Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

I hate spamming Trade channel...in the recent update they added a trading place on Earth, i was happy i thought i will go there and some NPC will open up an Auction House Page for me.. but no its just another place to stand at while spamming WTB WTS... : ( 

Nope.If so a really big clan could buy all the cheap items,and sell them for really high prices.Inflation 101 and easily seen in games like World of Warcraft.So No.

I dont agree mate, i played countless amount of games with AH including WoW, and i never felt like i been paying some crazy price...it is even sometimes fun to mess around with the AH as an extra mini game.

The only reason i can think of to not do it is because it will be easier for people to get plat's without paying real money, but i am sure DE can counter that in some way so both they and we will gain from it.

The people who rely on items not having an easily-visible price (for haggling up on sales) are vehemently against it because it would drop their expected profits if buyers could see what items are actually going for.

And even though that point of view seems selfish, an auction house would actually lower prices on everything because supply on many items beats demand, it's just that trading is such a hassle that most people don't bother to try to sell most of what they have so the available supply at any given moment is lower than the total (when you inclue factors like having to be online at the same time with the current system).

The people who rely on items not having an easily-visible price (for haggling up on sales) are vehemently against it because it would drop their expected profits if buyers could see what items are actually going for.

And even though that point of view seems selfish, an auction house would actually lower prices on everything because supply on many items beats demand, it's just that trading is such a hassle that most people don't bother to try to sell most of what they have so the available supply at any given moment is lower than the total (when you inclue factors like having to be online at the same time with the current system).

Exactly! 

So the normal players can enjoy getting parts easier.

I see no problem with that.

Auction House would really help them and remove those scalpers.

Nope.If so a really big clan could buy all the cheap items,and sell them for really high prices.Inflation 101 and easily seen in games like World of Warcraft.So No.

This is crap. People would just use the trade chat if that were the case, and the big bad clan cornering the auction house would lower prices or continue to waste plat buying everything.

As was said before, some changes should be made to the game before making a AH viable. Changes like forcing us to use mods per frame, making us need more than 1 copy of the same mod per every frame that needs it unless we enjoy manually changing it before going to missions.

Something should also be done with weapon/frame parts just to increase demand (decaying over time, maybe) to make us need more than one piece per player.

Still the endless supply might be an issue, so to avoid endless offer and limited demand, parts should have a limited stock which is replenished, dunno, weekly, monthly, whatever (ie: 100k trinity prime bp monthly. If tgose 100k get delivered, you can forget farming it for free until next month) Keeping high the price of those pieces with a reduced stock while the common ones simply never stop dropping.

Maybe some more changes should be included to make an auction house viable for this small economy model, and personally, by watching players complain against RNG, these changes don't look like a good idea.

So the normal players can enjoy getting parts easier.

I see no problem with that.

Auction House would really help them and remove those scalpers.

I should probably point out that I'd like an auction house myself for easily buying and selling things.

However a lot of people get really, really angry whenever the subject comes up because they'd much rather sell things at much more than their potential value (based off the skewed apparent supply) than buy platinum themselves, and they will go into a bloody rage to prevent an auction house from happening.

Instead of brainstorming about a auction house, how about using what we have already - Maroo's bazaar, but with a little change to how it currently is - instead of going into "trade mode", we could go in "kiosk"-esque type of mode, where we could actually put what we want to sell and a price tag for what we want to sell it for?

Instead of brainstorming about a auction house, how about using what we have already - Maroo's bazaar, but with a little change to how it currently is - instead of going into "trade mode", we could go in "kiosk"-esque type of mode, where we could actually put what we want to sell and a price tag for what we want to sell it for?

i believe this is their intended goal, but for now the bazaar is a place where any joe schmo can go trade items with others without having to ask around for a dojo to use incase they dont have one

and for an auction house to work the limited demand issue needs to be tackled otherwise the prices of non-limited supply items will drop like a man wearing concrete shoes while jumping into the ocean. its not so much about players being butt hurt about their sales prices dropping, its also about how much less people will need/want to buy plat from DE.

This would mean that a lot of players will have to go AFK in the bazaar and leave their PC on for the whole night or something all the while they cant play. This kiosk-style trading has been in MANY Asian MMO's since... well.. ages ago. Its an outdated "playstyle" that doesn't fit Warframe in my opinion.

I don't see why they just don't add an auction house. Its a lot easier to get the value of items in one quick look. Also its scam friendly. A lot of people try to scam of new players who have no idea how much a certain item is worth. It has happened to me, from both sides that is (yes i am evil) I bought a mod from a player for waaay less platinium than the actual value because the player didn't know how much it was worth. But I've also been on the other end of the stick. I myself paid way too much for a certain mod, only to realize 5 minutes later in chat that other people were offering it for way less platinum.

I really don't see any disadvantages of an auction house. People say it ruins gameplay or make Warframe pay-to-win. Which is nonsense if you ask me because regardless of how you look at it Warframe has trading in the game its just not very noob friendly. Mastery-rank also limits the amount of trades one can do, so you cant buy everything from the auction house if you have an unlimited supply of cash.

