Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

32 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

An auction house would likely make trading easier, yet at the same time also ruin prices.

Reduced prices but also a higher trade volume would likely even out to some degree. The only people it would have a serious negative impact on are people trying to get hundreds/thousands of plat by playing the market (these people are scumbags out there price gouging and anything bad that happens to them in game or in life is fine with me).  

Truly rare/limited things will retain a high value regardless.  The same price gouging scumbags can and will just corner the markets on rare gear and set the prices they want for them.  If anything prices on truly rare/limited things would likely RISE with an auction house because of the potential market control a few wealthy players could exert of it.  This happens often in other online games with auction houses.  Anything sold at below "the price" is simply purchased by the market controller and relisted at "the price".  

Conversely some things like gold fusion cores, would have to have a base value of atleast 1plat in an auction house system making it the base price for to go off of for ranked up/maxed mods add more real prices and reasons to those prices for valuable mods.  

The main place you'll be seeing prices collapse will be on things like Lifestrike, Quickthinking, Stances, etc.  They might sell for 10-20 plat right now but with enough supply and a limited demand their value will drop more so than they already have.  Which is probably a good thing as mods like these are "needed", trying to run a melee focused build without life strike or the one stance for that weapon type that also happens to be rare is basically impossible/non-viable.  

If they were going to institute an auction house ideally they make more mods have more ranks creating a dramatically increased demand for gold cores as the base traded item within the auction house and hopefully manage to bring enough incentive for people to pay more than 1plat for a gold core.  

Since we are on the subject, I'd like another tool added to trade in general where a Ui page is attached to Player Profile, so you could advertise what you wanted to sell, buy, and trade for, so players checking each other's profiles after a PUG, or alert can message you. 

This would also help players because they would have their selling inventory ready at a glance, instead rushing back to their mod station to see how many Defiled Snapdragons they have. 

Trade Chat is chaotic, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that difficult to get what you need, or make sales. Patience goes a long way in the long run between finding items dirt cheap, or selling items at maxed price depending on your luck, or timing of the week, or even day. 

14 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

How will it run the prices? People already buy "prime junk" less then for 1p.

Rare prime gear parts and prime access gear parts will always be very valuable. It's not like you can't buy Katana Prime set for 200p in first day of Saryn Prime Access right now. Ember Prime Set will still cost 800p after auction house. Because it's rare.

Everything that is still available will be reduced in price to almost nothing. We are talking about digital items here. They never decay and there is an unlimited supply to farm. The only stuff that would retain it's value are items that can not be farmed anymore like event mods, Primed mods Baro did not sell for some time, and stuff in the prime vault.

Everything that is still farmable would become next to worthless very shortly. And this would have a negative impact on nearly everyone:

• It would become much harder to make some plat by trading
  • DE would sell less plat because the stuff people need would become extremely cheap

The only people not much or only barely affected by it would be large scale re-seller that have the plat to stock up on stuff to sell later.

There are ways to ensure that available items do not become completely worthless. Yet that is another can of worms. Because the way other games usually do that is by reducing the drop chances of items, massively. Diablo 3 when it first came out is a good example. To make the auction house work they reduced the drop chances to the point that farming gold and then buying stuff in the auction house was basically the only way to go and get decent gear.

27 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Everything that is still available will be reduced in price to almost nothing. We are talking about digital items here. They never decay and there is an unlimited supply to farm. The only stuff that would retain it's value are items that can not be farmed anymore like event mods, Primed mods Baro did not sell for some time, and stuff in the prime vault.

Everything that is still farmable would become next to worthless very shortly. And this would have a negative impact on nearly everyone:

• It would become much harder to make some plat by trading
  • DE would sell less plat because the stuff people need would become extremely cheap

The only people not much or only barely affected by it would be large scale re-seller that have the plat to stock up on stuff to sell later.

There are ways to ensure that available items do not become completely worthless. Yet that is another can of worms. Because the way other games usually do that is by reducing the drop chances of items, massively. Diablo 3 when it first came out is a good example. To make the auction house work they reduced the drop chances to the point that farming gold and then buying stuff in the auction house was basically the only way to go and get decent gear.

^ This exactly. When the prices of items go down in an auction house and the only currency tradeable is Platinum, just think about how much it's going to kill the value of Platinum. This is bad news bears for DE and will ultimately crash the market and it may affect the way the game progresses in the future. Think about what you guys are asking for... 

We don't need an auction house, we need a simple buy order/sale listing system, a la EVE.

Limit it to a small handful of items based on Mastery Rank, like one item per few ranks like Extractors, then put it up in a searchable system where we can view all of an item's listed sale prices or outstanding buy orders.  The scarcity of listings at a given time will limit depreciation of item values, even potentially improving the salability of niche items or low demand items for those willing to occupy a sale slot with them.

