Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Firstly, I think the current system is fine, it encourages players to be active to earn plat rather than earning plat while afk.

It's a pretty dated system. The trade system definitely needs some kind of update/improvement. Many are not fond of staring into trade chat for long periods of time, especially when they could be playing missions instead.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

It's a pretty dated system. The trade system definitely needs some kind of update/improvement. Many are not fond of staring into trade chat for long periods of time, especially when they could be playing missions instead.

No needs of updates, just use what us avaiable, warframe.market is good enough as action house.

https://warframe.market/

4 minutes ago, DoctorWild said:

No needs of updates, just use what us avaiable, warframe.market is good enough as action house.

https://warframe.market/

How about we update the current system so people don't have to leave the game to arrange trades?

I'd support an inter alliance and clan auction house.  I personally would like to see auction houses in the relays that the ruling DS clan/alliance runs. It's give more reason to fight over the things if the clans could put up AH and sell their people's wares exclusively.

3 hours ago, robertgk2017 said:

Okay so we can all agree that some people claim prices will skydive and never balance out if an auction house is implemented.  I know otherwise, but peoples opinions are hard to change.

How about a room in the clan dojo, that allows auction house trading, but only to people in you clan/alliance.  Would this work or nah?

For those of you who keep posting "no auction house it destroys economy"  please leave, you are not welcome here.

for the clan ? those are friends of mine and we all share at first hand together if we have parts somebody of the clan could need for free

im even honest to the f2p players in the clan and they dont have to pay anything

im not shure on which planet youre living in as well as we have allready a big drama at auctions on "rare things" (which is created by DE and useless because i dont support this with my hardearned real money, im not willing to give greedy sellers anything) and therefor the "values" rised and are more sick then ever before in the open trade in warframe

finally, i dont care about this all anymore because we left ground allready ... useless to think about

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

How about we update the current system so people don't have to leave the game to arrange trades?

I'd support an inter alliance and clan auction house.  I personally would like to see auction houses in the relays that the ruling DS clan/alliance runs. It's give more reason to fight over the things if the clans could put up AH and sell their people's wares exclusively.

Ya I don't see that @(*()$ up horridly like the dark sectors or anything.....

I prefer to avoid the Trade Chat at all costs, but I've only met one bad egg among a host of great people in all the months I've been trading. And, the worst trade I've ever had was yesterday, so obviously my precedent of avoiding TC has been for personal reasons up until this one yutz managed to validate my fears.

It's not about having fun for some people. It's cold, clinical business all the way. I find that sad and pathetic. I'm here for fun. 

Whether there is an Auction House or Trade Scrawl doesn't seem to matter. There's ALWAYS one d-bag in every group.

An auction house that is price locked like in Black Desert Online would be perfect.  That way scammers and plat gougers, esentially the majority of people I've met through trade, would no longer be able to profit off of uninformed newbies and people who don't trade often.  

And we would have a fair price market that has a little bit of leeway one way or another depending in how many of that type of item are posted...  And quiet frankly, Warframe has quiet a few prime parts and such available to us now, so yeah, I'm in favor of a balanced price locked auction house.  The only people who will complain about this is the people that abuse the system to make plat in their favor.

no auction house it destroys economy

what do you want to achieve with this post? This won't happen.

also, this is yet another great opportunity: notice general correlation between amount of posts and how opposed people are to AH idea and how people with less than 100 posts usually support the idea.

Edited by 5HV3N

11 hours ago, 5HV3N said:

no auction house it destroys economy

what do you want to achieve with this post? This won't happen.

also, this is yet another great opportunity: notice general correlation between amount of posts and how opposed people are to AH idea and how people with less than 100 posts usually support the idea.

You do understand that this is limited to members of the same alliance right?

I don't want to sound rude, just wanted to clarify.

16 hours ago, robertgk2017 said:

How about a room in the clan dojo, that allows auction house trading, but only to people in you clan/alliance.  Would this work or nah?

Yeah sure...until one clan/alliance monopolize the whole economy this way. 

No auction houses,

Browser first before accepting any offer

ALWAYS negotiate prices.

Problem solved.

Edited by Henji

Only if it was a double blind auction as another poster has suggested in 1 of the many threads.

The replicate nature of primes don't protect under cutting. Case in point: if I see 9 ash bps for 100p, 1 for 95p. Why would I as a buyer ever pay 100? The reasonable thing to do is buy at 90. While seller x will now see, well crap I guess I need to drop it down to 95. On and on it goes. Until the market determines a threshold value based on absolute and potential supply.

The double blind solution: the buyer doesn't know the current bid, the seller lists a non advertised minimum price. The buyer places a bid every 4 hrs max ensuring that they must bid a reasonable or high price. The seller's item cannot be undercut because there is no listed price. The buyer is able to "offline shop" and receives offers when the bid is won. Sellers that place the minimum too high will not sell as they do now and cannot drive inflation. Buyers cannot "price match" to devalue primes.

2 minutes ago, fakeBOSHI said:

Only if it was a double blind auction as another poster has suggested in 1 of the many threads.

