Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your opinion on the new frame's look?

NuclearPancakes

Based on the concept art we were shown, which can change at any time, of course.

In my own personal opinion, I think it's absolutely dreadful. I can't help but see it as anything other than the bastard child of Nekros and Mesa.

Edit: Holy Jesus, this thread blew up while I was away. Glad to see the majority hates the design as much as me. Hopefully some of the folks at DE see this and reconsider his current concept.

Edited by ChickenLover42

I also think it's dreadful, the concept for an Insect Warframe is quite hard to achieve. This time DE showed they couldn't get it done the right way (sadly), the design itself is quite weird imho and i don't really think i will be farming for him any time soon. Im pretty frustrated with the design to be honest u_u

Edit: Just compare this to the one that will be released. I think that Typhus is by far more detailed than the actual New Warframe, the new one just lacks a lot of detailing and feels really cheap on design quality.

warframe___typhus___virus_set_by_redskit

Edited by SpaceJinja
Adding images to illustrate.

I don't personally like it, but someone out there will. Similar to my dislike of Atlas' design, but some people dig that too. To each their own. 

As the person stated above, I too feel like the design is just lacking a lot of detail. Maybe the final product will be a lot better, who knows? I just feel that without the detail it does feel kind of cartoon-y. That design concept of Typhus looks amazing though.

Edited by Viran

Though I get the theme of mummification, I find the new frame's toes to be odd and more appropriate on someone like Wukong. I also dislike the folded clothes on his thighs, which make them look wider than necessary, especially since the new frame is supposed to be scrawny and barebones.

27 minutes ago, SpaceJinja said:

I also think it's dreadful, the concept for an Insect Warframe is quite hard to achieve. This time DE showed they couldn't get it done the right way (sadly), the design itself is quite weird imho and i don't really think i will be farming for him any time soon. Im pretty frustrated with the design to be honest u_u

Edit: Just compare this to the one that will be released. I think that Typhus is by far more detailed than the actual New Warframe, the new one just lacks a lot of detailing and feels really cheap on design quality.

warframe___typhus___virus_set_by_redskit

Well, to be fair, I believe this frame is based more around sand than being based around insects. But I still agree that this design does look much better.

1 minute ago, ChickenLover42 said:

Well, to be fair, I believe this frame is based more around sand than being based around insects. But I still agree that this design does look much better.

From the Concept i posted above, i think it doesn't fit the actual design line that Warframe has. This Typhus concept does look more in line with the design style warframe has, yeah, not everything might look good for warframe but something near this concept made by RedSkittlez would be a bit more nicer to the eye.

Super original and awesome!!!  I mean a mummy frame?!?!  What will they think of next?!?!  A cowgirl frame?!?!  A pirate frame?!?!  Magician frame?!?!  A clown frame?!?!  A (insert theme here frame)...  Oh wait... *blank stare*

They need to get back to their roots and create interesting concepts that align with the weird guyver-esque asthetic the game had originally...  I get they are trying to keep content flowing but seriously yo, pump the breaks, there are 40 frames at the moment, just chilax, step back, take a moment and re-evaluate your designs, if this keeps going they will loose the spirit of what Warframe once was, its already slipping hard with these cookie cutter theme frames.

Personally I feel like they should take a break from cranking out new content, step back, polish, update, fix, tweak the things we already have.  No one here is gonna complain if they just take a few months update old frames and polish existing content, literally no one.

11 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Super original and awesome!!!  I mean a mummy frame?!?!  What will they think of next?!?!  A cowgirl frame?!?!  A pirate frame?!?!  Magician frame?!?!  A clown frame?!?!  A (insert theme here frame)...  Oh wait... *blank stare*

They need to get back to their roots and create interesting concepts that align with the weird guyver-esque asthetic the game had originally...  I get they are trying to keep content flowing but seriously yo, pump the breaks, there are 40 frames at the moment, just chilax, step back, take a moment and re-evaluate your designs, if this keeps going they will loose the spirit of what Warframe once was, its already slipping hard with these cookie cutter theme frames.

