Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa Are Ruining Corpus Missions For Me

Lysserd

On 07/03/2016 at 3:49 PM, (PS4)Shi_no_oto said:

This might be ridiculous but how do i even get these things to spawn. They literally never show up, i have yet to fight one Bursa they never show up in my game

Bursas don't spawn on PS4. You can summon drover bursa in simulacrum, but other than that you can't fight other ones.

14 hours ago, SoanoS said:

Then you must feel absolutely ecstatic it when it spawns 4 or 5 more before you manage to kill one and you spend the rest of your mission ragdolling all over the map and pressing revive button repeatedly.

touche

20 hours ago, nVidiaContractor said:

For example, Bursa never killed me (except one with rockets), and i can solo win level 100 (its 400 in game i noticed) Juggernaut with Frost, didnt have ever problems in party with them. I know there is some newbies who cant, but in late game we must have some good fight.

Glad to hear. You must be proud of yourself now. Anyway, it is not about what you can do against a single enemy, and fighting something is simulacrum is completely different from real action.

Now, think about getting one of those bursas you described earlier, the one that would have lasted 20 hours of your stationary Mesa spam in Simulacrum. Sure, you can stand on top of a pillar and shoot it all day but it does not change the fact in a real mission, there will be more of them spawning every 40-90 seconds (initially) and the spawn rate becomes faster and faster. And you absolutely MUST kill it before the conditions for completion of the extermination mission are met. But wait, you can't because a new one just spawned to take its place. And the quota went up by one... Yeah, you can kill one in 20 hours, but during 20 hours you will get at least 1200 new spawns during those 20 hours (assuming the spawn rate stays capped at 60 seconds, which it doesn't. It actually starts spawning them faster.

The actual problem is their numbers, not the bursa itself. One bursa can be a fun and exciting encounter but when 4 more decide to join the party it really ruins the mood.

Are you really this stubborn and refuse to see how this can be a problem? Just the fact that you might be able to very slowly gnaw on one and destroy it in a safe test environment in the simulacrum does not mean they are balanced in any way.

I know what you are talking about. I was giving examples like several Bursas, Juggers, level 700 enemies with melee only and limited conclave, etc., because there is nothing wrong with the enemy, point was in team play and/or smart play. Also Mesa hitting him mostly for 0 DMG, another time for 2K, that was a point, while you are hitting Juggi for 4 DMG and everyone is happy. And im also talking outside of Simulacrum, on missions versus Juggernaut or Bursa.

Yesterday in Sortie there was some Corpus Spy mission, it turned into Exterminate, and there was 5-10 Bursas around killing one newbie MR5, other 2 players (MR18 and MR15) revived him like 20-30 times or even more, telling him to hide somewhere and stay, it was funny for me on another side listening them, but he probably dont know how to read a chat box, and they all died, no more revives, except newbie, i was Loki, invisibility and Dual Ichors, up to 6K hits to Bursa, press EE-E to win, so easy, and i was killing them all, but when little newbie comes to fight them until he die, they start fighting, boom, boom, boom, and i must run away if i want to stay alive, if he run away, its +5 Bursas, so it took some time, until he lost all revives. In that time i killed maybe 20 Bursas, now you can see where the problem is. Sure thing, i was Loki this time, but in all other ways its possible to deal with them.

So, they are hard, thats what we need, to put it in perspective Jugger is way harder, and its fine, i know there is several Bursas appearing, and you can hack some of them, but we can deal with them as a team, so i dont see any problem. If team is #*($%%@, its #*($%%@, hard to do anything, because you are #*($%%@ in that team too.

Im telling you, there is nothing wrong with Bursas and alarms thats triggering them, problem is in team who deal with them.

Edited by nVidiaContractor

I just did Sortie Extermination, 201 enemies, random party, MR21, MR20, MR15, MR8, i killed one Bursa as Ash with Dual Ichors with Trickery, they killed all others Bursas without any problems, we was two times locked, etc., no one died, it was just like a normal mission. So i still dont see a problem here.

I feel the need to repeat myself at this point. Bursa are perfectly fine at high levels. At those levels they should be that strong, it should be challenging. The problem is that they can spawn at lower levels as well and they don't scale at all. You can easily get a bursa enemy spawn in 10 levels above the normal enemies in a mission, and have 10 times as much health. You need to remember that this game has a lot of players, and not all of them are MR15+ with maxed gear. Lots of people play this game at lower levels, lots of people in this game are new. Also the rate at which bursa spawn can sometimes be straight up busted, which seems like a bug to be honest, and I will forever maintain that forcing your players who can't deal with a bursa to constantly hack alarms to keep them away is a terrible idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats correct, im killing them with Dual Ichors in less then a 10sec per Bursa at Sortie, and i saw lots of parties fighting them without any problems, so req. is MR6 for Ichors, like Opticor + mods as MR8 minimal req. to fight them, for lower MRs its pain and fail to fight them, so maybe the best option is to ban Bursas from all missions up to level 30 enemies.

This one made my day:

"Hi there i was playing a defense mision when that horrible bursa's come out,"

Here is my little test fighting them at front, side and from behind, so peoples can get the point how to fight them (and mix it with team strategy; because i saw newbies fighting Bursas two shields or trying to hit his legs at front for bonus DMG, pointless), Dual Ichors versus level 130 Bursa and level 100 Bursa (you can see where to deal DMG to him (from side you can deal him DMG, but its not the best option), at front only if you knock him for short period of time), and you can see how combo multiplier scales with their levels when you starts melting them, but you will probably never fight them at that level solo, and 5x level 60 Bursa thats most likely to be something in Sortie. I used Loki and invisibility of 30sec, 3x level 60 Bursas together died in ~23sec, last one died in 2.6sec against Dual Ichors (MR6 req. + mods) with 3x combo multiplier (the longer fight means you gain more combo/DMG multiplier). At start you can see my build (only 56 Corrosive DMG :P ) used here.

http://sendvid.com/mxqccgkq

Video will be available after servers conversion.

