Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome Volt Rework Ideas... What's Yours?

sLashx189

I think a small damage buff and some tweaks to the damage type would be all that Volt really needs. Ideally, I would like to see his damage scale with enemies. Failing that, I'd say 400 dag @lvl 30 for shock and 500 for overload would be fine.

In terms of the usefulness of overload, every one pretty much agrees that the casting time certainly needs to be shortened. The damage mechanic in overload isn't the most straightforward though. And since we're on QOL, how about making it more complex :). The final damage pulses from overloaded devices should be blast and enemies that die within the pulses should explode dealing an additional 250 blast damage in a small sphere of influence. Conversely, maybe the final pulses or overload can carry a heat proc rather than an electric one. 

My ideas:
I like to think of Volt as a stunning melee warframe. His speed augment, shocking speed, makes him pretty good for melee. However he will always fall short of Warframes who can do tremendous finisher damage like Valkyr, Banshee, and Excal. I would like Volt to be viable for finishers as well. Afterall, his electricity stuns the enemies, why should we not be able to use finishers on them while they're stunned?

The devs said that they want Volt's rework to be on par with Excalibur. Excalibur's rework made him too good since Radial blind opened up all enemies to stealth multiplier damage from his exalted blade. If he used a finisher on an blind enemy with exalted blade, he can do up to 100k damage. Finishers are very viable endgame because they bypass armor and does tons of damage.

Shock - Volt can charge up Shock by holding the button. An uncharged/unfinished charge will be like the current shock. And Fully charged shock, will do more damage, bounce to more enemies, and allow the first target hit to be open to Finishers. Cause Finishers are more viable late game.

-Affected by Power Strength

Speed - Fine as it is.

Electric Shield - Fine as it is.

Overload - Increase Casting animation speed(0.5 seconds) and make it duration based. Enemies in the vicinity are stunned, take damage, and are open to Stealth melee multiplies just like Excal's radial blind.

-Affected by Power Strength (affects damage multiplier)

-Affected by Power Duration
-Affected by Power Range (Radius of area of effect)

In the end, even with all my suggestions, Volt won't be as good as Excalibur in terms of damage.

Edited by KainMurasaki

The only idea I could think of was messing with the shield. We already have a frost that's pretty much the boss of providing a barrier and I did think about an augment that made it so he could create one that travels with him like those enemies have but why not give it to Volt? Doesn't have to be a barrier protecting him from all sides but he can slap it on and move around it for a while, at the same time being able to shoot through it.

My ideas:

I like to think of Volt as a stunning melee warframe. His speed augment, shocking speed, makes him pretty good for melee. However he will always fall short of Warframes who can do tremendous finisher damage like Valkyr, Banshee, and Excal. I would like Volt to be viable for finishers as well. Afterall, his electricity stuns the enemies, why should we not be able to use finishers on them while they're stunned?

The devs said that they want Volt's rework to be on par with Excalibur. Excalibur's rework made him too good since Radial blind opened up all enemies to stealth multiplier damage from his exalted blade. If he used a finisher on an blind enemy with exalted blade, he can do up to 100k damage. Finishers are very viable endgame because they bypass armor and does tons of damage.

Shock - Volt can charge up Shock by holding the button. An uncharged/unfinished charge will be like the current shock. And Fully charged shock, will do more damage, bounce to more enemies, and allow the first target hit to be open to Finishers. Cause Finishers are more viable late game.

-Affected by Power Strength

Speed - Fine as it is.

Electric Shield - Fine as it is.

Overload - Increase Casting animation speed(0.5 seconds) and make it duration based. Enemies in the vicinity are stunned, take damage, and are open to Stealth melee multiplies just like Excal's radial blind.

-Affected by Power Strength (affects damage multiplier)

-Affected by Power Duration

-Affected by Power Range (Radius of area of effect)

In the end, even with all my suggestions, Volt won't be as good as Excalibur in terms of damage.

Did you know what the devs want volt as a gun warframe ?? Yeah

I know this is way off topic... but i hope they'd just combine elemental ward and vex armor... chroma's new first skill would be elemental roar.. effects would look like ember's accelerant then how it works is like Ivara's arrows, except you change elements... spectral scream would be his new second...

my idea of volt's rework is that he can use either hands while casting shock.... left , right , right , left.. he's an alternative to gun play right?

I know this is way off topic... but i hope they'd just combine elemental ward and vex armor... chroma's new first skill would be elemental roar.. effects would look like ember's accelerant then how it works is like Ivara's arrows, except you change elements... spectral scream would be his new second...

my idea of volt's rework is that he can use either hands while casting shock.... left , right , right , left.. he's an alternative to gun play right?

a much simpler explanation is his flavor text is wrong. He isn't an alternative to gunplay he's a tactical frame capable of high mobility, quick stuns, offensive melee, and creating defensive gunnery nests on demand.

Change the frame to fit the text, please no. Change the text to fit his current style, and then enhance that style on the frame itself, oh yes.

Speed is fine, but wouldn't mind a minor addition of team getting faster reload and weapon switch speed.

A lot of people agree Overload is the only ability that needs to be changed, and honestly I don't think we need another AOE nuke that does not scale well.

Why don't we have just an electric charged bolt be placed into the ground that costs 100 to activate. This bolt releases electric pulses every few seconds, each pulse costing 25 energy. Each reaches a 15m radius that stuns enemies (range moddable). Bolt itself has 1hp and can be destroyed. Volt now had as offensive/defensive placed object and a CC object. This leaves Volt's responsibility in planning and placing his abilities and then taking out the targets.

Give him a high frequency blade and some sick high heels. He'll really be one with the Lightning then. (Please get the reference people).

Only if Volt gets a built in red aura generator and gets to fight a sick roided out senator who wants to make America great again. Also, plays one of the best soundtrack that builds up to power vocals.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

Ok, I'll post my full rework idea. I've posted most of it in another thread and I've been revising it quite a few times.

For all abilities, scale electric proc duration with duration mods.

Passive: innate Lightning Dash. Fits Volt's particular theme combination of electricity and mobility.

Shock: like Landslide, Rhino Charge, and Ripline, reduce cost and increase damage when quickly recasting. This is how you get the Unlimited Powah feel.

Speed: pleeeeeease take away the FOV change or make it optional. Let it affect reload speed, holster speed, knock down recovery, and ability cast speed too. And casting while active should refresh the duration, like Toxic Lash.

Electric Shield: Tap 3 to cast Electric Shield, hold 3 to cast Electric Shell. Damage boost should scale on strength mods. Enemies that touch stationary Electric Shield should be shocked. And please remove the slit from the middle of the shield. If it's actually a hole, that's bad. But either way it's a visual distraction.

Make Electric Shield targetable by Shock and Overload, and boosts their damage. Running through a shield with Speed active could further increase the speed boost and increase the damage done by Shocking Speed.

Overload 1: See Raso719's Overload for 1 idea.

I am completely against replacing Overload with an Exalted Blade or World on Fire/Firequake clone. The existing power I would accept a clone of is Tempest Barrage.

Overload 2: Lightning Storm

Similar to Tempest Barrage, Volt creates a Lightning Storm at the location of the reticle. It does Electric damage and procs, which chain like usual, and shock duration still affected by duration mods, and affected enemies are exposed to finishers. Can be multicast. Mods affect it the same way they do Tempest Barrage.