Personally I feel like they should take a break from cranking out new content, step back, polish, update, fix, tweak the things we already have.  No one here is gonna complain if they just take a few months update old frames and polish existing content, literally no one.

I don't really understand your problem with frames having these themes. They sure are more fun than a sword frame, tank frame, (insert element here) frame. But in the end, to each their own. Also, when the hell did they add a clown frame?

P.S. There only 40 frames if you count the Prime frames. Which are the same frames, just with a different model and slightly better stats. Otherwise, there's only 28 as of right now. I should also add, a large portion of the player base will complain if we go above our average wait time without new frames, I've seen people complain about going a single month without one! Where did you get the idea that "literally no one" will complain?

Edited by ChickenLover42

Not a fan. He looks like something out of a cereal box.  The latest Warframe designs are taking themes too far - that, and  they aren't as good to look at. 

The Frame designs are still moving away from the dark tech and lore the game was built on, and is now more about the gimmick of the month.

I blame you Limbo.

1 hour ago, SpaceJinja said:

I also think it's dreadful, the concept for an Insect Warframe is quite hard to achieve

If it was actually an insect frame, your comment might carry some weight.

24 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Yeah, go back to those old super creative designs like "makes fire" and "is a suit".

There is nothing wrong with a theme. They make for neat designs, oh no, what a disaster. I see people mention things like "the spirit of warframe" but they can never really pin down what it actually is, because it doesn't exist; the game is whatever the devs want it to be, same with the art direction. Even when it was first open to the public it didn't have half the grittiness the nostalgia throwers like to think it did.

24 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Oh boy, this again

Edited by AdunSaveMe

19 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Firstly there are over 30 frames out but many of them are repeats, Primes fall under thier respective frame as they share the same skillset. Secondly, every frame from Excalibur to Nehza has an inherent themed based of it's look. In terms of asthetics the newer frames are easily more recognizable than earler frames beccause frankly, they have alot more detail on than than Excalibur or Loki.

And if you seriously think DE is going to stop new content for a few months to polish, you're kidding yourself. DE is a business, new content keeps people coming back to the game. If there was nothing new being added of months on end the complaint would then be shifted to "Why is the game so stagnant?". DE's current setup is working for them, new content is being pushed out while older content is being revisited.

15 minutes ago, ChickenLover42 said:

I don't really understand your problem with frames having these themes. They sure are more fun than a sword frame, tank frame, (insert element here) frame. But in the end, to each their own. Also, when the hell did they add a clown frame?

P.S. There only 40 frames if you count the Prime frames. Which are the same frames, just with a different model and slightly better stats. Otherwise, there's only 28 as of right now. I should also add, a large portion of the player base will complain if we go above our average wait time without new frames, I've seen people complain about going a single month without one! Where did you get the idea that "literally no one" will complain?

Mirage = Clown/Harlequin frame

As far as no one complaining, people have been asking for DE to bug fix/update older content for ages.  Its juat not a priority for them it seems.  But the pace they have set for themselves will ultimately be the games downfall, and it doesnt have to be.  I want content as much as the next person, but I want substantial things, not filler junk to apease the masses.  Did we really need Nheza?  Wukong?  Do we really nees a mummy?  They are slowly but surely compromizing the integrety of the game man...  Warframe back in the day felt way diferent, way more mysterious and dark, and as time went on somewhere along the way they lost some of what made the game feel so special and fresh in the first place.

All I'm saying is that when I picked this game up 3 years ago for $20 to get in to the beta or whatever it was, no one, not a single person would have thought "you know what this game needs!? Thats right...  Mummy frame!"

Mixed. One one hand I see parts that really appeal to me and on the other I'm kind of miffed. But I reckon once I get my own color schemes and get o play around with attachments and whatnot I'll make him pretty awesome. I need more angles, seeing him in motion, casting animations to make a proper judgement.