Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashafa

Auction House

Recommended Posts

Doesn't mean to disrespect, but this topic has been brought out so many times, that we are starting to hate this.

And combining all the responses of such posts, Auction House will eventually trigger negative impact to the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP there is a site (https://warframe.market/)  that works just like an auction house. There is a search bar for the items, you can find the offers of other players and find a seller or a buyer. It is easy to sign up and it has a method for verify your account without giving your account's data.

I hope that that will help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoctorWild said:

OP there is a site (https://warframe.market/)  that works just like an auction house. There is a search bar for the items, you can find the offers of other players and find a seller or a buyer. It is easy to sign up and it has a method for verify your account without giving your account's data.

I hope that that will help you.

This.

but it does require we are online and active however :P nothing is automated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer if Tenno could drop a Cephalon in Maroo's Bazaar to handle their "shop."  Sellers could set an instant buyout price or a minimum starting bid/suggested retail point, or simply put the item up for sale but with no mentioned price.  They could choose to hide or make public all of the offers players have made on the item, and then the seller can go ahead and confirm the sale towards whomever they fancy, if they fancy any of them at all.  The selected buyer then gets a prompt to accept or deny the confirmation, finalizing or nullifying their offer.

The issue people against an AH have with the AH is their lack of control.

The issue people have with the current trade setup is all the time they have to spend reading scrolling text for something they want then dealing with some doof that merely states "offer" for a price.  A sort of automated shop with the above rules takes out the haggling/"socializing" (can't really be called that) concept while keeping control in the hands of the sellers, and gives EVERYONE more time to play the game as opposed to playing the market.  Throw in a search function to only reveal sellers selling the item the player is searching for, and I think we'll have a system that's close to an auction house, but still retains a seller's market.

Really, it's the standing around in the Liset and fishing/spamming the chat box that's the real problem with trading.  Take out the necessity of the chat box and the whole scene should improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, khazlol said:

This.

but it does require we are online and active however :P nothing is automated

You want it easy, maybe too easy. If everyone could sell things so easly, the prices of everything would drop, too much supply and pratically no demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoctorWild said:

You want it easy, maybe too easy. If everyone could sell things so easly, the prices of everything would drop, too much supply and pratically no demand.

Here, listen to this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently we have Maroo's Bazaar and the devs have said previously that they plan to add more to it and will be looking at it further in the future, just a matter of having patience because the devs have so many other priorities right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, no way in hell,  rabble, rabble, no,  rabble, rabble, won't happen,  rabble, rabble, no,

merge/lock.

also wrong place, feedback not GD

and there were dozens before you who emerged with this idea

 

also, why no downvote function with all that new fancy forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

I'd prefer if Tenno could drop a Cephalon in Maroo's Bazaar to handle their "shop."  Sellers could set an instant buyout price or a minimum starting bid/suggested retail point, or simply put the item up for sale but with no mentioned price.  They could choose to hide or make public all of the offers players have made on the item, and then the seller can go ahead and confirm the sale towards whomever they fancy, if they fancy any of them at all.  The selected buyer then gets a prompt to accept or deny the confirmation, finalizing or nullifying their offer.

The issue people against an AH have with the AH is their lack of control.

The issue people have with the current trade setup is all the time they have to spend reading scrolling text for something they want then dealing with some doof that merely states "offer" for a price.  A sort of automated shop with the above rules takes out the haggling/"socializing" (can't really be called that) concept while keeping control in the hands of the sellers, and gives EVERYONE more time to play the game as opposed to playing the market.  Throw in a search function to only reveal sellers selling the item the player is searching for, and I think we'll have a system that's close to an auction house, but still retains a seller's market.

Really, it's the standing around in the Liset and fishing/spamming the chat box that's the real problem with trading.  Take out the necessity of the chat box and the whole scene should improve.

thats why you use the "Search Function" like many many people have all ready said. either via forums or use a 3rd party website like Warframe.market in order to search for the thing youre wanting to buy!

