Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Rework

NovaBlue353

Hydroid is my favourite frame by far, but he really needs some love. I saw this video the other day about some rework ideas for him and I think they are some of the best ideas I have seen. 

The changes below are the ones he suggests in the video along with some of my own ideas.

Tempest Barrage

• Give it homing on enemies
  • + Power strength = more shots per second

Tidal Surge

• No changes

Undertow

• The ability to move in undertow slower than normal movement and no jumping.
  • The more enemies in undertow the more damage but the more it costs energy 
  • Percentage based damage
  • No longer invincible during undertow takes reduced damage
  • All other abilities 

Tentacle Swarm

• Tentacles are no longer stationary 
  • Either actively seek out enemies or move with Hydroid
  • +range affects the amount of Tentacles 

Props to Brozime for the video.

Let me know what you think of his and my ideas lets get Hydroid reworked :)

Edited by NovaBlue353

2 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

I want Tidal Surge to not be dependable on duration. It's great escape tool and its hurting to have it so low range on low duration builds.

I kinda agree with you if you made it scale with both duration and range it could be a monster ability. 

8 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

I want Tidal Surge to not be dependable on duration. It's great escape tool and its hurting to have it so low range on low duration builds.

umm hydroid is a duration frame. to the op. Tempest barrage having seeking makes no sense its to trap enemies in the select area which it does effectively. i agree with having undertow allow you to move, and to remove invincibility (this is something DE needs to move away from imo) but strongly disagree with turning it into a DPS power (its specific to area deny enemies in its effective radius). For Tentacle Swarm i agree that the tentacles should move around within its effective radius but disagree to them latching to hydroid or being centered on hydroid. i think the tentacle limit is due to lag issues just like what they did to kohm and sleight of hand to reduce having performance issues but in light of that i would ask for allowing 2 instances of the power rather than 1 @10 tentacles each (which cannot be cast right on top of each other).

Edited by EinheriarJudith

14 hours ago, SonicKirito101 said:

I support this idea... but I also think that Hydroid needs to have an appearance change too. 

I think the tentacles need a look reworked, but the rest of him is fine. If you are talking about the look  of the frame he is definitely one of the best looking ones.

5 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

maybe change tidal surge to a hold or toggle for distance?  

Thats a very interesting idea. Ramp up the cost but make it a toggle run around the map for days. It would have to have some major downside to it though, would be extremely fun.

^ yeah just adds more control to the skill....  

range could just affect width somehow.  duration could affect an added buff duration, or status immunity duration? or a stun duration?  or something....

wish de would make skills more complex than the super linear skills that having boring scaling and bad usability

Edited by hukurokuju5