If Warframe doesn't get an auction house they might as well remove trading all together. Right now trading is somewhere in between exchanging items privately between friends/clan members and involving public players awkwardly.

Your name is very appropriate here, as you are being completely irrational.

Even in a game like Eve Online where the market is the most free of any other MMO this kind of stuff is incredibly difficult to pull off.

The simple problem with such a strategy is that as soon as you buy up everything and start selling it at a high price you attract others to come and undercut you, which quickly drives prices right back down to where they should be.

The other issue with such a strategy, is that every item a player can buy in Warframe can be acquired for free through gameplay or bought directly from DE. You aren't forced into it, so it's impossible for someone to corner the market on anything.

Put the thing in already, but if you wanna drain some plat from the market, limit the number of items you can sell at a time, and open up more slots with plat.

No bidding just straight trade and ability to PM for negotiation.

Edited by TonyWong

No ty. I've seen what efficient trading system can do to a game. People just don't get it. They would like cheaper stuff maybe, or selling stuff more easily - but they fail to realize the aftermath of things and effect on game economy ecosystem. Diablo, magalomaniac franchise with bazilion of players totally removed this feature from game, although they have made millions daily out of it. Coincidence?

Efficient trade system invalidates drops. All of them. Now you can actually earn stuff in trading if you invest some time and effort. If any drop would be easy to sell we would see incredible price drops on all items. Everything in game would be accessible to anyone. Whole drop table should be heavily modified for this to work, There are infinite amount of drops and finite amount of players. Warframe does not have RNG system included on item stats, that means that every drop is nearly worthless. 

This is not easy to describe so take my word for it - it's a terrible, terrible idea. 

But some kind of limited trading system where you could post your stuff while you are online among limited community of few hundred ppl, that could work. But no global efficient trading system (AH) - never. 

Diablo, magalomaniac franchise with bazilion of players totally removed this feature from game, although they have made millions daily out of it. Coincidence?

Can you name anything other than Diablo 3 that removed their automated trading system?

Tons of other games that aren't D3 have automated trade systems and work just fine.  Runescape, Gaia, Mabinogi, and others I've played around with have no intent to remove their systems, even ones that were added late into the game (Runescape and Gaia notably added theirs well into development).

D3's was removed, not because it was a trading system, but because it undermined the point of the game and http://venturebeat.com/2014/03/19/meet-the-gamers-who-earned-big-in-the-now-closed-diablo-iii-real-money-auction-house/'>it dealt in real-world cash.

So using D3 as an example is cop-out.

It functioned differently and it's an outlier.

Edited by Rydian

The thing people whine of no degradation is solved quite easily now.

You use all your revives and die? Tough nubs, your crap is gone gone gone.

Die to an assassin? Yep its gone Jim.

People want to say their prices should be so high since we are actually discussing effective monospony and low knowledge ones at that?

Well let's have stuff break and vanish, thereby bringing that demand up.

Sounds crazy? Well so does acting as 4chan /pol/'s character of attention with items.

Except you guys already have plenty of fan art made for your plat loving ways.

I guess DE could come up with a system similar to A/H but instead of just leaving the item there you could go to a hub announce it there (like standing with a menssage on top of your frame's head) and wait for someone to ask you for trading. 

I remember something similar like this back in Ragnarok would be a intresting option to open more spaces in the hub, specialy in the second floor.

The trading relay was a decent idea for those with no dojo but for those with one it amounts to a slow process where ur forced to look at a ton of dojoless ppls vanity.

Trading ah would never work simply because it would devalue plat/ the worth of anything that u can sell and encourage botting which u can ask any player whose played an mmo about how it's pretty much destroyed their markets.

Imagine a nyx bp for example, u can buy them for 10p at most, what's to stop one guy from undercutting him,from making it 8p. What happens when 2 thousand people have a nyx bp they want to sell? Someone's gonna list it for 5 then 3 then eventually 1. It's not worth implementing and would damage the game irreparably.

I think they should split trade chat into diffrent windows, for example one chat for mods, one for kubrow/pets related stuff and one for parts, would streamline the process a ton.

Honestly if they wanted to they can easily use the bad vindictus system. Once you buy something from the market its bound to you. With gear on the otherhand we already sorta do the whole inflation thing. People selling cheap prime stuff for easy plat people buy resell for the higher prices its normal.

Honestly if they wanted to they can easily use the bad vindictus system. Once you buy something from the market its bound to you. With gear on the otherhand we already sorta do the whole inflation thing. People selling cheap prime stuff for easy plat people buy resell for the higher prices its normal.

The only reason that works for vindictus is because 99% of the game is mat grinding and crafting from raids which have a cap with horrible drop rates. Wf isnt like vindi, mats come easy and so are building prices, imagine a bp is a kraken fang, I could buy 5 easily but the progress to making it usefull risks destruction unless u hardcore p2w which vindictus has been guilty of for years. Also vindictus was pitted by gold bots years ago. Speaking from a 25k att karok.