 

its honestly not hard...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

I'd prefer if Tenno could drop a Cephalon in Maroo's Bazaar to handle their "shop."  Sellers could set an instant buyout price or a minimum starting bid/suggested retail point, or simply put the item up for sale but with no mentioned price.  They could choose to hide or make public all of the offers players have made on the item, and then the seller can go ahead and confirm the sale towards whomever they fancy, if they fancy any of them at all.  The selected buyer then gets a prompt to accept or deny the confirmation, finalizing or nullifying their offer.

The issue people against an AH have with the AH is their lack of control.

The issue people have with the current trade setup is all the time they have to spend reading scrolling text for something they want then dealing with some doof that merely states "offer" for a price.  A sort of automated shop with the above rules takes out the haggling/"socializing" (can't really be called that) concept while keeping control in the hands of the sellers, and gives EVERYONE more time to play the game as opposed to playing the market.  Throw in a search function to only reveal sellers selling the item the player is searching for, and I think we'll have a system that's close to an auction house, but still retains a seller's market.

Really, it's the standing around in the Liset and fishing/spamming the chat box that's the real problem with trading.  Take out the necessity of the chat box and the whole scene should improve.

That's why I said in one of the 6476468746546865746435465465765416476874684654561 threads about Auction House that we don't need an Auction House, we need something similar to Warframe.Market directly ingame.

Auction House cause more bad things than good things and has nothing to do with "control", with Auction House comes undercut players and a huge drop on the items prices, right now you can find some undercut players on trade chat, but they need to waste their time sending messages on the chat to undercut, with an Auction House system they would just undercut and logout, then something that was worth 50p today, will worth 20p tomorrow because someone added his items for 49p to sell quickly, then someone added his item for 45p to sell quickly, then someone with half-brain added his item for 30p because why the f*ck not, then someone else added his item for 20p and BOOM, the item worth sh*t now, congratz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BakuDM said:

That's why I said in one of the 6476468746546865746435465465765416476874684654561 threads about Auction House that we don't need an Auction House, we need something similar to Warframe.Market directly ingame.

Auction House cause more bad things than good things and has nothing to do with "control", with Auction House comes undercut players and a huge drop on the items prices, right now you can find some undercut players on trade chat, but they need to waste their time sending messages on the chat to undercut, with an Auction House system they would just undercut and logout, then something that was worth 50p today, will worth 20p tomorrow because someone added his items for 49p to sell quickly, then someone added his item for 45p to sell quickly, then someone with half-brain added his item for 30p because why the f*ck not, then someone else added his item for 20p and BOOM, the item worth sh*t now, congratz!

This is a problem FOR YOU.  For the buyer, it's a great thing.

I suggested something that keeps the current trade paradigm but makes the process a little more automated.

Otherwise, I'm totally for a bonafide auction house, 'cause forget the sellers that want to make bank on plat in a way that reeks of scams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current trade system is just bad . Their is no other way to say it.  Dealing with all the players that think their junk item is worth twice what it should be . I really love the guys who send you the offer answer. You don't walk into a store and go check out and have the clerk say offer. Their is a price just say what it is  you waste too much time with players  fishing for plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-02-26 at 5:39 PM, BakuDM said:

Omfg not again...

The only good reason about an Auction House is that you will not need to deal with stupid players. But that's the only good reason of having it.

There is also the general lack of needing that awful tradechat.

 

The trade system in game is baaad. At least allow mailing of items with COD instead of needing to meet at a dojo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the current trade system leaves much to be desired, but it is what is and you adapt until they make adjustments. IMO trading is endgame stuff and always has been. It takes time and effort to learn the market. People who cry about the "offer" are too lazy to learn the market and don't live in reality. 

It's not a scam to simply want to know what people are willing to pay for stuff just like it's not a scam to want to know what people are willing to sell stuff for.

