Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Chat UI Overhaul

DE_Adam

8 hours ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

I really want a friends tab,  here's why,  say I have lots of friends who are not in my clan or alliance,  and I want to run missions with them,,  I have to go communication then friends just to see if there on,  not too good,  I always miss when my friend's are actually on because I can't check every 5 minutes,  so if we  have a friends tab,  it will be just as if it's a clan chat,  where you can post and all your friend's can see,  so if I wanna run a lor for example,  and you still need more people,  but don't wanna go to recruiting,  you can post in clan,  alliance and friends,  also please show notifications in chat,  so if you get a friend request you can see it,  most of time I gave dozens that I didn't even know I had,  please consider these ideas, thanks De,  for this wonderful place to play and call home. Long live de

Yep this.

My clan quit.  It's a multi-game clan and I'm half quit myself so I'm disinclined to go to another clan.  But I have no-one to run missions with.

I don't even bother trying to make friends in-game.  There's no point -- the interface is too awkward.

Congratulation if you wanted to break the chat on console was a clear @(*()$ success..

Atrociuos trading before now its double the effort to gain what exaclty, EMOJIES?! GTFO

U can't even select em jst scrooll through them so u actually have to go out of your way to add the ::

just so a spactic image of an certain emotion can be dispayed :FURIOUS: 

Seriously  on the plus side the new look of the chat HUD its improved just went 10 steps back on functionality,

Before it was basic and funcional, now its like i am playing mortal combat and have to execute a small combo

in order to open and close a private message when i go to trading

PLZ fix this asap

FIx:

Remove the show/hide playerlist function

L2 Brings up chat

SQUARE      Type in chat as it used to be

TRIANGLE   A-Z player selection as it used to be

X     Selection interaction as it used to be

O     Cancel/Back as it used to be

R2  Brings emoji list (up down dpad to choose which one X to Apply)

but u can't even apply it in the middle of a text without using the text suggestion or typing it in

L2 Closes the chat again

hotfix this before people turn away from this game ...

8 hours ago, (PS4)Arghus said:

Congratulation if you wanted to break the chat on console was a clear @(*()$ success..

Atrociuos trading before now its double the effort to gain what exaclty, EMOJIES?! GTFO

U can't even select em jst scrooll through them so u actually have to go out of your way to add the ::

just so a spactic image of an certain emotion can be dispayed :FURIOUS: 

Seriously  on the plus side the new look of the chat HUD its improved just went 10 steps back on functionality,

Before it was basic and funcional, now its like i am playing mortal combat and have to execute a small combo

in order to open and close a private message when i go to trading

PLZ fix this asap

FIx:

Remove the show/hide playerlist function

L2 Brings up chat

SQUARE      Type in chat as it used to be

TRIANGLE   A-Z player selection as it used to be

X     Selection interaction as it used to be

O     Cancel/Back as it used to be

R2  Brings emoji list (up down dpad to choose which one X to Apply)

but u can't even apply it in the middle of a text without using the text suggestion or typing it in

L2 Closes the chat again

hotfix this before people turn away from this game ...

Absolutely !

I can only agree in each point . Please quickly fixed , thanks De

• 1 month later...

@DERebecca

Are we still getting these?

On 2/22/2016 at 9:58 AM, DE_Adam said:

POST U18.5 Changes:

Unfortunately, some features we're most excited about are not ready for release with 18.5, but are very close to completion.  The following features are scheduled for release after 18.5, as soon as they are up to our standard of quality:

• Mission linking in chat: This will allow players to select a Derelict Survival Key (for example) and beside the invite button there will be recruit button which will let you send a message to either Clan, Alliance or Recruitment chat channels. The message will have a clickable link, which will allow players to join your mission.
  • Item linking in chat: This will allow player to show Mods, weapons, and other items in chat via a link.  The link will show details of the items sent, like when you preview an item in the store.
  • Clickable player names:  Currently you can click on the names of players who sent messages, but we want to have the same functionality for when you see a player name sent through the auto-complete feature.

Mission linking and clickable player names are the best ones.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a setting called INLINE PRIVATE MESSAGES

It used to work like this..

Every time you would receive a private message, it would show a purple text in every chat,

it worked just fine when you had multiple private message conversations because

when you would swap to answer the chat the text was the normal blue..

but now when you receive a private message all the tab pulse and when you doo to answer all of the private messages and in line messages notifications are the same colour..

On 23-2-2016 at 3:58 PM, DE_Adam said:
  • Mission linking in chat: This will allow players to select a Derelict Survival Key (for example) and beside the invite button there will be recruit button which will let you send a message to either Clan, Alliance or Recruitment chat channels. The message will have a clickable link, which will allow players to join your mission.
  • Item linking in chat: This will allow player to show Mods, weapons, and other items in chat via a link.  The link will show details of the items sent, like when you preview an item in the store.

what happened with this?