Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

I'd prefer if Tenno could drop a Cephalon in Maroo's Bazaar to handle their "shop."  Sellers could set an instant buyout price or a minimum starting bid/suggested retail point, or simply put the item up for sale but with no mentioned price.  They could choose to hide or make public all of the offers players have made on the item, and then the seller can go ahead and confirm the sale towards whomever they fancy, if they fancy any of them at all.  The selected buyer then gets a prompt to accept or deny the confirmation, finalizing or nullifying their offer.

The issue people against an AH have with the AH is their lack of control.

The issue people have with the current trade setup is all the time they have to spend reading scrolling text for something they want then dealing with some doof that merely states "offer" for a price.  A sort of automated shop with the above rules takes out the haggling/"socializing" (can't really be called that) concept while keeping control in the hands of the sellers, and gives EVERYONE more time to play the game as opposed to playing the market.  Throw in a search function to only reveal sellers selling the item the player is searching for, and I think we'll have a system that's close to an auction house, but still retains a seller's market.

Really, it's the standing around in the Liset and fishing/spamming the chat box that's the real problem with trading.  Take out the necessity of the chat box and the whole scene should improve.

Edited by Littleman88

rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, no way in hell,  rabble, rabble, no,  rabble, rabble, won't happen,  rabble, rabble, no,

merge/lock.

also wrong place, feedback not GD

and there were dozens before you who emerged with this idea

also, why no downvote function with all that new fancy forum?

Edited by 5HV3N

7 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

I'd prefer if Tenno could drop a Cephalon in Maroo's Bazaar to handle their "shop."  Sellers could set an instant buyout price or a minimum starting bid/suggested retail point, or simply put the item up for sale but with no mentioned price.  They could choose to hide or make public all of the offers players have made on the item, and then the seller can go ahead and confirm the sale towards whomever they fancy, if they fancy any of them at all.  The selected buyer then gets a prompt to accept or deny the confirmation, finalizing or nullifying their offer.

The issue people have with the current trade setup is all the time they have to spend reading scrolling text for something they want then dealing with some doof that merely states "offer" for a price.  A sort of automated shop with the above rules takes out the haggling/"socializing" (can't really be called that) concept while keeping control in the hands of the sellers, and gives EVERYONE more time to play the game as opposed to playing the market.  Throw in a search function to only reveal sellers selling the item the player is searching for, and I think we'll have a system that's close to an auction house, but still retains a seller's market.

Really, it's the standing around in the Liset and fishing/spamming the chat box that's the real problem with trading.  Take out the necessity of the chat box and the whole scene should improve.

thats why you use the "Search Function" like many many people have all ready said. either via forums or use a 3rd party website like Warframe.market in order to search for the thing youre wanting to buy!

its honestly not hard...

9 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

That's why I said in one of the 6476468746546865746435465465765416476874684654561 threads about Auction House that we don't need an Auction House, we need something similar to Warframe.Market directly ingame.

Auction House cause more bad things than good things and has nothing to do with "control", with Auction House comes undercut players and a huge drop on the items prices, right now you can find some undercut players on trade chat, but they need to waste their time sending messages on the chat to undercut, with an Auction House system they would just undercut and logout, then something that was worth 50p today, will worth 20p tomorrow because someone added his items for 49p to sell quickly, then someone added his item for 45p to sell quickly, then someone with half-brain added his item for 30p because why the f*ck not, then someone else added his item for 20p and BOOM, the item worth sh*t now, congratz!

Edited by BakuDM

18 minutes ago, BakuDM said:

That's why I said in one of the 6476468746546865746435465465765416476874684654561 threads about Auction House that we don't need an Auction House, we need something similar to Warframe.Market directly ingame.

Auction House cause more bad things than good things and has nothing to do with "control", with Auction House comes undercut players and a huge drop on the items prices, right now you can find some undercut players on trade chat, but they need to waste their time sending messages on the chat to undercut, with an Auction House system they would just undercut and logout, then something that was worth 50p today, will worth 20p tomorrow because someone added his items for 49p to sell quickly, then someone added his item for 45p to sell quickly, then someone with half-brain added his item for 30p because why the f*ck not, then someone else added his item for 20p and BOOM, the item worth sh*t now, congratz!

This is a problem FOR YOU.  For the buyer, it's a great thing.

I suggested something that keeps the current trade paradigm but makes the process a little more automated.

Otherwise, I'm totally for a bonafide auction house, 'cause forget the sellers that want to make bank on plat in a way that reeks of scams.

The current trade system is just bad . Their is no other way to say it.  Dealing with all the players that think their junk item is worth twice what it should be . I really love the guys who send you the offer answer. You don't walk into a store and go check out and have the clerk say offer. Their is a price just say what it is  you waste too much time with players  fishing for plat.

On 2016-02-26 at 5:39 PM, BakuDM said:

Omfg not again...

The only good reason about an Auction House is that you will not need to deal with stupid players. But that's the only good reason of having it.

There is also the general lack of needing that awful tradechat.

The trade system in game is baaad. At least allow mailing of items with COD instead of needing to meet at a dojo...