The replicate nature of primes don't protect under cutting. Case in point: if I see 9 ash bps for 100p, 1 for 95p. Why would I as a buyer ever pay 100? The reasonable thing to do is buy at 90. While seller x will now see, well crap I guess I need to drop it down to 95. On and on it goes. Until the market determines a threshold value based on absolute and potential supply.

The double blind solution: the buyer doesn't know the current bid, the seller lists a non advertised minimum price. The buyer places a bid every 4 hrs max ensuring that they must bid a reasonable or high price. The seller's item cannot be undercut because there is no listed price. The buyer is able to "offline shop" and receives offers when the bid is won. Sellers that place the minimum too high will not sell as they do now and cannot drive inflation. Buyers cannot "price match" to devalue primes.

This is genius.  Although why would people bid on stuff?  Last I heard video game auction houses have nothing to do with an actual auction.

On 3/20/2016 at 3:42 AM, SonicSonedit said:

Okay, no. If a blueprint has a 0.01% chance to drop in T3 surv, it's value will not drop.

If we're talking about an offline auction house style market here, that would decrease the barrier to selling drastically. I know I have a bunch of prime pieces I could sell but don't want to be bothered. If I could drop them into a UI and then go about my day I would definitely sell them. There are people sitting on rare blueprints in the same situation.

Supply for everything would greatly increase under an offline AH model, and prices(in platinum) would plummet.There will never be an in-game auction house if anyone at DE has any sense. They already have at least some realization of this concept seeing as your number of trades per day is limited by your Time Sink(Mastery) level. To trade more you need to play more! If you can't trade more and have to farm it, that's also playing more!

As a player you need to take the downsides of a pay model along with its upsides. Trading is a pain, and funnels you towards The Grind. Almost everything about the game funnels you towards The Grind, and winks and nudges you about shortcuts you can take with Platinum. But it really is 'free' to play the game at its most basic level, and almost every item can be gained through in-game means(unlike many 'F2P' games where there's an entire tier of cash-shop-only items.)

1 hour ago, robertgk2017 said:

This is genius.  Although why would people bid on stuff?  Last I heard video game auction houses have nothing to do with an actual auction.

The current trade system is somewhat like an auction house.

The real purpose of bidding would be to ensure the seller is allowed to get the highest amount the market can afford whIle the buyer volunteers an offline price. 

Scenario:

(From sellers perspective). Seller A "Ash bp (unlisted 80p)". Seller B "Ash bp (unlisted 100p)". Since neither knows the others price,  neither loses or undercuts intentionally.

(From buyer's perspective) Buyer x bids 90p on seller A and B. Rejected from B's auction. No harm, he's been accepted for A so he can deduce that As price is at least 90, Bs is at least 90+. Buyer y bids 100p on both. Accepted by both. Buyer x is notified someone has out bid him. Sellers both win, buyer y also wins.

Buyer x whos bid is now not at market price loses as they should. The price in this case is only partially determined by the seller and largely determined by buyer competition.

Problem: people with enormous amounts of plat will dictate the market price for a while. Eventually, as plat is circulated and redistribute, the prices should equilibrate. The only way to keep it lopsided is to continously buy plat to command the market price (DE wins). Again this occurs irrespective of the buyer's price (set too high and u just won't sell).

The bid system slows down the transactions so everyone can have a fair go to "shop around". If it were simply purchasing by double blind alot of sales wouldn't be taken to the maximum (sellers can't win and buyers will have to overestimate too much to get a chance to buy).

Edited by fakeBOSHI

Rather than a vanilla auction house, perhaps a classified trading feature (like Warframe market site) would appease both sides of the fence.

So instead of you shoving your items into it and someone pays and takes them out, you list your items and prices. You still have to meet up and trade. You manage the listing/de-listing of buy/sell orders.

This means the lowest prices may not actually get the sale because you may not be available to trade and/or offline. Same goes with highest buy orders.

Once offline for X hours, all listings are automatically dropped. This is so if you DC you don't have to redo your trade listings. But if you actually go offline, the listings are gone after a while. Online/offline indicator would be something else to ponder on.

Granted there will be some trolls here and there. Like placing buy orders of some crap at 1000p or a sell orders at 1p. So, I guess this will have to rely on the "ignore" option.

15 hours ago, Noamuth said:

to be fair, everything about warframe is external

• drop rates
  • drop locations
  • ability mechanics
  • weapon mechanics
  • mission explanations
  • records of past events / TAs/ Baro
  • ducat tables
  • trading
  • finding good clans / alliances

playing Warframe without external sources would probably make this game the worst experience anybody ever had

Edited by SYL3NZR

19 hours ago, robertgk2017 said:

For those of you who keep posting "no auction house it destroys economy"  please leave, you are not welcome here.

so basically you're saying you won't even begin to listen to the other side of the story, and expect everyone to agree with you. way to go..... not much of a discussion then is it?

No AH, it will destroy the economy, ability of players to earn plat and sheer income of devs. It's a big no-no in all levels and all that to accommodate newbie players that want everything handed out to them asap, cheaply and on silver platter? No and no again.