Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction House

Ashafa

this is really sick how much some ppl are greedy in trade.... just log in leveling my wukong and i think to buy vengeful revenant guy pm me asking 600p?!

first i am think auction house is bad idea cz i have bad expirience in some others mmos.......but now i think that  would be actually very nice to avoid scamers in trade

Regardless of the revenue implications for DE, the trade chat system is looking very archaic compared to how the rest of the game is moving.

Hmm, I minor Plat tax could be something I could understand DE doing. Like You setup an auction for X time, and it costs a certain amount of plat to do it. Like 12 hours 1 plat, 24 hours 2 plat. Things like that. If the plat in minor (like under 5) I think it would be acceptable. But I don't trade much so I could be wrong.

That way DE is pulling a little of the plat out of the market and in DE fashion you're paying plat for the convenience of an easier time selling.

Maybe if you sell  for over a certain amount like <10plat is credits, over 10 plat is a 10% plat charge. Or base item type like Prime Parts auctions require plat to sell it, but mods only cost credits to auction.

I could get on board with this. As you say, it'd fit into the "pay for convenience" ethos.

this is really sick how much some ppl are greedy in trade.... just log in leveling my wukong and i think to buy vengeful revenant guy pm me asking 600p?!

first i am think auction house is bad idea cz i have bad expirience in some others mmos.......but now i think that  would be actually very nice to avoid scamers in trade

Technically he wouldn't be a scammer, more a rip-off artist... but yeah, they're still annoying.

Edited by Dualice

I love the interactivity with the other players , seriously it's the only place where you must interact with your fellow players.

And once more shows that the great bulk of people are not that nice to deal with, for every good trade deal i have there is a heap that don't end with anything happening due to intractable types who get stroppy when you give them a low "offer" and they refuse to name a price.

Edited by AzureTerra

trading is so broken. the amount of people who spam the chat and the amount of toxicity is insane. we should really get an auction house which everysingle trading person would want to make trading less of a nightmare. the trading relay did nothing to help trading and an auction house would make trading much easier forever.

type in +1 if you support this idea

+1 Because this morning I had multiple idiots trying to sell me Loki Chassis on Xbox One for 60 plat or more! All of them convinced that the Medium 50 to High 75 pc prices were a good indication of Xbox Pricing -_-

And once more shows that the great bulk of people are not that nice to deal with, for every good trade deal i have there is a heap that don't end with anything happening due to intractable types who get stroppy when you give them a low "offer" and refuse to name a price.

Cynical but kinda true.

as much as i love the idea, i'd probably never buy plat again.

The trade tab is so much of a deterrent, that I GLADLY buy plat from DE

From a player perspective, great. From DE's perspective.....quite risky.

The only way it makes sense to me is if they only allow purchased plat (and tradeable items/mods) to be used in the auction house. This place would overflow with P2W rage.

as much as i love the idea, i'd probably never buy plat again.

The trade tab is so much of a deterrent, that I GLADLY buy plat from DE

From a player perspective, great. From DE's perspective.....quite risky.

The only way it makes sense to me is if they only allow purchased plat (and tradeable items/mods) to be used in the auction house. This place would overflow with P2W rage.

I guess a good comparison would be Neverwinter's auction system if ever you've played it. That works well, obviously you still get the overzealous sellers in there, but their items never sell for that reason

As this topic has been posted many times before, my response won't be anything new. First off, I've traded in warframe, A LOT. If you have something truly of value, then you will sell it. I think the auction house would make it convenient for the masses, but I disagree with implementing an auction house for multiple reasons listed below.

To start, why do you think people are able to charge so much in trade chat? Most people see the price of vengeful revenant (300p-600p) and exclaim, "Scammer!". Ok, if it's so easy to get it, you do it. Then you can tell me how much it's worth. I'm not going to go into the aspects of supply and demand, because i feel that topic's been beaten to death, but if you implement an auction house supply will go sky rocketing. Suddenly, ANYONE who has that part can will little effort post it with a price to some convenient tab, and the undercutting then begins until the price drops to next to nothing. All those people claiming to want to sell their prime junk? Congratulations, in no time it will be worth next to nothing. 

Secondly, I believe if you are willing to put in the effort, you should get rewarded. I put in the effort to advertise in the trade chat and peruse chat to see who needs what, and i frequently get rewarded for it. With an auction house, there is no effort other than posting your wares and waiting for someone to buy it. For people who claim, "But the effort is getting the item!", that is true and not true. RNG is a fickle mistress and there is no telling how much effort someone put into getting an item. If i put in 10 T3 MD runs to get something valuable versus someone who got lucky and got it in one run, you can bet i'll be pricing mine a bit differently.

Thirdly, to those who say the trade chat is toxic i largely disagree. Region chat is toxic, trade chat is more greedy. As long as you are polite, people tend to be polite in return. I have had WAY more good trades than i have had disrespectful or rude trades. I'd say for every 20-30 respectful people, there is one person who is disrespectful or rude.

