Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

NO- Auction houses make you lazy. Stop trying to become wealthy, max level frames and MR with as little effort as possible. Play the game, the trade chat is part of that game.

IMO It's already very easy to make Plat without paying real $. Why do players want something for nothing (i.e., tons of plat to buy everything in game) without even putting in the time? Oh yeah I forgot "You Are the Entitled Generation".

Honestly, if an auction house got put into place, prices would drop like bricks for a lot of the items.  Warframe is already a buyer's market by a LARGE margin, and a lot of people making plat off of it are people who don't really have the opportunity to buy it.

Gonna favor the little guy here and say no, trading isn't fine as it is, but I'd certainly prefer it over an auction house.

To me auction house posts sound like:

i want this to be added cus theres alot of stuff i want (nezha, loki deluxe skin, event puncture set, etc) and i'm too lazy to get new stuff to sell for plat now as everything i have which used to be expensive is now quite cheap :/ and i have to suffer grinding for plat just to get them :/

Sorry, but had to fix it.

Btw:

Prices will go down mostly because everyone will want "their stuff" being sold before other player stuff, and the only chance for that is putting a lower price than my neighbors) everyone will do the same, ending in everything being sold at low prices, and thus an excess of offer and a pretty low (if none) demand.

I'm getting bored of how forums are broken with the AH threads frequently popping. At least try using the search function and bump old threads instead of keep creating new ones

Quoting myself from another of the many threads about this auction house, explaining how it might not work except for lazy players and for a short time

Not that easy man, remember we are on a game with unlimited supplies and limited demand of everything, this allows us to farm as many copies of as we want for anything, being this the reason why items devaluate over time (more players getting their copy of the stuff, less players needing it.

The only way to keep high prices would be limitation of supplies (and I'm not talking about rng, because there will always be farmers farming both, keys and rare pieces 24/7 in order to earn platinum) but reducing the stock (x amount of certain pieces, restocking each Y period of time. If all the pieces are gone, you have to wait for the restock or buy to somebody else, artificially inflating prices).

If you don't believe me, all you need is to check how frost prime, latron prime and reaper prime set prices dropped when the vault opened, and how these sets prices got inflated when they were just vaulted and how their price kept going up due to players buying said pieces to build their own primed frosts/latrons/reapers and thus reducing the market stock. You can do the same with ember/glaive/sicarus prime sets (currently vaulted), or if you want an extreme case of inflation due to offer/demand just go on trade and try buying a primed chamber (about 110 confirmed copies in the whole game, maybe a few more obtained on bugs)

I'd rather have auction house. Prices are already being controlled, but by third party web sites. Supply is limited due to drop frequency and time limit availability.

Some people find barter and haggling stressful and unpleasant. An alternative for them is only fair.

There are alternatives to chat spam but the only ones under dev control are these forums. Rather only trust dev ran solutions.

What we have now avoid no ah problems and fails to give convenience.

AH are out of question. 

You guys need to understand something, Warframe is NOT a MMO, its a multiplayer co-op game wich may resemble a MMO due to some of its aspects but its fundamentaly different due to the mechanics implemented to its core gameplay. 

Again, auction houses are out of question due to being easily exploitable and can create a huge inflation in prices of some items and highly decrease the value of others making the whole trading system going to hell and DE with their income. 

Least people here froget games like WoW suffer greatly due to this kind of approach in some servers and cause a huge economical stability due to some big Guilds owning the entire economy and dictating their own prices.

With that said, earn what you desire stop trying to find pitfull excuses for your lack of effort...

Here is your only real option right now:

https://warframe.market/

Much less painful then the trade channel.

Not everyone in Warframe use this and i am one of them. Why i absolutly need to go on an exterior source to meaby have the luck of selling something that most of the time is only ask by new people or have so little value than you just might give it away for free. 

You can't go around trying to sell stuff because people are lazy and thry will go at the first thing (meaning the horrible trade chat) to buy or sell stuff. Because there's a bigger market for thing over there.

AH are out of question. 

You guys need to understand something, Warframe is NOT a MMO, its a multiplayer co-op game wich may resemble a MMO due to some of its aspects but its fundamentaly different due to the mechanics implemented to its core gameplay. 

Again, auction houses are out of question due to being easily exploitable and can create a huge inflation in prices of some items and highly decrease the value of others making the whole trading system going to hell and DE with their income. 

Least people here froget games like WoW suffer greatly due to this kind of approach in some servers and cause a huge economical stability due to some big Guilds owning the entire economy and dictating their own prices.

With that said, earn what you desire stop trying to find pitfull excuses for your lack of effort...

I'm going to be "that guy".  Warframe is an MMO.  Just saying.

That being said; several people here are a bit harsh with their words.  Some of us have demanding jobs and limited time to play the game.  I've sat for 2 hours on my day off just trying to sell something; and lets not get started on trying to buy something at a fair price since you have to be on at exactly the right time for that.   There's no "effort" in trading in Warframe.  It's just sit there, paste, wait.  Repeat until someone bites. 

I'm personally against an auction house in this type of game however.  I'm all for a type of system where we can AFK in an area and sell a limited amount of goods (Bazaar).  They could leave trading as is, as well as have this system. 

I don't want to spend my free time spamming trade chat.  Or worse, having to travel to a special relay and spam its chat.  I want to spend my time running missions, and shooting/hitting stuff.  I'd use a consignment or auction-house system, if it's not too cumbersome or time-consuming.

BTW, there is an easy way to prevent people from 'playing the market.'  Just flag any items that are bought via the market, so they cannot be resold.  TERA's AH does this.  Although, playing the market can be a draw for some people, and will keep them playing the game.

