Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime 2016 Builed Help

Lith

Question

Hi there,

trying to make the maximum out of the Boltor Prime, as it is my main weapon.

I would like to get some help with it, all I could find are quite old builds thought not many changed but still,

http://goo.gl/AhJXss this is my build atm.

and end up with something like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_24032203_128-2-3-131-1-5-132-4-5-133-3-5-137-5-10-138-7-5-150-0-10-451-6-5_150-8-131-6-128-7-133-6-132-8-137-7-451-11-138-6/en/2-0-44

with different elemental damage variations for different fractions of course.

Thanks for any help

5 answers to this question

Not a bad build.  I usually avoid the physical mods, so puncture damage was never considered, but Piercing Caliber seems to add just that much more total dps.  (I always used Hellfire, which puts my damage at 1989 instead of your 2062, so 80ish points of damage is what I'm losing compared to your build.)

Overall, I'd say you have a solid all around choice seeing as how Puncture damage isn't too shabby against anything.  (No -75% damage penalty to be found).

Drop PC for Shred. It is a huge DPS gain and I'm not just talking about the paper DPS(which is also a gain).  Being able to punch through enemies(and walls and obstacles for that matter) offers a lot more damage than a physical mod. 

boltor already has the corpse-flingy bolts, is punchthrough really necessary? seems like it would be about as useful as punchthrough on a bow

rate of fire is direct damage increase, though it costs ammo.   Punch thru also lets you shoot thru cover, which has its moments.  

Shred is also nice on a bow, by the way, as it lowers charge up time.

I don't know if its better here or not.   But give it a look and see for yourself.

boltor already has the corpse-flingy bolts, is punchthrough really necessary? seems like it would be about as useful as punchthrough on a bow

Yes, but what if your first burst doesn't kill the enemy? The punch through takes care of that. Also the damage from the corpse doesn't necessarily equal what you'd get from the bolts punching through.