Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

Like you yourself pointed, you dont want to sell cheap as F*** stuff.

You somehow completely failed to understand me. I'll give explaining it another shot.

Trading in Warframe as it is now is incredibly horrid. Chat spam is a terrible relic of the past that DE have inflicted on players in the present. THIS is what is not worth bothering with. It should be incredibly clear from the fact that I explicitly stated that I sell many 2-5p mods that I very much consider selling them to be worth my time. I do want to sell cheap stuff. I just don't want to deal with such an awful method of doing so, which is why I use the vastly superior warframe.market.

trading is so broken. the amount of people who spam the chat and the amount of toxicity is insane. we should really  get an auction house which everysingle trading person would want to make trading less of a nightmare. the trading relay did nothing to help trading and an auction house would make trading much easier forever.

type in +1 if you support this idea

DE's issue is. Making Trade too easy will detract from people using money to purchase plat. As plat will keep getting circulated. I can see a functioning Auction House resulting in a large decrease in the number of people who purchase Prime Access, which I think is their main source of revenue.

DE is likely trying to find a way to make trade less messy but not to easy. That is likely what they tried to do with Maroo's Bazaar, but from what I hear, that its not very good.

I don't usually do trading much unless i need something... I know DE has introduced a trading relay around Earth... how is that ? I think it may be better than the chat tab... though i have not traded recently as of yet, but i always thought of having a trading post would be a good idea, because the trading tag posts move so fast like the text based intro of a computer booting up.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

+1

As long as auction tax will be credits only.

Hmm, I minor Plat tax could be something I could understand DE doing. Like You setup an auction for X time, and it costs a certain amount of plat to do it. Like 12 hours 1 plat, 24 hours 2 plat. Things like that. If the plat in minor (like under 5) I think it would be acceptable. But I don't trade much so I could be wrong.

That way DE is pulling a little of the plat out of the market and in DE fashion you're paying plat for the convenience of an easier time selling.

Maybe if you sell  for over a certain amount like <10plat is credits, over 10 plat is a 10% plat charge. Or base item type like Prime Parts auctions require plat to sell it, but mods only cost credits to auction.

I agree that a solution that might satisfy both DE and the players would be auction house features with a low trade tax of platinum. Regular trade chat could still coexist and be a way to avoid the trade tax but with less conveniance. A trade tax of 5% of the platinum value might be ok.

The chat is great choice if you want a good laugh. AshP set 450p always brightens my day.

Personally I love the trade chat it's fun. I love how there is no instant gratification like an auction house and you have to work to make a good deal.
I love the interactivity with the other players , seriously it's the only place where you must interact with your fellow players.

P.S : It's the best part of warframe.

-900p

Edited by whattheactual

DE's issue is. Making Trade too easy will detract from people using money to purchase plat. As plat will keep getting circulated. I can see a functioning Auction House resulting in a large decrease in the number of people who purchase Prime Access, which I think is their main source of revenue.

DE is likely trying to find a way to make trade less messy but not to easy. That is likely what they tried to do with Maroo's Bazaar, but from what I hear, that its not very good.

I think making trading easier would actually be good for DE, because the price of traded items that are anything less than ultra-rare would reduce to a minimum due to undercutting.  Eventually all plat will end up spent(by somebody) in the market on items that can't be traded and increases the relative value of plat by its' being removed from circulation. This would make it harder(but not impossible) to acquire higher priced items from the market, thereby increasing the attractiveness of just paying for plat without directly strong-arming free players into buying.

I think making trading easier would actually be good for DE, because the price of traded items that are anything less than ultra-rare would reduce to a minimum due to undercutting.  Eventually all plat will end up spent(by somebody) in the market on items that can't be traded and increases the relative value of plat by its' being removed from circulation. This would make it harder(but not impossible) to acquire higher priced items from the market, thereby increasing the attractiveness of just paying for plat without directly strong-arming free players into buying.

So wouldn't value of prime access also be decreased by all prime parts costing basically nothing? Also wouldn't this basically allow players to buy 500 plat for example and buy all primes in game?

Ultra rares - legendary cores, primed chamber?

The chat is great choice if you want a good laugh. AshP set 450p always brightens my day.

Personally I love the trade chat it's fun. I love how there is no instant gratification like an auction house and you have to work to make a good deal.

I love the interactivity with the other players , seriously it's the only place where you must interact with your fellow players.

P.S : It's the best part of warframe.

-900p

not everyone is an extrovert.

I see it as the worst part of the game.

The best way to make this happen without people trying to run the market is ANY item you buy off the auction house, cannot then be re-sold for a week.

This way people trying to make cash grabs or completely run the market will have a very hard time doing so. I'd even go as high as a month on bought items honestly.