BTW, there is an easy way to prevent people from 'playing the market.'  Just flag any items that are bought via the market, so they cannot be resold.  TERA's AH does this.  Although, playing the market can be a draw for some people, and will keep them playing the game.

this is true, this completely negates peoples worries about market control

To all the people concerned about plat prices falling, here's a solution I've floated before:

Make it cost [x] plat to put something up for auction. Say, 20-60p or thereabouts.This means that things will always sell for 21-61p minimum if someone wants to actually make a profit. Therefore trade chat will still work as it presently does, but people like me who enjoy playing the game rather than lurking trade chat can now buy and sell things reasonably quickly instead of lurking in trade chat for hours and hours hoping to see "WTS [whatever I'm looking for.]"

So wouldn't value of prime access also be decreased by all prime parts costing basically nothing? Also wouldn't this basically allow players to buy 500 plat for example and buy all primes in game?

Ultra rares - legendary cores, primed chamber?

Primes already cost almost nothing if you farm them. It's time vs money, If you have time you don't need the money, if you have money it doesn't take time... OH CRAP! I've just realized something.

Any game with an AH of any type, inevitably ends up with tons of 3rd party gold(plat in this case) sellers and currency farmers, leading not only to a major degradation of the game and community but potential financial losses for the developers. Direct player to player trading can't be automated. 

As much as I personally dislike trade chat. I guess what the game really needs is for the systems we already have to be improved rather than replaced.

Primes already cost almost nothing if you farm them. It's time vs money, If you have time you don't need the money, if you have money it doesn't take time... OH CRAP! I've just realized something.

Any game with an AH of any type, inevitably ends up with tons of 3rd party gold(plat in this case) sellers and currency farmers, leading not only to a major degradation of the game and community but potential financial losses for the developers. Direct player to player trading can't be automated. 

As much as I personally dislike trade chat. I guess what the game really needs is for the systems we already have to be improved rather than replaced.

Okay, so make it so that parts bought from the auction house can't be traded again after being bought. Those 3rd party gold farmers thus have to farm up their supply like normal tenno.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Okay, so make it so that parts bought from the auction house can't be traded again after being bought. Those 3rd party gold farmers thus have to farm up their supply like normal tenno.

So they can't be traded anymore, but what about prices all dropping to bottom and buying all the prime stuff at start of game thus significantly reducing game length? Only thing preventing currently that is horrible nature of trade chat, making people not bothering with this. You still need only one of each prime item set. And you get that crap while farming for other crap so leading to over supply. If Barro dropped for every week and gave good stuff every time at higher prices, perhaps it would be sufficient prime part drain.

I would be happy for an item search. If I could mark items or even sets for sale, someone could then search for the item they want, my item pops up and they can PM me asking for a price. I dunno. It seems like it would alleviate the mess of the chat channel for those that don't want to dive into it while still allowing people to sell independently and not having to worry about fixed prices or other such nonsense.

So they can't be traded anymore, but what about prices all dropping to bottom and buying all the prime stuff at start of game thus significantly reducing game length? Only thing preventing currently that is horrible nature of trade chat, making people not bothering with this. You still need only one of each prime item set. And you get that crap while farming for other crap so leading to over supply. If Barro dropped for every week and gave good stuff every time at higher prices, perhaps it would be sufficient prime part drain.

This is not a problem with the auction house idea.  This is a problem with the way endgame itemization and tradable loot is being handled in general.  Perhaps more sweeping changes are required.

Okay. So in addition to making auction-bought parts untradable after purchase, implement a fee to put something up for sale in the auction house, like I suggested earlier.

Okay. So in addition to making auction-bought parts untradable after purchase, implement a fee to put something up for sale in the auction house, like I suggested earlier.

Ok, I went back and re-read it does sound fine for setting up restrictions on prices where it wouldn't drop to ridiculous levels. I am somewhat convinced or at least I can't think of any good arguments :)

To all the people concerned about plat prices falling, here's a solution I've floated before:

Make it cost [x] plat to put something up for auction. Say, 20-60p or thereabouts.This means that things will always sell for 21-61p minimum if someone wants to actually make a profit. Therefore trade chat will still work as it presently does, but people like me who enjoy playing the game rather than lurking trade chat can now buy and sell things reasonably quickly instead of lurking in trade chat for hours and hours hoping to see "WTS [whatever I'm looking for.]"

Players will complain anyways "why do i have to pay to sell my stuff?" After all they'll be wasting 20P to earn 21P (i'm not a math genius, but this is about 1p per sale. Same if the price was 60P and they might end selling for 61 just to improve their chances of being picked) doesn't solve the main issue, but at least gives commodity to players and majes plat leave the market, increasing chances of players screaming "MONEYGRAB! buying platinum instead of just farming to sell their stuff or buying and reselling to increase their income. Edited by -----LegioN-----

It's not like prime gear will instantly drop to 1p if/when an AH is implemented.  The price floor for prime parts will be determined by the cost and value of the items Baro sells.  He is the item sink for prime parts.  Players will buy up cheap prime parts in the AH, convert them to ducats, use the ducats to purchase items from Baro, and sell those items on the AH.  Players will do this up to the point where it is no longer profitable to do so, creating an equilibrium price for the prime parts.

Players will lower their prices to increase their chances of their items being picked up instead of the items from other players. Current trade tax isn't used as conversion method (it could, it gives everything a price in credits, platinum included, and if both players were paying a similar tax, the trade might be considered as "balanced") i guess the same might happen if ducat value was set as reference for prices