Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

Dont argue with "prices will plummet" no one yet proven that it will happen.

If someone says that it will happen respond with "no it will not, show some evidence".

I agree, but if we were to wait for them to show solid evidence that an AH/ Market is a flawed system, we would die of old age, as the evidence is nowhere to be found at... There are only 2 ways an AH/Market ''to not work'' and those are Incompetence/Greed, neither of which is a fault of the system itself.

Might aswell pour some sense into their brains, not that a scammer would ever agree with a marketplace under any circumstance, but atleast the next time he writes up ''prices will plummet'' in a thread like this, there is going to be an echoing voice in the back of their head: ''Liar... Liar...''

The ONLY kind of auction house I could support is something similar to Runescape's Grand Exchange. Auction houses where you can see individual buyer and seller prices destroy the value of items.

Whenever a thread suggests an auction house, I always refer to how successful Runescape's Grand Exchange is.

I definitely would love to see something like that in this game.

Honestly, I do not understand why people and DE are against an Auction House.  I understand that people who take advantage of people in unfair trades want to keep their advantage, but the buyer is at the mercy of the seller with no reference as to what a fair price is for an item.

The trade mechanism is terrible, even with Maroo's Outpost, one still needs to travel and load screens and then find the seller.  

Yes, the old addage expression "Caveat Emptor" or buyer beware still applies, but many people take advantage of the uninformed which is not fair.

An Auction House would allow people to see historical records of fair prices paid for items.

Have there be a plat tax (to remove plat from the system as needed to ensure new plat gets bought for DE).

No.  It's not fair to players to charge any currency other than what can be earned in game without resulting in trading.  It should also be a non-tradable currency.  

I am in favor of an auction house with the following restrictions:

No deposit, 5 to 10% tax for the buyer based on Mastery Rank.

Selling prices are not shown.  Price history is displayed.  Amount of offered items is not shown. Multiple purchases of the same weapon, sentinel or warframe part are not allowed on the same account (perhaps in 24 hour period).

I am against the suggested "see what players are selling it and if they are online, pm them"   That's inefficient and too much of a burden.  Many different players are in time zones that allow them to play while the other person is asleep, at work or somehow unavailable.

I agree, but if we were to wait for them to show solid evidence that an AH/ Market is a flawed system, we would die of old age, as the evidence is nowhere to be found at... There are only 2 ways an AH/Market ''to not work'' and those are Incompetence/Greed, neither of which is a fault of the system itself.

Might aswell pour some sense into their brains, not that a scammer would ever agree with a marketplace under any circumstance, but atleast the next time he writes up ''prices will plummet'' in a thread like this, there is going to be an echoing voice in the back of their head: ''Liar... Liar...''

I feel offended.

Everytime anyone is against a AH is accused of be a scammer.

That is simply false.

I do not trade cause i hate the system that we have to trade. And its true. Its filled with scammers that don't like a system more flexible.

And face it. Everytime the supply is wide large that demand the prices plummet.

That is what happens in real world.

In fact there are so many examples that the burden of proof lies with you.

And yes, AH nor any kind of market can't go on driven with incompetener/Greed. But that is simply common sense.

Honestly, I do not understand why people and DE are against an Auction House. I understand that people who take advantage of people in unfair trades want to keep their advantage, but the buyer is at the mercy of the seller with no reference as to what a fair price is for an item.

The trade mechanism is terrible, even with Maroo's Outpost, one still needs to travel and load screens and then find the seller.

Yes, the old addage expression "Caveat Emptor" or buyer beware still applies, but many people take advantage of the uninformed which is not fair.

An Auction House would allow people to see historical records of fair prices paid for items.

No. It's not fair to players to charge any currency other than what can be earned in game without resulting in trading. It should also be a non-tradable currency.

I am in favor of an auction house with the following restrictions:

No deposit, 5 to 10% tax for the buyer based on Mastery Rank.

Selling prices are not shown. Price history is displayed. Amount of offered items is not shown. Multiple purchases of the same weapon, sentinel or warframe part are not allowed on the same account (perhaps in 24 hour period).

I am against the suggested "see what players are selling it and if they are online, pm them" That's inefficient and too much of a burden. Many different players are in time zones that allow them to play while the other person is asleep, at work or somehow unavailable.

You are mainly concerned about scammers and painful unefficient unfriendly market and they (DE) are concerned about the effect over the economy of the game.

I understand you. No one like scammers nor trade chat.

But you must know also that in a classic AH there's many strategies that drives to groups that can control the market and his prices.

I want a better trading system too. More friendly user.

Selling prices are not shown. Price history is displayed. Amount of offered items is not shown.

This is maybe the better improvement on this debate made in at least 3 pages.

If not a solution it will help a lot with the instaknow effect.

And now. As i said before.

Lets between us make the metrics of the game and make a real effort to approach points of view.

Saryn prime is just about to enter on scene.

On the next edition of this thread we must give data of how many sets we get for how many games we play. Even better if we datamined those datas.

And make a simple math to se how many sets gonna have in X time and if beyond Y point the market will crash or no.

A rules that all of we agree. So we can get a conclusión.

Otherwise its simply hotair.

Who suscribe this method?

What your rules?. Your expected results and how you read this data?. And as in science, theory must be falsable. So what results may invalidate your claims?

