Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

I disagree. Most the games people are referencing you forget one thing. In those games, you cannot pay real money for the currency needed to trade. You earn that currency primarily in game only.

In this game, you have a trading currency that is only earned via real cash, with a coupon system also in place which values / devalues it greatly in many people's eyes. If you were to implement an AH, it would greatly hurt the economy of this game in many ways because you take the time and effort away from the actual process.

Trust me, i HATE trade chat and it is a cancer, but it's essential. The best thing you can use for now is the warframe market website, which i personally LOVE. But if you review the trend on that site, which takes tons of the legwork out of trading, you can see the value of many items is way less then the trade spam prices already are. You sacrifice price for conveinance here, but still need to go through the normal channels to get the trade done in game.

I truly believe that if you did warframe market, build it in the game and automate the process...then the prices will just plummet because many people who have tons of parts etc that are considered rare but hate the trade process and dont bother. Now these people will flood the market and drive prices to oblivion. This is great for some players who buy plat with cash, horrible for people who live off of trading and spend no real money, and ultimately disaterous for DE because people have no use for much plat at all anymore.

Personally having a WTS tab and a WTB tab would make my day. Everyone is to lazy to type their names so the WTS clutter the chat.

Someone will post:

"WTB Atlantic Vulcan"

Random people with them reply:

"WTS Atlantic Vulcan"

Then I'll type that person a whisper and win the sell. This happens all day long as more often then not that person looking to buy is just waiting for offers not staring at the chat.

Edited by (PS4)Panzer-Strike

If done correctly, then yes, it could end up being good. HOPEFULLY...it doesn't end up the way D3 did with its auction house, with people just playing the auction house and flipping items and whatnot.

you cant really flip items in auction houses

trade chat is all about flipping

+1

I want to play Warframe, not Tradeframe. I have extra stuff that is junk to me, but someone else could use it, and the plat I could get for it wouldn't be worth the time spent finding buyers. Automate transactions and it would be worth it.

This is a perfect explanation. 

I have so many duplicates of rare mods or prime parts that people want. But do i want to spend 30 minutes in Trade to get a buyer for something worth 5 platinum? Nope. More often then not, I'd rather keep it as junk in my inventory than go through that work for 5p. 

Also, it would probably help prices better too when the 10,000 people with a dozen Split Chamber mods have an easy venue to sell it so the one guy currently willing to go through the effort to sell doesn't over value the mod and try to sell it at 100p just because he thinks no one else has one...

+1

I support this idea and / or the idea or revamping the way we trade

What we have now is this. I get in trade chat and say "WTB Max Primed Flow" within a few seconds I will get a whisper. Typically its only one word reply... "offer" (This reply is oh so much better when its you replying to someones spam of them selling something) At this point I normally ignore the person and wait for someone who knows what they want for the item they are selling however I have been know to troll them with an offer of 1p. Oddly they dont like this offer. See I get it. The seller is asking you to offer hoping you will offer an insane price over what they "think" its worth. The seller if they are smart is gonna low ball for their best interest. So our current trade system screws over slower players who will offer insane amounts or for smart players will offend the seller with a low price in hopes of haggling often times results in the buyer getting blocked cause the seller is offended. Hense... Trade chat is broken. I am not saying make an auction system I am saying make something that works better.

Just my 2 cents.

I truly believe that if you did warframe market, build it in the game and automate the process...then the prices will just plummet because many people who have tons of parts etc that are considered rare but hate the trade process and dont bother. Now these people will flood the market and drive prices to oblivion. This is great for some players who buy plat with cash, horrible for people who live off of trading and spend no real money, and ultimately disaterous for DE because people have no use for much plat at all anymore.

Finally, guy who uses his brain and gets it! On forums? Is it possible??

trading is so broken. the amount of people who spam the chat and the amount of toxicity is insane. we should really  get an auction house which everysingle trading person would want to make trading less of a nightmare. the trading relay did nothing to help trading and an auction house would make trading much easier forever.

type in +1 if you support this idea

I would appreciate an auction house as a player.

However, RipLined from General Discussion to Feedback General.

What would help us is a traditional MMORPG auction house where you store your item and set the desired price and it'll stay forever there until someone buys it or removed by you.

However... many traders in WF support the on-time trading which is what we have now sooo.... our only hope is the trading website, don't forget to update your info constantly because many people talked to me about the stuff I posted in that website a long time ago o.0 thought no one uses it anymore. "Wrong again, Ordis!"

trade tab and chat in general sure could use some tweaks. Like saving chat logs for few hours, being able to apply filter which would colorcode and highlight demanded phrases (like WTB, ash, junk etc.) removing all ignored user's msgs from window (or is it a thing already?). bazaar offering could be automated sales, if buyer finds price appropiate (how's that different form AH? You're locked out of doing anything else than chatting when offering stuff in bazaar)

But auction house? no way.

When I see another weekly AH post, I see new(ish) user who thinks AH will let him easily sell orthos prime set for let's say 50p. Or older user who avoided trading and thinks selling their sulpurs of split chambers for 5 each or more is going to happen. It's very unlikely to happen now, I'm sure there is 0 chance of such deal taking place in AH envoirement.

As for price gougers... They're necesary. Because every single "WTS ash, 450p" makes it a bit easier to sell said ash for 200p, which also is also heavily inflated price (I wonder if it's due to fact how hard it's to obtain normal ash nowadays).

For the same reason, flagging sold items is... Meh. And very dangerous meh that is. It'd turn this "chaotic mess" into "complete hellhole". Without people pushing items, buying cheap to sell at higher price later on, fragile balance we have would be utterly obliterated. Because there would be no average pricing... It'd be a salty venomous hellhole filled with raging newbs, because everybody knowing their trade would be driven away.

Expensive items, like ips mod sets or deluxe bundles, do drive WF economy. Because ninjas play for free, but ninjas also want their shiny sheez, so they'll work themselves out to get that plat and drain it from paying customers.

While others will simply buy plat.

And it's working how it's supposed to be (I think so at least).

edit: woo, 200'th post

Edited by 5HV3N

It would be cool to have auction house.

Trade chat is usable, but it is flood so spotting or being spotted, and chance that somebody will be interested in what we have are slim. Even in trade chat RNG rules.

Rules for auction house:

1. We can only set price in plat

2. We can post the item for 1day, 3 days or whole week. After that time item comes back to him via messenger.

3. Seller pays posting fee at start queal to = plat price * number of days * 100 credits.

Reason:

I have some iteams which for someone probably have some value (let it be 1plat), but i am too lazy to post it in chat. While sending it once in auction house is max time i am ready to sacrifize for that. If this items are collecting dust in my inventory nobody benefits from that.

There need to be some posting fee otherwise spammers & scammers will rule the place.

Edited by felixsylvaris

giphy.gif

People are going about this whole Auction House nonsense in entirely the wrong way. 

I should make a thread about an idea that actually could work but I just need to find the willpower to find the time to create said thread.

Edited by Keybopsef

• 2 weeks later...

OP there is a site (https://warframe.market/)  that works just like an auction house. There is a search bar for the items, you can find the offers of other players and find a seller or a buyer. It is easy to sign up and it has a method for verify your account without giving your account's data.

I hope that that will help you.

Edited by DoctorWild

1 minute ago, DoctorWild said:

OP there is a site (https://warframe.market/)  that works just like an auction house. There is a search bar for the items, you can find the offers of other players and find a seller or a buyer. It is easy to sign up and it has a method for verify your account without giving your account's data.

I hope that that will help you.

This.

but it does require we are online and active however :P nothing is automated