Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mummy warframe - why so ugly?

Ianrama

Now this is just my opinion, but i think the design is totally bad.It iss ugly not in a way that mummy can be ugly. Is not scary ugly - is lame ugly and is totally way out of the warframe style... or at least go too close to the touch line. Seeing this concept i have the feeling the main artist or design crew need a rest for a little.
- Calm yourself DE, we have too much warframes, too much weapons and too little balance. Let the artist rest and put more effort in balancing and scaling stuff.

Also .... i'm not very found of the idea for a 'Mummy', It is so cheesy i just can't stand it. I really hope you reconsider this frame idea and return it to design table.

In all around - frame that is half or more infested and use abilities similar as the Mummy will be awesome, but really - Mummy, like Oziris mummy?

Shialabeoufing time:
 - Nonononononononononononoononono, please!

Yeah, that's my 50'cents.

Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting if you feel the need to share or critic my opinion.
In any way - warframe has great art style until now - congratz for the artist team and wish them all the best work in the future, but this last thing is hideous (in a ways that Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool looks like happy Christmas tree). No fun.

to be fair, have you ever seen a handsome Mummy? I've been to museums and seen Mummies, the design is pretty close, with the decayed Black Skin and all.

still, looks are the most Subjective thing of all, I'm sure somebody will say it's one of the best looking frames they've ever seen. plus a Frame should be judged on it's powers, rather than it's looks IMO.

I can't imagine they'd release the thing we saw in that picture after just pushing out a beautiful looking Saryn Prime.

The concept and potential abilities behind that frame are sooooo tasty...but I won't be playing it because it feels cartoonishly ugly to me. So I'm just hoping that was a very, very rough model we saw.

I posted my thoughts on the frame in another thread that was talking about its look; see below for my 2 cents summed up:

Basically: anything that's "dried-up" (like a mummy) will NOT be curvy. Curvy things are full of water/moisture (ie Fruit, water balloon etc) so the look of the frame does not fit the theme in my opinion. The reference images I've added are of real mummies (and a gorilla, obviously) and the second image shows how I'd change the frame overall to make it feel more like a "mummy". 

lrHg93E.jpg

Edited by Leahzar

27 minutes ago, Miss_Fluffybutt said:

inb4lock?

Why would this be locked?

24 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

it is not their best work, almost rushed look to it. and i agree the idea of a mummy is alittle cheesy. but i will leave my mind open for final product when it is done.

Almost everything nowadays is called rushed by anyone.

I like the design, although or maybe because he Looks like Nekros 2.0

Well. yes. His limbs are a bit off. I suppose his calf design could work for bug frame. Bug-Mummy frame, too much to handle for me.

And he wears short pants (this is how it looks).

And dont look as mummy, and have nothing egyptian in it.

Wraps texture on torso is neat, it could fallow on limbs.

A mummy is cheesy but not the Monkey King and the Conqueror of the Seas? 

How about the pirate themed frame, or the magician? The French Tactician? No? How about the king of the fairies?

This isn't really any better or worse than the concept for many other frames. As long as the lore can justify it and his powers are awesome I don't mind.

that "ugliness" that you are calling it, fits perfectly with his theme, if anything, the frame that doesnt fit his theme is Atlas, he's a brawler frame, he's got wide upper body and neck, BUT, he's skinny, why DE... and also Chroma, he's more of a dragon than a Knight wearing a dragon's pelt, and Valkyr, why cant we have a buff female frame? especially as the "Berserker frame"