it also being able to pass through volts sheild

When i saw the video, i thought, what is that .... Then I thought, ... a channeling ability would be too good on volt, but not something like that, no no, it would be like copying, even thought lightning skills like these are present in all games.

That for his final? Way no, it is already good and scenography ... and on the chat of the founders, they proposed a good tweak for it, so I'm not going with your idea... but ... buuut on his first skill? Something like atlas? Something that scales with the mods on your rifle? Something that will give you an alternative to fireweapons?

So from what you proposed and from what I see as a good Volt and preservative rework, do that on his first skill, just make that it will instastun or volt's lover (like me) will miss its first skill.

P.S I would like to see even that his shield would be able to reflect granates and missle, just like nullifier bubble.

P.S.S : We can dream, but something like that will be hard to program and will require a lot of money, pratically it will be impossible to have it on warframe, but if you think about it, it a bit similar to amprex, just change the animation.

P.S.S.S: Electric status need a rework! It is the worst elemental damage in the game by far. Maybe doing that every proc status will reduce the resistence to damage types?

P.S.S.S.S: is this the wrong section?

Edited by DoctorWild

Step one: Change Overload so it's a toggled ability with an entirely different use.

Step two: When the Overload 2.0 is activated, Volt's abilities cost less (or no) energy gain the following:

-Shock: Tapping the power key is basically the same, but with more damage. Holding the power key makes shock become a two-handed ability. Volt will now fire two streams of electricity from his hands that chain towards other nearby enemies (like Amprex, but with twice the beams!)

-Speed: When activated, creates a 10m explosion of electricity around all players affected by the ability. Electric explosion happens again when the ability ends.

-Electric Shield: Tapping the skill key works as normal and deploys stationary shield. Holding it creates a frontal shield that moves with Volt. The shield also now works like an arc trap and zaps nearby enemies.

Step three: ???

Step four: Profit. 

Edited by xZetsumeix

Only one thing resumed in 2 words.

UNLIMITAAA POWAAAAAAA

palpatine is my senpai <3

Step one: Change Overload so it's a toggled ability with an entirely different use.

Step two: When the Overload 2.0 is activated, Volt's abilities cost less (or no) energy gain the following:

-Shock: Tapping the power key is basically the same, but with more damage. Holding the power key makes shock become a two-handed ability. Volt will now fire two streams of electricity from his hands that chain towards other nearby enemies (like Amprex, but with twice the beams!)

-Speed: When activated, creates a 10m explosion of electricity around all players affected by the ability. Electric explosion happens again when the ability ends.

-Electric Shield: Tapping the skill key works as normal and deploys stationary shield. Holding it creates a frontal shield that moves with Volt. The shield also now works like an arc trap and zaps nearby enemies.

Step three: ???

Step four: Profit. 

2 words, speed, toggle......

The way I see it:

*Shock needs more reliable stun and maybe increase to number of targets with range/duration.

*Speed needs to increase everything, from maneuvers to reloa speed, maybe not as much, but still.

*Electrical Shield needs to finally stop AoE damage (it should stop damage at molecular level, come on) and stun on crossing (basic logic).

*Maybe the ult should give our "tactical mastermind" 4 special tesla-like emitters (used as throwing knives), that create an area between them? And if it's small, it deals absolutely crazy for an ability amounts of damage (not scaling with weapon's mods, but rather with shields/amount of enemies) , which weakens if the area is bigger. And all the stuns, of course.

When i saw the video, i thought, what is that .... Then I thought, ... a channeling ability would be too good on volt, but not something like that, no no, it would be like copying, even thought lightning skills like these are present in all games.

That for his final? Way no, it is already good and scenography ... and on the chat of the founders, they proposed a good tweak for it, so I'm not going with your idea... but ... buuut on his first skill? Something like atlas? Something that scales with the mods on your rifle? Something that will give you an alternative to fireweapons?

So from what you proposed and from what I see as a good Volt and preservative rework, do that on his first skill, just make that it will instastun or volt's lover (like me) will miss its first skill.

P.S I would like to see even that his shield would be able to reflect granates and missle, just like nullifier bubble.

