Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

Just now, paragasu said:

0.02%? hmmm...not really more like 55%, since they are no harder to get than typical dungeon boss loot in other mmorpg, the only true rare mod is "prime chamber" while the other are just second tier rarity slapped with rare lable

Are you familiar with drop system in Warframe? Can you find rare mod on every second killed mob? Do you even Void?

Edited by letir

3 minutes ago, letir said:

Are you familiar with drop system in Warframe? Can you find rare mod on every second killed mob? Do you even Void?

yes I do void, I play other mmorpg also and that is why I said the so called rare mod is not even rare...sure we don't get it in every run or in every kill, but the drop is still pretty usual and most important thing is that, the number of people that actually getting it are prevelently high

1 hour ago, paragasu said:

yes I do void, I play other mmorpg also and that is why I said the so called rare mod is not even rare...sure we don't get it in every run or in every kill, but the drop is still pretty usual and most important thing is that, the number of people that actually getting it are prevelently high

So, you can get mod in 55%? I call it BS.

Most of times after Ext for 100-150 mobs player only get 2-5 mods... usually common and uncommon. Some Rare mods extremly hard to get even with regular grinding (Nekros and stuff).

Void? Certain parts have very small chance of dropping, like, 1-2%.

Event mods? Even worse, up to 0,2% and below.

Edited by letir

12 hours ago, letir said:

So, you can get mod in 55%? I call it BS.

Most of times after Ext for 100-150 mobs player only get 2-5 mods... usually common and uncommon. Some Rare mods extremly hard to get even with regular grinding (Nekros and stuff).

Void? Certain parts have very small chance of dropping, like, 1-2%.

Event mods? Even worse, up to 0,2% and below.

most important thing is that, the number of people that actually getting it are prevelently high

3 hours ago, paragasu said:

most important thing is that, the number of people that actually getting it are prevelently high

No, it's not that high, if you compare number of owners and number of players.

I see you're getting a lot of negative responses. I however, think this would be a good idea. What would be the harm of implementing something similar to Warframe Market within the game itself? I mean, people use it anyways, so might as well. All it would really do is save you a trip to your web browser and it probably wouldn't even be that hard to implement for DE, so I'm not quite sure why this topic has gotten so many negative responses to be completely honest. 

It might also cut some of that low balling we see far too often out of the equation, and that my friends, is not a bad thing.

People are already using a third party site as an AH. Might as well implement it and reduce the risk to your account. This might be more of a backend/resource issue since an active AH might mean more hardware and definitely will require devs to be assigned to it.

On 12/7/2015 at 8:10 PM, Ashafa said:

I don't agree mate, i played countless amount of games with AH including WoW, and i never felt like i been paying some crazy price...it is even sometimes fun to mess around with the AH as an extra mini game.

The only reason i can think of to not do it is because it will be easier for people to get plat's without paying real money, but i am sure DE can counter that in some way so both they and we will gain from it.

I don't think that's a problem. I mean, someone HAS to buy the plat for it to be used in the first place, so saying that this would hurt DE profits is a bit of a miss noma. EVE Online has successfully created a way to do things there, via the Plex system. Now, Warframe is not a sub based game, so there are differences that would need to be considered, BUT it is a good jumping off point to work things out with.

Mess around with AH yes...start by filling up the market make yourself some coin and soon enough someone with great capital will be the "owner" of it..specially on those occasion when baro pops around and some people need junk items ya know...

WoW was the most boring thing of all time to play with...its not even an example...every week when servers go down people would be selling stuff lower than usual and those with gold (like i did) would be buying the whole thing out and selling it double...or catching those bots always cutting for one gold...was fun posting one stack of random mat for 2 g and bot number 1 comes and posts 50 for 1g...profit...

with all that said....AH is a BAD idea (and im talking as one that would "exploit" it....)

There is a VERY VERY easy way for that to be stopped. Price limitations. Dark Desest dose this. It would help with things not getting stupiedly over priced, and you would not get people playing the markets as much, as there is only so far they would be able to go with it. Prices limitations would be based on the amount an item has droped in the past month, and would change on a DAILY bases, based on the past 30 days of drops. It would need some sort of script that would run daily to work it out, and the plat prices for items would be based apon what DE decied would be ok. Privite trades would still have no limit to them, and thus, people could sell things as sets for a better price.

Edited by TheJagji

• 3 months later...

didn't even realise people were still commenting on this lol. I think the naysayers just dont agree with the "auction" aspect but all i really want is a place to put my stuff onto for a fixed price and let it go instead of cluttering my inventory and so i can get some extra plat (iv'e spent enough money on this game before u suggest paying)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2015 at 2:26 AM, Rydian said:

I should probably point out that I'd like an auction house myself for easily buying and selling things.

However a lot of people get really, really angry whenever the subject comes up because they'd much rather sell things at much more than their potential value (based off the skewed apparent supply) than buy platinum themselves, and they will go into a bloody rage to prevent an auction house from happening.

I agree... the current method of trading is the most "archaic" system of trade I've experienced in a modern game. It's been over two years since I last played Warframe and I've just now came back and created a PC account after previously playing on the Ps4... and lo and behold still no updated to the UI for chatting and no organized method of trade. I still have to sit and "baby sit" the trade channel, speed read and scan numerous postings to see if there is anyone online at that time that is selling what I'm looking for.... and after finally receiving a response, it's all to often from some #$&(% who is trying to sell me something 2x or more the actual going rate. Granted I have met some fair and really helpful people doing trades but it's rare.

I should be able to go and search for items for sale by users, buy what I need, and go right back to playing the game... instead of taking up to an hour or longer from my game play to sit and scan a trade channel for items I need or items I'm trying to sell.