Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

I see people asking for an auction house all the time, but nobody has ever really explained what's wrong with the current system. Yes it's a little clunky, but you're going to tell me that an auction house wouldn't be? 

Also, would a seller be forced to sell the item for the winning bid? Because if so that means that - given the saturation of the market, and the fact that there are always more sellers than buyers - prices will drop massively, as anybody smart will only bid on items that already have no bids. The only way around this would be to either allow the seller to not sell the item at the end of the sale, leading to a lot of wasted time for everybody, or to give provide a reserve, which will mean that things are basically the same as they are now. 

However, another major problem that is the complete inverse of this issue may occur, and prices might increase dramatically as those with more money than sense can more easily buy what they like for an above-market price. If auctions are active for an hour that gives plenty of time for everybody to find it, but the problem may arise that unscrupulous players will simply overwhelm newer players or people with real lives and make it impossible for such players to buy items for a reasonable amount. 

Of course, it's not possible that both of these outcomes would occur, but it seems likely to me that one of them would. Either prices drop, which benefits buyers and lowers the incentive to sell at all, meaning that less people will buy Platinum. Or, prices could rise and thus force new players and those without disposable income into a situation where they cannot acquire what they'd like.

My understanding on the matter is that people don't want to have to spend their playtime trying to sell or buy stuff in trade chat and I fully understand. So why not create a kiosk, like Baro's, where one could sell his Prime stuff for Plat instead of ducats, but at a slightly lower fixed price?

used to play a game a couple of years back where u could open a personal shop..

something like we have now in maroons bazaar but better.

u had this window where u could put ur items in and set ur price/quantity.

Spoiler

fate_guide_shop04.jpg

u could simply open other players shop by clicking on a box above their head and take out what u needed.

maybe something like this would work? 

sorry for mah bad english

2 hours ago, SYL3NZR said:

to be fair, everything about warframe is external

• drop rates
  • drop locations
  • ability mechanics
  • weapon mechanics
  • mission explanations
  • records of past events / TAs/ Baro
  • ducat tables
  • trading
  • finding good clans / alliances

playing Warframe without external sources would probably make this game the worst experience anybody ever had

So we shouldn't push for changes to the game that remove the requirement to leave?

Brilliant.

I'm not saying this isn't a thing, I'm saying we should get DE to improve the game.

18 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

An auction house that is price locked like in Black Desert Online would be perfect.  That way scammers and plat gougers, esentially the majority of people I've met through trade, would no longer be able to profit off of uninformed newbies and people who don't trade often.  

And we would have a fair price market that has a little bit of leeway one way or another depending in how many of that type of item are posted...  And quiet frankly, Warframe has quiet a few prime parts and such available to us now, so yeah, I'm in favor of a balanced price locked auction house.  The only people who will complain about this is the people that abuse the system to make plat in their favor.

Well said but people will say that there are ways to break the system either way or buy out everything and raise prices manually .

6 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

-----LegioN-----

Try checking trade channel. People already buy "prime junk" for less then 1 plat.

So? Players selling them that "prime junk" are basically scamming themselves thanks to their "desperation" to get some platinum. other than that, players buying prime junk are usually getting "bo prime ornament" and that kind of common things that can be easily obtained more than once in a single mission while farming whatever else. Auction House would only make things become "prime junk" much faster because it will be way easier to obtain. 

Edited by -----LegioN-----

2 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

The current system works fine. If your goal is making them sweet plats, then invest the time to get them.  In a game like this there'd be too much incentive to create bots for farming easy plat.  

Bots would be a problem, with or without an auction house. That is by definition, what bots do. Trade chat is insufficient. It works, kind of in the same way that a bike with only 1 wheel does...you COULD ride it, but it would really be alot faster and easier with 2 wheels. If you make a system easier to use, it funnels more players into it, meaning more supply, more demand, more plat circulating, and more people buying plat to circulate...literally everyone wins in a well designed trade system.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

I did not mean an auction house. I meant a kiosk to sell to npcs, just like when you get rid of weapons and frames.

That would not be good. Ducats are fine because they do not have trading power, other than with Baro. The ducat system is also meant to be a "more stuff" path where you melt the 30th soma prime barrel you have to get...a neat noggle. Your suggestion of selling stuff in exchange for plat with an npc is also dangerous. It allows plat to be artificially "created" and circulate without a real $ ever having been spent into DE's pocket. When people realize this, prices in trade will skyrocket because plat will objectively be worth less.

