The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old U7-8 Days

Zara

I've been a member of this lovely community since 25 April 2013 so I think that was roughly at Update 7 of the game. I certainly may not be the oldest of old players (veterans) out there. Although I thought i'd be fun to look back on how the game used to look (when I started on a potato of a laptop!). I welcome those oldies who are still around to share a bit of their past in Warframe!

This is out of a total whim and nostalgia. 

Images below: (Too many spoiler tags?)

Sunshine, Raindrops, and Lollipops

T8Zhmco.jpg

Old Mission Reward

GkrUuVp.jpg

Friendship is Redtext

TG5blzZ.jpg

Naked Sol Map

LMV1yob.jpg

The Void (entrance)

tvorsmR.jpg

Sedna pls

z05QsCu.jpg

s1nvq9s.jpg

Survival Weekend Event

2tjtXjJ.jpg

Old Grid-like Layout

biR5wNP.jpg

T3 Survival RNG

srxgiET.jpg

is all that red text from the Developers? if so, I had no idea they were a chatty bunch back in the day "definitely no cake" seems a bit harsh though..

and as for that old star map, yeah... the one we have now is WAY tidier than that mess. you can see Uranus and Sedna nodes when that's not even the planet you're on!

I joined just as Tubemen of Regor went live on Consoles back in June, when I discovered the joys of Tipedo Coptering. good times.

Old starchart... Sniff, how I miss you every time I look at the "improved" bracelet configuration.

Old UI... Sniff, how I miss you every time the centre of my screen is covered by superfluous "information".

Thanks for sharing, when on my PC I'll upload old Vor, complete with red codpiece.

Word up!

Or even U6...

Just posin'

42NWe7o.png

Defense tileset.

5MURVwA.png

Those blue nodes on your arm and weapons... They were showing how many mods you do have installed on your equipment.

iJ6t13I.png

Unexpected meeting.

NNmN7YD.png

Remember those 'digital glitch' FX on Nyx's arms? I miss them.

3MCLHTa.png

Old mod system. Yeah, it was a bit more RPG-ish.

3saATpX.png

ngrazer, on 17 Feb 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:ngrazer, on 17 Feb 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Or even U6...

Just posin'

42NWe7o.png

Defense tileset.

5MURVwA.png

Those blue nodes on your arm and weapons... They were showing how many mods you do have installed on your equipment.

iJ6t13I.png

Unexpected meeting.

NNmN7YD.png

Remember those 'digital glitch' FX on Nyx's arms? I miss them.

3MCLHTa.png

Old mod system. Yeah, it was a bit more RPG-ish.

3saATpX.png

So THAT'S what the blue nodes were. I always wondered about them.

Edited by Corvid

Oh, I remember those times....

In the time I first discovered warframe I was so hooked on this (my first f2p game btw), that I actually needed to force myself into playing crysis 3, just so I wouldnt feel like I've wasted my money ;)

Also:

:') The old days where good. Back in my day we didn't have RNGESUS we just had RNG.

Killed tyl regor 60 times without getting Ash systems back then....

Oh the good all days. I still remember saryn being my first ever platinum purchase besides my founder package. I reeeeeally wanted that booty and was to lazy to farm. Plus i was lowlevel and didn't even understand, that you could LEVEL YOUR MODS. I mean wow, who could have thought you could actually get a health boost above 20%. When i found out and leveled my first mod- oh the memories.

RNG was not as harsh but I still blame trading for drop tables we have today. They are purposely trying to make drops more of a pain to keep prices up to have impatient people buy platinum to buy items from other players.

Which is exactly why I insist on an Auction House system. With the ability to view others items for auction the prices would be more competitive. I understand it's a free to play game but I've played free to play games and the platinum system in this game is ridiculous. There will always be an incentive for people to use platinum to buy things from the Market so it's not like they lose money there. Those items can't be traded. Items that can be traded should be controlled by the player economy, not the artificial demand created by the developers anytime they think people are acquiring items too easily. Drop rates used to be decent. It was in a good place, where if a player was patient and dedicated (or lucky) they could put in the effort in and get the item themselves. Or if they wanted it now w/o the farm they could trade for it. Now...luck is all there is to it...dedication to the farming bares no fruition by effort alone. Using the Stalker as an typical example, I meet people every time he attacks that have never seen him drop Despair or Hate. Many of those people have been around since launch. I have personally killed the Shadow Stalker over 50 times since December and never seen him drop anything except Dread. This flat out forces players who want those items, and were willing to put the effort in, to buy What Stalker? or Hunhow's Gift. 

I wish that scenario was unique to the Stalker but it seems to be the staple for the entire game design now.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113