Leave the Trade channel as it is for the especially trade-oriented folks.  Then we have a noiseless, no-hassle listing system and the same garbage we've always had.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

Trade is even worst when English is not your first language there were so many times i wanted to trade for something and i gave up and farmed it instead. The time you would need to spend in the current system to get what you want is crazy. The way i do it these days is i post on the trade tab between farming runs and i almost always get what i want from farming before i could find a reasonable seller who doesn't want double or more than the price they have on wftrading.

6 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Okay, no. If a blueprint has a 0.01% chance to drop in T3 surv, it's value will not drop. You know why? Because it's rare. Because there are more people who want to buy it than people who want to sell it. This is how free market works - Supply and demand, go ahead and read it. And than maybe read again what I originally posted.

This sentence is discounted with reality.

DE will always sell as much plat as possible.

Edited by SonicSonedit

5 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

Okay, no. If a blueprint has a 0.01% chance to drop in T3 surv, it's value will not drop. You know why? Because it's rare. Because there are more people who want to buy it than people who want to sell it. This is how free market works - Supply and demand, go ahead and read it. And than maybe read again what I originally posted.

Yes, but there are no blueprints in the Void with such low drop chances. The lowest drop chances according to data mining are around ~3%.

Maybe you want DE to change Void drop chances to 0.01% so you can have your auction house without ruining prices?

To quote myself:

Edited by ----Fenrir----

7 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:
13 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

DE would sell less plat because the stuff people need would become extremely cheap.

This sentence is discounted with reality.

Spoiler

DE will always sell as much plat as possible.

Funny, I just asked to reality and she said that DE sells as much platinum as players need to buy. And I agree, if prices go down I have no reason to buy a 4300 :platinum: pack over a 2100 :platinum: one unless I want to be a longer time without need of buying again. After all, apl DE can do to make some players buy platinum is giving us cosmetic stuff available only for platinum in the market, but who needs cosmetics to improve the gear? It only serves to make us feel like the prettiest princess of the party and nothing more. :clem:

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Added clem to increase friendliness in comment

i find trading to be one of the most positive aspects of WF.  when i don't feel like doing missions, i pop into trade chat... or i paste in my sell list when i'm working on mods/etc. 

that being said, could trade be done in a more convenient way? certainly... but you should be careful not to destroy the market in the process... which would not do anyone any good (especially me, since i've only sold the 2nd of 5 rhino p sets so far :P )

15 hours ago, Bro_Z said:

Source?

Previous poster lied to you lowest drop chance for a prime item in the void is a bit above 5%. The rarest item in the void is prebuilt forma, 2% in T3 sabotage and T3 survival. Can't link obviously. Hacked/datamined droptables etc. are forbidden to link here.

Tbh the current system is fine, except double loading screen to trade. Trade interface should be available from chat, instantly. No loading screens dojos and relays. That's the only needed change. 

28 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

Sorry, I don't see any point in continuing our argument because you don't read my posts.

The first comment is a straight response, lol.

On topic, the only way for an auction house to be viable is artificially limiting offer, which can be accomplished by:

1) making a big stock with fixed amounts of each piece, which is discounting whenever a part drops. This stock replenishes periodically, meaning that, if the piece you want has run out, your only chance to get it will be trading or waiting until the next restock. (We don't want that)

B) reducing drop chances to almost impossible levels

C) making pieces decay and making us need one copy of each mod per weapon/frame where we want to equip it.

Otherwise the huge offer with reduced use of stuff would get market to a point when stuff is barely sold, plummeting prices and reducing further the need of platinum, also making it easier to buy thibgs from AH to dedicated farmers than actually playing the game to farm for ourselves. And still auction houses are always exploitable to players with bigger platinum vaults. How that would not hurt the game?

Okay so we can all agree that some people claim prices will skydive and never balance out if an auction house is implemented.  I know otherwise, but peoples opinions are hard to change.

How about a room in the clan dojo, that allows auction house trading, but only to people in you clan/alliance.  Would this work or nah?

For those of you who keep posting "no auction house it destroys economy"  please leave, you are not welcome here.

Edited by robertgk2017

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Firstly, I think the current system is fine, it encourages players to be active to earn plat rather than earning plat while afk.

Secondly, I would be in favor of making trades to fellow clan members (though not to alliance members) not count against your daily trade allotment.

^^^

Says it as well as one could, really.

Auction houses will likely encourage an influx of people leeching/etc related activities to farm for auctionable resources, as well as a potential rush of 'gold spammers' or those of similar ilk. We have enough trouble as it is. This is my main problem with it.

Also, telling people they're 'not welcome' in 'general discussion' isn't... the best of plans.