11 minutes ago, moronicacid said:

Nah. Auction houses are boring. Haggling and advertising in trade chat is so much better since it promotes additional player interaction.  In short,you can get more than a good deal in trade chat but also friends.

This is the ONLY reason I haven't completely abandoned Trade Chat altogether. 

The system is too cumbersome as is, watching the Scrawl flash by, you can actually feel your brain going numb.

Why they haven't at least seperated the Trade into WTB and WTS channels (with only WTT appearing in both) is beyond me. I'm so tired of staring at that friggin screen scanning for Arcanes only to realize the guy I'm about to contact isn't selling he's buying. DeRp I cAn'T rEaD tHiS fast!

If they're not going to let me put WTS and WTB in seperate tabs, they could at least let me filter them myself so I don't have to read whichever one I don't care about or add visual ques like WTS being blue and WTB being green....something other than massive wall of crap, read down this yourself and scan for.....naw, screw this, just load a mission and forget about it, try again in a week.

I would only want a specific buy or sell channel, or something alternative to seeing the pages of lists that people are selling. The current system is fine besides that, i post something i wanna sell/ buy i get a message, i negotiate, invite to clan and bam done. Very simple process. Also stack able mods, so i can buy 500 R5 at once.

On every thread asking for something to be implemented or improved on you have the same comments

"It's fine"

"Why change something that works?

"I sure do like the taste of DE's faeces"

Some people need to get their heads out of DE's &#!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 10:13 AM, Meliorism said:

On every thread asking for something to be implemented or improved on you have the same comments

"It's fine"

"Why change something that works?

"I sure do like the taste of DE's faeces"

Some people need to get their heads out of DE's &#!

No doubt. The system forces me to leave game and use a seperate system if I want to actually see results.

The bazaar is more like an elephant graveyard. It doesn't display prices, and I've got to pray said seller isn't AFK so I can contact him blah blah blah. 

It is antiquated. The entire process is. It feels practically antediluvian, like I'm living in another Age, and it's most definitely not a streamlined, bloodless process. I'm amazed anyone still bothers with it, as my opinion of Trade Chat gets worse by the day. Haven't traded in a couple weeks.

some people says that it is hard to make plats right now, when AH come what you will think will happen? stuff will become worthless and people start yelling this game is pay to win duh?

other than that bot attack is prevelent, remember that korean bot spam in this forum?, well should we have AH the damage would be far worst

So again I gonna said NO like the other hundred or so thread like this

Not every online game are suitable for an AH, warframe certainly one of them

I love the idea, Sick of people saying auctions are bad and will ruin everything. They don't. The auction does only a few things...1.) Remove player to player interaction. 2.) Easier to make gold for new and vet players. 3.) NO HAGGLING ALLOWED!

In Wow which is an exampled tossed around a few time here has a great Auction house. So what if end game players are selling items for high gold? This does NOT mean new players can't make some gold. I watched some video, studied the supply and demand and asked some questions from guild and I made 5,000+ gold in first three days playing WoW. Which if you play WoW you would know for a new player that is pretty descent...

Trove a game that didn't have an auction house but after much arguments and discussion they descried to add one. Yeah there where a lot of crap deals right away that where stupid high. If you know anything about an auction house then you know this is normal. When an auction house opens the prices for any and all items being listed will bounce all over the place for a few days till people undercut enough to the point they start slowly going up and back down. This system balances it's self over a week or so.

There is no reason why you can keep trying to trade but for those who want to use auction house then let them.

Trove did that, has both methods, and WoW has it with both methods.

This is just FAR more convenient than any player to player trade.

Whether anyone agrees with the idea or not. More people will be willing to trade which means, more money for DE, it's stupid for them not to do this. The only time I do actually trade in a game is when AH's are involved, and I know countless people who feel the same.

42 minutes ago, JungleBunny said:

Whether anyone agrees with the idea or not. More people will be willing to trade which means, more money for DE, it's stupid for them not to do this. The only time I do actually trade in a game is when AH's are involved, and I know countless people who feel the same.

Your logic is quiet questionable. Trading does not generate money for DE. Buying stuff with plat you bought does. Earning plat by selling does not make DE any money so making it easier is clearly not in DE's financial interest.

And buying stuff is already very easy. Since there are always far more seller than buyer in the trade channel. Many people not trading, aka selling their spare stuff to get plat is actually good for DE.