Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.4.12: Saryn Prime

DE_Adam

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/607595-last-chance-for-rhino-prime-in-the-void/

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

that doesnt look like a "ZERO warning" to me though

edit:

to be fair, removing the items have never made the drop tables less "overflowing"and most of the time people are going to get "'S#&$ty' rewards" because oft he RNG, some friends have got all the parts they need in 5-8 runs, for me most of the times have been 200+ runs, just saying

Frankly - as they did with all previously vaulted primes iirc -, "Last Chance for [X] parts in the Void" should've been in the in-game news, period!

I agree about the poor drop rates on many parts, of course dilution would make it worse but that's mainly down to their distribution & drop table/grind design.

Edited by Frosty_2.0

Awesome Update/Patch DE!  Thank you!  Plz moaaarrr consistency with Limbo -- and less restriction!!!  

If I had one wish, I'd wish for 100 million dollars.

If I had two wishes, the second would be for everything to be carryable / pick upable in the rift except for:  Health, Energy, and (Maybe Ammo?)

:-)

TY DE!

You guys Atlas, errrr I mean Rock!

Was the Limbo nerf really necessary?

Guess I'm running Valkyr for Sortie Rescue now.

Just to clear this up, and trust me I am a huge advocate of Limbo not being nerfed at all....  He needs help IMO --  However, Literally there were patch notes before the LoR Trial that came out that said "Limbo will no longer be able to hack panels inside of the rift."  

Despite those notes, it was never implemented until a bit after 17.5 or 18 actually, and then I started noticing the inconsistency they are talking about in the OP now after U18.1 or so due to I guess new mission types being added, and Panels etc etc....  

Anyways, back around normal LoR's release when those notes about Limbo first surfaced, I gritted my teeth, and as painful as it was (because I liked hacking those LoR Panels while rifted....) I did the right thing and informed DE via many a PM here on the forums that Limbo was NOT working consistently, or as the patch notes had been saying he was supposed to work.  

TL:DR- This is not a "new" nerf, but it has definitely been intended to be this way for a long, long time now.  It definitely hurts him, but my hope is that they will continue to improve his entire kit.  He is one of my favorite frames, and the last few patches I've seen on PC have been containing significant buffs to him.  Example:  You should now be able to rift an energy leech eximus to keep it from leeching your energy as long as you both are in separate planes, or rift an Eximus target to keep it from spreading it's aura to it's fellow minions. 

At least, that is what I've read and understood to be the case in some of the patch notes over the past month or so, but I have not had time to test it properly yet.

Again, I just wanted to clear this up for everyone who thinks that this is something that they just decided to do all of a sudden, because that most definitely isn't the case.  At the very least, he is receiving more attention now it seems!  

Just to clear this up, and trust me I am a huge advocate of Limbo not being nerfed at all....  He needs help IMO --  However, Literally there were patch notes before the LoR Trial that came out that said "Limbo will no longer be able to hack panels inside of the rift."  

Despite those notes, it was never implemented until a bit after 17.5 or 18 actually, and then I started noticing the inconsistency they are talking about in the OP now after U18.1 or so due to I guess new mission types being added, and Panels etc etc....  

Anyways, back around normal LoR's release when those notes about Limbo first surfaced, I gritted my teeth, and as painful as it was (because I liked hacking those LoR Panels while rifted....) I did the right thing and informed DE via many a PM here on the forums that Limbo was NOT working consistently, or as the patch notes had been saying he was supposed to work.  

TL:DR- This is not a "new" nerf, but it has definitely been intended to be this way for a long, long time now.  It definitely hurts him, but my hope is that they will continue to improve his entire kit.  He is one of my favorite frames, and the last few patches I've seen on PC have been containing significant buffs to him.  Example:  You should now be able to rift an energy leech eximus to keep it from leeching your energy as long as you both are in separate planes, or rift an Eximus target to keep it from spreading it's aura to it's fellow minions. 

At least, that is what I've read and understood to be the case in some of the patch notes over the past month or so, but I have not had time to test it properly yet.

Again, I just wanted to clear this up for everyone who thinks that this is something that they just decided to do all of a sudden, because that most definitely isn't the case.  At the very least, he is receiving more attention now it seems!  

That's interesting about the Eximus Auras. Last time I was doing a Sortie Recue vs. Infested, I was Wukong and my partner in crime was Limbo. He had me Banished and himself Rift Walked. No Banished enemies, no Cataclysm active. However, when we ran past a Venomous Eximus, I still got proc'd with Toxin. Not that Wukong really cares about lost health in general, but it means that feature isn't working as intended yet, at least to some extent.

Why the little detail in developing Saryn Prime?

She hardly has any gold compared to the other Primes. I mean her leg is different, her helmet is different, and she has special shoulders. It could have been a special armor pack. With the lighting in the trailer making most of Saryn's armor gold she looks amazing, but looking at her in the codex, she hardly looks like a Prime Warframe.

I know Spira Prime looks cool, but why make Nikana and Spira the prime weapons? Not a single weapon related to the infested to match the theme was made prime.

Ash is the ninja stealth Prime, Mag controls gravity, Ember controls fire, Frost cold, Saryn Toxins. Couldn't they have chosen weapons that related to Saryn more than Spira and Nikana?

I don't mean to bash how anyone else may feel, I was just curious as to what the reasoning was behind the choices the Devs made in developing her as a Prime.

Why the little detail in developing Saryn Prime?

She hardly has any gold compared to the other Primes. I mean her leg is different, her helmet is different, and she has special shoulders. It could have been a special armor pack. With the lighting in the trailer making most of Saryn's armor gold she looks amazing, but looking at her in the codex, she hardly looks like a Prime Warframe.

I know Spira Prime looks cool, but why make Nikana and Spira the prime weapons? Not a single weapon related to the infested to match the theme was made prime.

Ash is the ninja stealth Prime, Mag controls gravity, Ember controls fire, Frost cold, Saryn Toxins. Couldn't they have chosen weapons that related to Saryn more than Spira and Nikana?

I don't mean to bash how anyone else may feel, I was just curious as to what the reasoning was behind the choices the Devs made in developing her as a Prime.

They roll those out coz china warframe have those, and western players wanna those too but DE is to lazy to make 2 separate sets of prime weapons. DE can make new 2 prime weapons for saryn prime acces and just add nikana and spira prime to the void just to please non-chinese player, but hek it, it's too much of a work, better use same stuff.

When you do 50+ runs in T3/T4 Exterminate and you get nothing but Nyx Prime Systems/Chassis, and Hikou Prime Pouches..that's when you know RNG needs to be killed off. I get there are other things in the droplist...but seriously? Should be after a certain amount of primes you get, you get something you DIDN'T on the list. Would make things much easier to farm instead of farming keys for hours on end just to end up with things you don't want. I have 6 Nyx Prime sets now.

something very minimal on saryn since introducing saryn prime, the bottoms on her shoes are very dull, even saryn prime doesnt seem to have the old shine, could be an unintended texture bug after introducing saryn? not too sure, but i figure i would bring it up. thanks!

New saryn> tv8Dk3J.png

Saryn prior to update> 77VgbcX.png