So, yeah, for low MRs, its pain for sure (also with level it scales so level 100-130 can be a problem against senseis because we can die by one hit), and this one who cant fight him at higher MR, i think they must first learn his weaknesses (so i dont have to watch MR20 fighting his two shields with DK or Nikana Prime who died 5 times), as a party any Bursa can be killed in 90sec.

Usually when you fight in the field (not 1vs1 bursa fight) your energy is drained to zero: you have eximus enemies draining your energy, snapping ospreys, nullifiers and all other stuff. You do not go 1vs1 against a bursa, they have friends.  And I think simulacrum is not par with field mobs and the actual situation. We have lots of topics regarding the Warframe difficulty. So I've been test fighting bursas alone, without CC and in the field (1 vs 1 and with mobs).

One bursa - he didn't even attack me, just walked around and didn't attack. Other bursa, got stuck in wall. Third lvl 70 bursa getting annihilated by a weak bow on a plain field and so on. Only thing I can figure out of these runs is that the quality of the bursa varies bit too much: lvl 35 bursa is a deadly encounter while lvl 80 bursa is a peace of cake.

Yes, I can toy a lvl 80 bursa and kill it without cc or fancy weapons, and if I use cc and warframe abilities I can go further. But these following are experiments of mine without knockdown preventing mods or proper gear and without CC.

lvl 35 on a map choke point:
MK6QUiD.gif
http://i.imgur.com/MK6QUiD.gifv

lvl 46 on more advantageous place:
OhxzK5W.gif
http://i.imgur.com/OhxzK5W.gifv

I think you are wrong in some segments.

1. It was Dual Ichor test versus Isolator Bursa, i said thats why i used Loki and 30sec invis. It was just Weapon test and "where to hit" Bursa test (for players who dont know), dont hit front shields, its no use (its use only if you stun him for 1sec), hit from left or right deal him normal DMG, but there is chance to do 0DMG, hit him from behind at terminal for bonus DMG, same as legs.

So to build Dual Ichors you must be MR6, to max it lets say you must be MR8, so my idea is to ban Bursas from all missions up to level 30 enemies, means if you are going on mission where is starting level of enemies eg. 42, dont cry, you know what to expect, challenge.

2. Its not level 35 Bursa, its level 60 Bursa, level 100 and level 130, and as you can see, they are exponentially harder to kill.

In my video you can see, to kill level 100 Bursa it took around 1min with some tests, to kill level 130 Bursa it took around 2min and half, he hit me several times, but i managed to block always, and also he was blocking more critical strikes then lower levels (like 100), in the end level 60 Bursa died in 2.6sec. So i cant support your call that level 80 is funny and level 35 is way harder, it simply dont have any logic, so i guess you fight two different Bursas, or current situation was on your side, in my test i fight Isolators only because they fight on melee, others got rockets and other things that can simply wipe you, but if you got party, you have a chance.

3. Its not 1v1, it was 1v5 against level 60 with limited time, and Dual Ichors killed 5 of them in around 50sec, thats answer on their respawn speed, means, if 1 Bursa respawn every 50-90sec, whats a deal if Dual Ichors can kill each one of them in 10sec, after several Bursas, each one die in 2.6sec or faster against Dual Ichors.

Im also playing with Ash, without gear versus Bursa, its classic jumping build, jump around to clear area, to clear their friends, then fight 1v1 if you want, im also using Hikou P. with Conc. Explo. that can help in Bursa fight, but with friends is even better, because 3 of you can hit him from behind while he aim another one. I managed to fight like 20 Bursas at once, because of one newbie, its very hard, i died, but not impossible, and i deal with them in Sortie 3. You cant say anything against Eximuses and others, kill them first, you got Large Energy pads, or one of 4 players got it, to help you out in hard situations, or maybe someone is EV Trinity, or, who knows what CCs your PT got, or maybe there is some lucky geek who will wipe them for you.

Your 1st video, choke point, Bow on melee, nonsense, he blow you 2 times on melee (TBH in my video he stun me once, and i got 5 times stun in a row), you are supposed to die, with Bow you must stay away, if you are going on melee, take your Melee and block, or roll, same as i did in my video several times and survived. But point is, on 1st video you couldnt hit Bursa anyway, you saw his front shields and you can deal only 0DMG to him (but you fall down without hit him while going forward to death, to be clear he ganked you very nice, stun, retreat, hook, pull and his party eats you, but thats AI this game needs, good AI to give you a challenge, not zombie AI like 99% of enemies in this game).

In my opinion, looks like you play with joystick, but why you didnt use your abilities, and when you stand up, you tried to run back into a null, never run into it when its dangerous, and never run in fight, you must roll, roll and roll to dodge something...but you could just cast 5th ability, move away to lure them away, turn off 5th to "teleport" back in frame and survive. But, there was no way to come behind him because of a map, IDK what build you have, but you must know when to retreat and counter, so you can survive longer, to fight longer, but i also fail in that sometimes, while on 2nd video you hit him from the side (normal DMG), and 2nd hit was from behind (bonus DMG), that looks way easier, so it all depends on situation where worst one is newbie player, because most players dont know anything about Bursas, so they can fight his two shields whole day, thats a bigger problem here, if they dont know anything about him, they wont know how to fight him, and that probably because they saw him only several times and died, unable to learn or gain any experience of Bursa.

On that two YouTube videos, thats not Isolator, Isolator got way better armor and HP, and he dont have any projectiles, but because this projectiles and even worse one with rockets is a problematic, including new players, my idea is to ban Bursas from mission with starting level lower then 30.