P.S.S : We can dream, but something like that will be hard to program and will require a lot of money, pratically it will be impossible to have it on warframe, but if you think about it, it a bit similar to amprex, just change the animation.

P.S.S.S: Electric status need a rework! It is the worst elemental damage in the game by far. Maybe doing that every proc status will reduce the resistence to damage types?

P.S.S.S.S: is this the wrong section?

yea, i like ur ideas, but, i would like to go lord palpatine on thy grineer arse

The way I see it:

*Shock needs more reliable stun and maybe increase to number of targets with range/duration.

*Speed needs to increase everything, from maneuvers to reloa speed, maybe not as much, but still.

*Electrical Shield needs to finally stop AoE damage (it should stop damage at molecular level, come on) and stun on crossing (basic logic).

*Maybe the ult should give our "tactical mastermind" 4 special tesla-like emitters (used as throwing knives), that create an area between them? And if it's small, it deals absolutely crazy for an ability amounts of damage (not scaling with weapon's mods, but rather with shields/amount of enemies) , which weakens if the area is bigger. And all the stuns, of course.

hmm, this could work

DONT let shield be mobile

Have shock's stun scale on power duration. Make shocking speed innate.

Electric shield is fine the way it is, i'd give it somee scalibility by casting multiple, likee reducing returns 1st shield doubles crit (current) next only adds an extra 25% of it's already doubled damage. the damage then drops to 6.25 and so on. each shield is still giivingg a very large damage buff due to the fact that they add based off the already bufffed damage, howeever the number's won't break the game Like they could have at one point. also, enemies killed by bullets from electric shield add affinity as an ability kill. plz

Ultimate needs complete rework..

here is my suggestion- a drain based Warding halo clone.  the differences being as follows

Volt shines with his energy color and starts  shooting sparks off of him, all damage delivered to him in the ability's duration/drain (either would work) is multiplied by power strength and delivered to the closest enemy via arcing lighting bolts(the range of enemies that can be targeted is based off power range).  The ability does puree electric damage and is very costly to maintain(10-15 energy a second, for reference that's slightly faster than Mirage's disco ball)

Volt is the best warframe to handle an ability like this,, a newer player would love a perfect shield like this while  playing through like an oh S#&amp;&#036; button. And it's true power would only be unlocked by having a volt prime with strong primed flow.  Volt has the largest energy pool in the game so a channeling ability should fit him quite well.

IMO the only power that really needs a fix is Overload. So here's my proposition: It would be like WoF but with lightning bolts emanating from Volt and striking enemies (multiple, depending on their range) dealing 200,000 electricity damage per bolt. Before you say "that's ridiculously OP!" let me remind you; this is electricity we're talking about, high enough amperage can disintegrate a human. If you're silly enough to not believe me, look up videos of an arc flash.

IMO the only power that really needs a fix is Overload. So here's my proposition: It would be like WoF but with lightning bolts emanating from Volt and striking enemies (multiple, depending on their range) dealing 200,000 electricity damage per bolt. Before you say "that's ridiculously OP!" let me remind you; this is electricity we're talking about, high enough amperage can disintegrate a human. If you're silly enough to not believe me, look up videos of an arc flash.

maybe keep it a bit lower than 200k but let in scale off primary weapon mods, making it able to crit and such, but damn, i would love a palpatine ultimate

I would say let his Overload bring him to and Exalted mode, where he cannot use any weapons but all his abilities are augmented. 

1. Shock will receive similar treatment to Landslide/ Ripline, increasing its cone of fire and damage and decreasing its cost when combo'd. This skill can be used normally by using the 1 key, or can be used to do a special electric whip-sword combo by pressing E which drains energy per use. Scales with melee mods.

2. Speed will grant the buff and allows you to use RMB to shock any enemies around you as long as the buff is active, draining energy for as long as the button is held. Scales with Pistol mods.

3. Electric shield will be casted as normal. LMB when aiming at the shield will cause a lightning spear to fire from the shield, lowering its duration by x%. Damage of lightning spears scale with Primary mods.

