DE_Adam

Building Warframe: Saryn Prime

Every Warframe has a powerfully iconic design, but it's undeniable that Saryn carries with her a special aura presence on the battlefield.  Her image exudes both a powerful self-confidence and a deadly toxic nature, both of which add several challenges when designing her Prime counterpart.

Find out more about Saryn Prime's development in our latest edition of Building Warframe, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

• Upvote 22

She sure is a tricky one to tackle for exactly the reasons outlined in this article: Prime design is typically symmetric and pristine, while Saryn is asymmetric and 'unclean'. You are stuck between betraying one aesthetic or the other.

Interesting insight here. Good read.

• Upvote 11

You guys did a good job at redesigning her from normal version, but what with that bulb on her right leg?? does that thing serve any purpose? why did you not make tentacles around it rather than slap in a bulb and same colour as head colour?. her overall desgin is good, but that tumor is not a sight for seeing. It's right there, and i can't get my eyes off it. pls add a fix for that part :(  

Edited by [DE]Danielle
  • Upvote 1

So, any plans on reworking her rework? I mean, it's not bad (I can live with it) but let's be honest, you guys can do better.

Edited by mcryseria
  • Upvote 7

I personally love every thing about the design, from her plague ponytail, to her newly improved stiletto heels.

I cant stop thinking about he queens crown hidden beneath the the organic design, and that skirt is beautiful to say the least. 

Great job on Saryn Prime here DE keep up the Great work. :)

Well, yesterday I open a thread asking for more Building Warframe articles, this pop ups today. Coincidence? Obviously yes :P

Thanks for the article Adam. It's interesting to see the mask is inspired from the Sentai heroines (where Sentai I guess means Super Sentai AKA Original japanese Power Rangers).

Also, I have to say: Seeing some of the pics in the article, I've noticed Saryn reminds me of a girl who has shaved a part of her side hair. Interesting, to say the least.

• Upvote 1

I remember someone saying that warframes look like power ranger villains and they are kinda right.

Does this prime have an exclusive thing that the normal dosent? I mean loki prime uses a lex prime with his clones, rhino prime gets a gold, metallic version of iron skin for example.  

I'm really glad you guys settled for the current design over the former; after Trinity Prime I was getting concerned that Primes were going to continue becoming more and more intricate and potentially over-designed.

The in-game design is a real tight evolution of her base model and doesn't sacrifice any of her old aesthetic when introducing the Prime-era elements.

This is a really amazing job and you guys have made the hours of grinding done completely worth it.

It's a interesting design challenge when you think about how all prior Primes were best exemplified as "pristine", clean and very decorative, which works for most frames, but with Saryn's heavy focus on organics, it clearly would take away and clash with her theme. Guess that explains the very limited amount of Orokin Gold, limited to a few adornments and trims.

I can see how people may be mad about the lack of gold, but would it be possible to work more gold into her design without disrupting the organic design?

Does this prime have an exclusive thing that the normal dosent? I mean loki prime uses a lex prime with his clones, rhino prime gets a gold, metallic version of iron skin for example.  

If I remember correctly from my play session last night, her miasma is golden, and potentially the spores have golden bits around the glowing pustules. But I may be wrong.

Edited by ScorpDK

She looks very nice.

You know what else would look very nice? Making Regenerative Molt inherent.

• Upvote 2

I originally hated the design on the teaser, but seeing the full version i love it!!

Ye guys really need to add skirt collision on her butt. She has the same problem with ivara... `-`

Still she is awesome :D

Edited by Neptlude