The solution is simple:

If you don't want to get chumped out of plat, learn the market and know what the fair prices are. That's how real-life markets work. In real life if you don't do research you can get taken advantage of.

I always laugh when I see "PC ammo drum"

I can tell you something is worth 200p or 2p. Why would anyone take my word for it, unless they know me personally. Educate yourself before asking for everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, (PS4)yamikeigo said:

Yes, the current trade system leaves much to be desired, but it is what is and you adapt until they make adjustments. IMO trading is endgame stuff and always has been. It takes time and effort to learn the market. People who cry about the "offer" are too lazy to learn the market and don't live in reality. 

It's not a scam to simply want to know what people are willing to pay for stuff just like it's not a scam to want to know what people are willing to sell stuff for.

The solution is simple:

If you don't want to get chumped out of plat, learn the market and know what the fair prices are. That's how real-life markets work. In real life if you don't do research you can get taken advantage of.

I always laugh when I see "PC ammo drum"

I can tell you something is worth 200p or 2p. Why would anyone take my word for it, unless they know me personally. Educate yourself before asking for everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.

So who's lazier, the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and gets upset because someone told them to "Offer", or the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and so simply tells everyone to "Offer"?

The problem with the current system is that it's completely opaque until you actually get to a trading screen. You have no idea what other people are offering, and if you lose this blind auction you're left in the dark wondering why the person hasn't responded back yet.

What I'd like to see is a UI-driven trade system, that uses the same process as our current chat-based one, but allowed for time-deferred trading. You post an item, give it a little blurb about what you want for it, then people can post offers on that item, from which you select the one you want to accept. All using buttons and menus. Everything's still manual, you still need to select which offer you want, and both parties need to agree to finalize the trade. No automation for bots to take advantage of, and trades per day can still be enforced. And since all of a particular type of item can be browsed through (No sorting, though. Plat may be the de-facto currency of trading, but I'll fight hard against anything that makes it the official one. So no prices, therefore no sorting by cheapest), one can get a general idea of its value. Particularly if posted offers on items are also shown.

I had a big detailed post about this, but it's been buried, so whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kintair said:

So who's lazier, the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and gets upset because someone told them to "Offer", or the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and so simply tells everyone to "Offer"?

 

 

What I'm telling you is that people asking you to "offer" first are challenging your knowledge of the market. Just like people who ask for the price first are challenging the seller of his knowledge of the market. It goes both ways. If you don't want to get taken advantage of play the market and learn fair market values.

It's real life economics. I'm not saying it's ideal. This is the system they've given us for now. Can it be better? Sure. Will it get better? IDK

 

As for who's lazier? It's the person who goes into any market expecting everyone to be giving flat offers. Prices are dynamic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tired of buying and selling all day just in Tradeframe i want to play the game please add this. People in trade chat can be such you know whats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. People trying to sell their goods for outrageous prices, text scrolling so fast that's it's hard to catch an offer for more than a few seconds, and then people getting all angry when they ask for offers, and when you give an offer they don't like, they either tell you off or outright ignore you. I personally think we need something like Warframe Market incorporated into the game at the very least. Would make things a million times easier, and it would probably cut down on some of the toxicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised that this game do not have an auction house.

Any F2P game that relies on players purchasing alternate currency will have them to keep the in-game economy moving. Otherwise the motivation to buy plats diminishes when you have to jump through so many hoops to buy something. Also, with a game like this, reliable and fair trading are also motivators.

I'm talking about the average player here. Not the power traders that camp Trade channel for hours on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see myself supporting this idea anymore now that I've had a better look at the game design.

I've actually converted into believing in the brilliance of the free market known as Trade Chat. Implementing an Auction House will most likely end up ruining the game's economy and may even open a window of exploits for gold sellers or other scumbags who want to monopolize the market. This game doesn't deserve to stoop down to the level of other MMO's where the currency is controlled by the elite via auction house. You people should stop being lazy and embrace the free market for what it is. Lest you ask for something that you would come to regret sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...