Overload will charged by the damage dealt when active and will be capped at a specific amount. When Overload is deactivated, Volt will do his usual animation and overload all electronics to deal damage to enemies.

Edited by Agentawesome

I would say let his Overload bring him to and Exalted mode, where he cannot use any weapons but all his abilities are augmented. 

1. Shock will receive similar treatment to Landslide/ Ripline, increasing its cone of fire and damage and decreasing its cost when combo'd. This skill can be used normally by using the 1 key, or can be used to do a special electric whip combo by pressing E which drains energy per use. Scales with melee mods.

2. Speed will grant the buff and allows you to use RMB to shock any enemies around you as long as the buff is active, draining energy for as long as the button is held. Scales with Pistol mods.

3. Electric shield will be casted as normal. LMB when aiming at the shield will cause a lightning spear to fire from the shield, lowering its duration by x%. Damage of lightning spears scale with Primary mods.

Overload will charged by the damage dealt when active and will be capped at a specific amount. When Overload is deactivated, Volt will do his usual animation and overload all electronics to deal damage to enemies.

i knew one of y'all would like the palpatine super lol

I was thinking since he controls electricity that he should be able to to create plasma and manipulate it. Plasma edges on his arms that could be extended with a mouse scroll. Long blades = lance stance. Medium= whips, Short=quick jabs.

So in the kind of way that Ivara can tilt her weapon Volt can kind of change between 3 exalted modes (alternative to gunplay.)

Why so many player want a radical change of Volt? XD He is already pretty good, i thought just some tweaks were enough, and please don't come out with ability that even can be related with excalibur EB, com'on have a bit of creativity.

Edited by DoctorWild

Have Shock be affected by duration and let it jump forth and back multiple times till duration expires or till there's one enemy left (nowhere else to jump)

Speed, self only. (because, screw them, I'm done seeing overpowered Exalted Blades, Hysterias and I'm still gonna buff them? It's the one good thing Volt has and I purposely have to move away from the team to use it, exclusively NOT to give them MY buff), would still be castable on allies as long as they are on cursor crosshair tho. (fun fact.: current Speed has a range of effect larger than overload, 25 vs 20)
Lower the attack rate gain (because when you're trying to combo mobs, imo, Speed kills the use of pause and hold combos, the timing is awful). Also, for the augment. lower the shock damage from shocking speed. HOWEVER make the damage scale with running speed, so that the player would either have to choose betwen moving slowly and rely on the stun cc to keeps mobs and bay, OR run as fast as he/she can to actually damage mobs exclusively with Shocking Speed (and you could even scale it's damage further with sprint mods).

Electric Shield, I actually like this ability a lot as it is, even with all the nerfs, wouldn't change its gimmick, I would however like to see a cost drop and duration increase, if you're making a shield build then you plan on using a lot of shields, which means that by the time you put 5 or 7 on different spots, like around a defense, you probably lost a good ~8 seconds after tha first shield was place.

Overload... I don't actually dislike the concept of this ability, I just don't think it works with Volt, a Volt player is not a turret neither a nuke spammer, we are the guys that make full use of the core stuff, parkur, roll, blocking, finishers and whatever way we can use to push up that damage, because if we don't, then there isn't much left do with Volt. Whatever it turns into, I have just one request, update that animation, or give him something different, cuz, it's old, lame and too mechanic.

There is one core thing about Volt which doesn't help him and can be a real problem against late game mobs, it isn't even his fault at all and that's the mechanics behind lightning proc, I haven't tested this extensively but I know this: there's a number os status debuffs and mechanics that don't work on mobs at all while they are under the whole extent (beyond stun, till visual effect ends) of the lightning proc, they can't be finished, can't be knocked down, can't be staggered, not sure, but I think they can't be affected by upcoming procs either, which includes more lightning cc. A mob under lightning cc is virtually imune to everything that's not shear damage, in some cases it can even prevent an ability damage, as I believe Shocking speed does not damage at all a mob yet under lightning cc. Sure, damage 3.0 is around the corner, but there's no guarantee this be changed either.