The reasons why DE will NEVER implement an auction house have been stated in many old posts. Without an auction house, players will be able to easily price gouge which keeps Platinum in high demand which means more profit for DE. Improvements to the trade system will NEVER happen as long as DE is more concerned more with profits than player satisfaction.

I feel offended.

Everytime anyone is against a AH is accused of be a scammer.

That is simply false.

Wth?! Are you misinterpreting what i say on purpose?! It seems like it... I never said ''everyone who does not agree with the Marketplace idea is a scammer!'', I just said that the trade chat is filled with scammers, none of which would be willing to agree to a Marketplace under any circumastance in threads like this...

If you are doing this on purpose, so you can feel oh so ''offended''... Stop it!

And face it. Everytime the supply is wide large that demand the prices plummet.

That is what happens in real world.

In fact there are so many examples that the burden of proof lies with you.

Did you read ANY of my previous comments in the thread? You didn't, did you?! I advise you to look them up so i don't have to pointlessly repeat myself...

Without an auction house, players will be able to easily price gouge which keeps Platinum in high demand which means more profit for DE.

Oh, you mean like it is at the moment? The ''High Demand'' you speak of lasts 1 week after an item is released, after which its price instantly plummets into oblivion, which forces DE to release newer content constantly to make people like you think there is a ''High Demand'', and leads to an increasingly progresive milking strategies from De which throws the free users(farmers) in the mud, sinking deeper, and deeper, and deeper...

Edited by kleerr2

It's not necessary to try and glean empirical data supporting claims when the end users of a product have no access to the data.  It's analagous to shoppers who buy an item and then have a discussion with another shopper inquiring as to how many people bought said product broken down by region and country by demographics.

The facts that I can give you are as follows.

1.  No Warframe player that I have ever played with and discussed auction houses with has ever said that they don't want one.  It's not a giant sample set, but it is significant.

2.  There have been MMOs who have successfully implemented auction house systems where corruption and market manipulation have been addressed.  Please reference PSO2 and Eve Online.

3. Just because there has been no auction house created does not mean that DE will never make an auction house in Warframe.  To quote a famous man: "Never say never".  

4. Additionally, they are definitely trying to address the problems.  Please reference the Maroo Bazaar.  It fails to solve the lack of auction house problem, but it is an attempt.

5. The current trading system is terrible.

Whenever a thread suggests an auction house, I always refer to how successful Runescape's Grand Exchange is.

I definitely would love to see something like that in this game.

I also refer to Runescapes Grand Exchange. The difference with their GE and an AH is that the GE is a REQUEST service, and I think that it is this kind of system that WF users might want.

The GE system works as follows:

- You place your order for either the item you are wanting to sell, or the item you are wanting to buy.*

- You set the value that you are prepared to pay.

- When someone lists a request that matches yours, they automatically pair up and transact with each other* (whether you are online or not, but perhaps for WF the trade/request is only active while you are online in the game.)

*There is no time limit on this request, the requests are forever until cancelled by you or until the request is met.

*And yes, there is price tolerance, if someone listed an item for less than your offer, you will get some refund etc etc.

When you select an item, the GE will give you the current median price, and you can choose to use it, or set your own from there. So that people trying to buy or sell, at least have SOME idea of the value of the commodity. The GE also gives item suggestions from keyword searches, so sometimes you might buy something you hadn't previously considered.

Trading between players is also still allowed outside the GE.

For more information on how the GE works: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

Please note under Pricing:

Prices are partly governed by the Laws of Supply and Demand:

• If an item is in high demand with low supply, then its price will increase.
  • If an item is in low demand with high supply, then its price will decrease.
  • If an item's demand matches its supply, then its price will stay the same.

Jagex can also intervene and set the prices themselves, and they reserve the right to intervene when they believe price manipulation is occurring on an inexcusable scale.

I liked this better, than an Auction House perse', where stuff constantly needs to be relisted, where stuff is tied to the name of an individual freely visible to all, and where all the items currently on offer are exposed and viewed all at once. The GE is faceless transactions, it's just like buying from the market.

Arguments about people with low MR buying things "they shouldn't have", shut up already. They can do this in trade can't they? They can do this by buying built things directly from the market too. So really its a pretty hollow argument, because they can ALREADY do those things, you just want to make it "more inconvenient" for them, but it doesn't make it harder or less accessible. Quite often they might join a clan and be given things to help, which means no plat is used at all.

"Prices will plummet" is another argument. Initially they might, because when you introduce anything new, that is often the case, the prices destabilize for a period and then correct themselves. If you can't see what the other offers are available, like you currently can on the third party trading sites, then maybe the price chasing wont be an issue.

If they have a historical record of the last 20 or so trades in the commodity people will know what is s fair range to buy or sell items.

The biggest problem with the current system it is predatory and takes advantage of the innocent.  There is NO record of how much anything is worth.  People must rely on the good nature of traders to do "price checks" which rarely get any response.  

If there was an Auction House, this problem would be solved.

The biggest problem is that most people do not have the time to dedicate to the trade channel.  You cannot even see the trade or recruiting channels when you are in a mission.  

The Maroo's Bazaar does not help at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

i don't mind trade chat and don't see why many people seem to think it's difficult to use.  I enjoy trading in WF.  I trade when i don't feel like running missions.  I feel that trading is one of the most positive aspects of the game.

Of course making trading easier and more convenient would be nice, but I don't know what effect that would have on the market or value of items.