The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Jump? Really?

(PSN)ShiroPhyla

4 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

As a player of PVP. Do you even need to see Oberon use that move more than once to know it doesn't work in this sort of game?

Wait, wut?  I thought you were thinking it was OP.  It does require being very close to actually get people with it.

Or, if you are saying it's OP, have you played other games where using powers or something renders opponents immobile for a short time so it allows your teammates to finish them off?  At the same time, unless you're using Heightened Reflexes, the cast time is about the same as the recovery time, so an opponent does have some room to escape or counterplay with their own ult.  Amongst ults, Oberon's Reckoning isn't really high on my list of targets for being too powerful; especially when we have Excal whom can pull out Exalted Blade and kill you with one slash and you had no way to know it was coming, and P2P lag causes you to be dead before you realize it.

3 hours ago, Lordricker said:

Also id say that the mechanics of pvp have less to do with pvp popularity than the problems peer to peer connections cause. If a brand new player joins a match and has 5 host migrations then are disconnected then i doubt they will have much interest in trying another match 

P2P connections...forgot about that being a problem, too.  That is a big reason I'm sure a lot of other people don't get into it.

On 2/25/2016 at 2:49 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

This is why overall movement and mobility is set to 0.9 by default on every Warframe in PvP.

Also, you think hitting someone bullet-jumping everywhere is hard? Try hitting someone while bulletjumping everywhere.

Yeah, there's a trade-off.

Also, you think hitting someone bullet-jumping everywhere is hard? Try hitting someone with a sword while bulletjumping everywhere.

FTFY