Lastly, to call on my first point if all the prices drop the one who ends up losing is DE. And they definitely don't want to lose. Why do they lose you might ask? Well if all the sales prices drop, less platinum moving around means less people buying more plat means lost revenue for them. I have paid in the past for prime accessories, but i rarely fork over real money. I like to think that i support this game by playing the trade chat, and getting others who are willing to buy platinum to do so.

What i would like to see implemented however is more a bazaar style trading market, where you can setup your character at maroo's bazaar. This would open up a window where you could list all your wares, and prices for each item (or something that you would be willing to trade for). You wouldn't have to click to accept a trade, because the price would already be there. If someone agrees with the price they select the item, confirm they want to buy it and the trade happens. I'm sure there would be details to iron out, but i think that that system would have a good place in warframe.

If anyone believes the points i have provided is untrue, i would like to hear your reasoning. As i said, this topic has been brought up many times before.

TLDR:

An auction house would be convenient, but it is a shortsighted notion and would end up devaluing most items. It would also end up making DE lose platinum sales. However, a bazaar style market could work.

Edited by Etharien

Trading is an essential part of a community-based multiplayer game. Life alone teach you that trade brings the best utilization for your own interest. The feature of an auction house or trade-post is absolutely vital but it requires DE to have economical approach to such improvement. If done without care, the market become inflated with oligopoly group who may never ever need to buy platium :/

Solution: make a trading currency (ducat-based is an option). 

i want this to be added cus theres alot of stuff i want (nezha, loki deluxe skin, event puncture set, etc) and its impossible for me to get plat now as everything i have which used to be expensive is now quite cheap :/ and i have to suffer grinding for plat just to get them :/

Have fun watching the price of your items drop even further since all items in this game that are tradeable have a static quality and nigh infinite supply.

What people dont seem to understand is that the prices of actual rare items will SKYROCKET with an auction house. Things wont get cheaper for buyers. Sure youll probably be able to buy lifestrike for 5p with an auction house, but anyone posting a rage thread about trading is probably looking for rare itemsn not fodder.

Rare items will skyrocket because only the highest prices will remain after buyers quickly snatch up a 10p Ash systems. Whats left? Ash systems for 100p and everyone willing to wait follows suite. Anyone tries to undercut that price too much and its EASY pickings for a reseller whos probabbly stalking the market. The reseller will laugh to themselves as they snatch up items that go for too cheap and plan to make a profit. Undercutting DOES NOT WORK for rare items.

So what does an auction house bring? Dirt cheap semi-rare mods and overpriced rare items. Thats 450p Ash part wont be someone randomly trying their luck for a few seconds in chat, it will become a listed standard that other sellers try to match.

i want this to be added cus theres alot of stuff i want (nezha, loki deluxe skin, event puncture set, etc) and its impossible for me to get plat now as everything i have which used to be expensive is now quite cheap :/ and i have to suffer grinding for plat just to get them :/

So somehow you think that if DE installs an auction house, that it would raise prices on goods somehow so you can sell your stuff and make more plat? Does that sum it up?

Let me tell you how it would really work. The trading now is based on player perception of value. It would be the exact same in a player based auction house. The only difference is that instead of seeing one person post X part for 40 plat, now you can see all of the posts for X part starting at 40 plat and going straight down with every new post. 

There are two ways of getting plat in this game. Grind/trade or buy. If you are "suffering" while grinding, then consider buying. If you cannot buy, then "suffer". I don't mean to come across as rude to you, but you are only thinking of yourself when suggesting something like this, and would be far more unsatisfied with the result in the long run. The issue with trading is that people will devalue anything they can to make some quick plat. Plain and simple. And when prices are low, more people buy. Then, everyone just assumes that this or that is now just worth the lower price. Find a way to fix that instead.

I do try to say my piece every time this comes up, since I also agree that *something* is needed, though I disagree that an "auction house" is the best solution.

I personally have never enjoyed auction houses in games, buying or selling. I found Runescape's "Grand Exchange" to be the pinnacle of convenience for buying and selling things, really, but such a system is *only* for buying and selling, and requires a currency. As much as Platinum is the de facto currency of trading at the moment, I'd much rather avoid having it become the official one.

So I opt instead to promote the idea of a trading post, where one posts items for trade and others can browse and search through posted items. Limits are in place and there is no automation for bots to take advantage of.

To see the concept in full, look here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/547763-my-dream-trading-system/#entry6151627

I posted it a while ago, but it got relegated to Player Concepts, and never got as much feedback as I wanted (hence why I try to poke at these threads whenever they surface, though I will say that everyone who has commented on it has liked it). I want to get opinions from both pro- and anti- auction house people, so please go take a look and let me know what you think in the thread. (Not here, of course, not wanting to hijack this one)

Also, I hate it when people pull the "automated trade system will cause overbearing supply" idea. Because easing the trade process will bring as many buyers as it will sellers. On top of that, NEW players are still joining the game, this is not the stagnant community of some ten-year-old MMO where new players are a rarity. And to finish, new items will *always* start with zero inherent supply, and thus will always grant those big swings the big-time traders like to see.

