Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frozen Enemies Immune To Status Procs

Kontrollo

I'm surprised I can't find an existing thread about this. If this has already been reported somewhere, please add a link.

When I'm using Freeze or Chilling Globe, I am unable to put another status proc on the affected enemy.

The following screenshots show this. I'm using a 100% status chance Tysis with Viral and Corrosive:

YziIwEE.jpg

No procs on a completely frozen enemy.

VmokOF0.jpg

Normally, my Tysis procs on every single shot.

I did though. A dude posted a long post with videos a moth (or two?) ago. Showed that frozen and petrified enemies are status immune.

Edit:

Found the thread :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/556292-a-gameplay-thats-been-neglected/

Nice, thanks for that gonna have a look. General Discussion, though? No wonder I couldn't find it.

Maybe the thing is intended? I see no reason why should it, but who knows...

Well, I haven't found any description where it says that this is intended, and the wiki doesn't mention it either on Frost's page. So my assumption is that this is a bug.

We can hurt them but not reduce their armour while frozen? I don't really see the logic behind that.

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2016 at 9:20 PM, Kontrollo said:

Well, I haven't found any description where it says that this is intended, and the wiki doesn't mention it either on Frost's page. So my assumption is that this is a bug.

We can hurt them but not reduce their armour while frozen? I don't really see the logic behind that.

I think part of it is the fact that, in the case of petrified enemies (Petrifying Gaze, Unairu ability), they've been turned into statues for all intents and purposes, and the elemental procs wouldn't have much effect, if any, on statues... as for the frozen solid ones... from what I've seen when attacking frozen solid enemies, their armor goes through the roof, and if it's the same armor type as Rhino's iron skin (Ferrite armor, I believe), that stuff prevents status procs from taking hold on the target.

46 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I think part of it is the fact that, in the case of petrified enemies (Petrifying Gaze, Unairu ability), they've been turned into statues for all intents and purposes, and the elemental procs wouldn't have much effect, if any, on statues... as for the frozen solid ones... from what I've seen when attacking frozen solid enemies, their armor goes through the roof, and if it's the same armor type as Rhino's iron skin (Ferrite armor, I believe), that stuff prevents status procs from taking hold on the target.

Maybe I don't quite get what you're telling me, but I'd say the images show clearly that there isn't any difference in damage dealt. The health bar (and armour value, note the numbers in the screenshots) stays exactly the same. You can test this against Corpus as well, they take damage as usual but are immune to procs. I think the similarity to Iron Skin is superficial.

On 5/7/2016 at 2:22 PM, Kontrollo said:

Maybe I don't quite get what you're telling me, but I'd say the images show clearly that there isn't any difference in damage dealt. The health bar (and armour value, note the numbers in the screenshots) stays exactly the same. You can test this against Corpus as well, they take damage as usual but are immune to procs. I think the similarity to Iron Skin is superficial.

Frozen or Petrified, they take damage, yes... BUT, they take significantly less damage than they would if they weren't petrified or frozen. I've noticed it when firing at targets that would otherwise take one or two shells from my Sancti Tigris and get shredded... if frozen or petrified they usually take 10 shells or more. (And we're talking over 14,000 damage per shell because of how it's been modded.)

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Frozen or Petrified, they take damage, yes... BUT, they take significantly less damage than they would if they weren't petrified or frozen. I've noticed it when firing at targets that would otherwise take one or two shells from my Sancti Tigris and get shredded... if frozen or petrified they usually take 10 shells or more. (And we're talking over 14,000 damage per shell because of how it's been modded.)

Can't talk about petrified enemies, but this is definitely not the case with frozen enemies. Whenever I decide to nag them again in one of the patch notes threads, I test this beforehand.

You can also see in the screenshots in my first post that the damage is 52 against that frozen Corrupted Heavy Gunner. It's not that clear in the second picture due to those Corrosive procs, but if you have a closer look, you can see several instances where I dealt 52 damage (they're older and visually smaller).

Edited by Kontrollo

On 5/11/2016 at 0:31 PM, Kontrollo said:

Can't talk about petrified enemies, but this is definitely not the case with frozen enemies. Whenever I decide to nag them again in one of the patch notes threads, I test this beforehand.

You can also see in the screenshots in my first post that the damage is 52 against that frozen Corrupted Heavy Gunner. It's not that clear in the second picture due to those Corrosive procs, but if you have a closer look, you can see several instances where I dealt 52 damage (they're older and visually smaller).

Petrified enemies take less unless you break out some OP sh*t in short order, probably because they've been turned into lawn ornaments...

could have been seeing things, but I've noticed it's harder to kill a frozen enemy usually... other times I just broke out the Kulstar and set their fragments spinning across the room.