Yes, the current trade system leaves much to be desired, but it is what is and you adapt until they make adjustments. IMO trading is endgame stuff and always has been. It takes time and effort to learn the market. People who cry about the "offer" are too lazy to learn the market and don't live in reality. 

It's not a scam to simply want to know what people are willing to pay for stuff just like it's not a scam to want to know what people are willing to sell stuff for.

The solution is simple:

If you don't want to get chumped out of plat, learn the market and know what the fair prices are. That's how real-life markets work. In real life if you don't do research you can get taken advantage of.

I always laugh when I see "PC ammo drum"

I can tell you something is worth 200p or 2p. Why would anyone take my word for it, unless they know me personally. Educate yourself before asking for everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)yamikeigo said:

Yes, the current trade system leaves much to be desired, but it is what is and you adapt until they make adjustments. IMO trading is endgame stuff and always has been. It takes time and effort to learn the market. People who cry about the "offer" are too lazy to learn the market and don't live in reality. 

It's not a scam to simply want to know what people are willing to pay for stuff just like it's not a scam to want to know what people are willing to sell stuff for.

The solution is simple:

If you don't want to get chumped out of plat, learn the market and know what the fair prices are. That's how real-life markets work. In real life if you don't do research you can get taken advantage of.

I always laugh when I see "PC ammo drum"

I can tell you something is worth 200p or 2p. Why would anyone take my word for it, unless they know me personally. Educate yourself before asking for everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.

So who's lazier, the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and gets upset because someone told them to "Offer", or the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and so simply tells everyone to "Offer"?

The problem with the current system is that it's completely opaque until you actually get to a trading screen. You have no idea what other people are offering, and if you lose this blind auction you're left in the dark wondering why the person hasn't responded back yet.

What I'd like to see is a UI-driven trade system, that uses the same process as our current chat-based one, but allowed for time-deferred trading. You post an item, give it a little blurb about what you want for it, then people can post offers on that item, from which you select the one you want to accept. All using buttons and menus. Everything's still manual, you still need to select which offer you want, and both parties need to agree to finalize the trade. No automation for bots to take advantage of, and trades per day can still be enforced. And since all of a particular type of item can be browsed through (No sorting, though. Plat may be the de-facto currency of trading, but I'll fight hard against anything that makes it the official one. So no prices, therefore no sorting by cheapest), one can get a general idea of its value. Particularly if posted offers on items are also shown.

I had a big detailed post about this, but it's been buried, so whatever.

13 minutes ago, Kintair said:

So who's lazier, the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and gets upset because someone told them to "Offer", or the person who doesn't want to research an item's price and so simply tells everyone to "Offer"?

What I'm telling you is that people asking you to "offer" first are challenging your knowledge of the market. Just like people who ask for the price first are challenging the seller of his knowledge of the market. It goes both ways. If you don't want to get taken advantage of play the market and learn fair market values.

It's real life economics. I'm not saying it's ideal. This is the system they've given us for now. Can it be better? Sure. Will it get better? IDK

As for who's lazier? It's the person who goes into any market expecting everyone to be giving flat offers. Prices are dynamic.

Edited by (PS4)yamikeigo

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. People trying to sell their goods for outrageous prices, text scrolling so fast that's it's hard to catch an offer for more than a few seconds, and then people getting all angry when they ask for offers, and when you give an offer they don't like, they either tell you off or outright ignore you. I personally think we need something like Warframe Market incorporated into the game at the very least. Would make things a million times easier, and it would probably cut down on some of the toxicity.

I was surprised that this game do not have an auction house.

Any F2P game that relies on players purchasing alternate currency will have them to keep the in-game economy moving. Otherwise the motivation to buy plats diminishes when you have to jump through so many hoops to buy something. Also, with a game like this, reliable and fair trading are also motivators.

I'm talking about the average player here. Not the power traders that camp Trade channel for hours on end.

I don't see myself supporting this idea anymore now that I've had a better look at the game design.

I've actually converted into believing in the brilliance of the free market known as Trade Chat. Implementing an Auction House will most likely end up ruining the game's economy and may even open a window of exploits for gold sellers or other scumbags who want to monopolize the market. This game doesn't deserve to stoop down to the level of other MMO's where the currency is controlled by the elite via auction house. You people should stop being lazy and embrace the free market for what it is. Lest you ask for something that you would come to regret sooner or later.

Edited by Bro_Z

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

An auction house would likely make trading easier, yet at the same time also ruin prices.

How will it run the prices? People already buy "prime junk" less then for 1p.

Rare prime gear parts and prime access gear parts will always be very valuable. It's not like you can't buy Katana Prime set for 200p in first day of Saryn Prime Access right now. Ember Prime Set will still cost 800p after auction house. Because it's rare.

Furthermore, Auction House will stimulate Platina circulation - therefore more people will be able to obtain and spend Platina on slots, cosmetics and some extremely rare/valuable items via market. There absolutely no way to add _new_ platina to circulation except buying for real money therefore it's good for DE that platina will circulate more. More active market = more players spend/buy platina for $$$ = better for DE. Simple.

Edited by SonicSonedit