APB:R Auction house. Thats how buying and selling happens in that game. There is 20% tax too. But we are talking about real currency, plat, so tax wont be there. Basically, auction house will bring the value down alot for many items. People will under cut people by a $1, thats how it works in APB. If 10 people are selling for 100plat, no one will buy it. If one person puts it as 99plat, it will sell first before other. Still, better than current. I waste so much time trying to trade my gammacor for tigris, still no luck.

They should just improve the trading system as a whole, but leave it interactive as it is. I mean, you can already trade premium currency for free. Having easier access to anything that rivals the market is one way for them to lose its viability apart from other stuff you can't trade. That or you'll probably force them to add another kind of premium currency that only applies to their market and make plat somewhat obsolete.

They could just add something else that helps other players know what other items you need. Maybe if you highlight someone's name in the chat window, a little pop-up of some kind of Tenno business/profile card would appear, displaying some items he/she may be buying/selling with a preferred price range.

Or prolly just have someone be able to quick-buy your stuff directly through trade chat by making listed items clickable with an embedded price at the cost of an additional plat fee and one item per trade opportunity? idk.

Or maybe just think of something better, but never make it so that trading plat will be fully automated.

Edited by Grifs

I never used to mind it too much, but lately there are so many people trading that the chat goes too fast.

The eye strain is real, the system has to be changed for people health and sanity.

I will admit i am not 100% sure what to but there are a lot of great ideas around here!

I personally quite enjoy trading as it is. With the advent of auction houses in nearly every large scale online game, its nice to go back to the old way of haggling for things. I remember I picked up a synoid gammacor for 20p right after it came out, felt great :)

As this topic has been posted many times before, my response won't be anything new. First off, I've traded in warframe, A LOT. If you have something truly of value, then you will sell it. I think the auction house would make it convenient for the masses, but I disagree with implementing an auction house for multiple reasons listed below.

To start, why do you think people are able to charge so much in trade chat? Most people see the price of vengeful revenant (300p-600p) and exclaim, "Scammer!". Ok, if it's so easy to get it, you do it. Then you can tell me how much it's worth. I'm not going to go into the aspects of supply and demand, because i feel that topic's been beaten to death, but if you implement an auction house supply will go sky rocketing. Suddenly, ANYONE who has that part can will little effort post it with a price to some convenient tab, and the undercutting then begins until the price drops to next to nothing. All those people claiming to want to sell their prime junk? Congratulations, in no time it will be worth next to nothing. 

Secondly, I believe if you are willing to put in the effort, you should get rewarded. I put in the effort to advertise in the trade chat and peruse chat to see who needs what, and i frequently get rewarded for it. With an auction house, there is no effort other than posting your wares and waiting for someone to buy it. For people who claim, "But the effort is getting the item!", that is true and not true. RNG is a fickle mistress and there is no telling how much effort someone put into getting an item. If i put in 10 T3 MD runs to get something valuable versus someone who got lucky and got it in one run, you can bet i'll be pricing mine a bit differently.

Thirdly, to those who say the trade chat is toxic i largely disagree. Region chat is toxic, trade chat is more greedy. As long as you are polite, people tend to be polite in return. I have had WAY more good trades than i have had disrespectful or rude trades. I'd say for every 20-30 respectful people, there is one person who is disrespectful or rude.

Lastly, to call on my first point if all the prices drop the one who ends up losing is DE. And they definitely don't want to lose. Why do they lose you might ask? Well if all the sales prices drop, less platinum moving around means less people buying more plat means lost revenue for them. I have paid in the past for prime accessories, but i rarely fork over real money. I like to think that i support this game by playing the trade chat, and getting others who are willing to buy platinum to do so.

What i would like to see implemented however is more a bazaar style trading market, where you can setup your character at maroo's bazaar. This would open up a window where you could list all your wares, and prices for each item (or something that you would be willing to trade for). You wouldn't have to click to accept a trade, because the price would already be there. If someone agrees with the price they select the item, confirm they want to buy it and the trade happens. I'm sure there would be details to iron out, but i think that that system would have a good place in warframe.

If anyone believes the points i have provided is untrue, i would like to hear your reasoning. As i said, this topic has been brought up many times before.

TLDR:

An auction house would be convenient, but it is a shortsighted notion and would end up devaluing most items. It would also end up making DE lose platinum sales. However, a bazaar style market could work.

it seems i could afk in that bazaar style market you suggested once i set my prices, so i would settle for that

DE needs a streamlined auction house that you can easily open up, buy your item(s) for platinum, and move on with your day. 

I want to play Warframe -- not sit around for an hour trying to sell my void loot.

+1 x100

Edited by Mobilizer